Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Fentry posted:

It appears Anthony has his original twitter account back and would it shock you to learn he's posting racist poo poo every 10 minutes

it does actually. I assumed it would be every 5, tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Fentry posted:

It appears Anthony has his original twitter account back and would it shock you to learn he's posting racist poo poo every 10 minutes

I noticed this and was very annoyed. Got random notifications all of a sudden and it's all garbage.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

to this day I can't see country music people without remembering this bit. I'M KENNY CHESNEY

Patrice's impression, that he can't get through without laughing, "I UUGHHH GUUHHH..... PETER MORRIS!"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
“Dierks Bentley” is the name I will always hear in an Arnold voice whenever I see it. For nearly 20 loving years now

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Kevyn posted:

“Dierks Bentley” is the name I will always hear in an Arnold voice whenever I see it. For nearly 20 loving years now

MY ARCH-NEMESIS DIERRRKS BENTLEY

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kevyn posted:

Yup. I didn't even listen to the linked bit but that's the one and only name I heard in Ant's Ahnuld voice.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fentry posted:

If you appeal your suspension by saying "Wah I was cancelled by the far left for being Right Wing" you get your account back regardless of your actual posting history.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Morter posted:

Yup. I didn't even listen to the linked bit but that's the one and only name I heard in Ant's Ahnuld voice.

To this day if there is a decent chance of 🎵”I’ll be touching your vulva tonight… With Clean Hands🎵 if I so much as encounter the phrase “clean hands”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Surprised it took this long to get his account back Musk loves replying to a bunch of race-IQ accounts.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
https://twitter.com/ClassicShelb/status/1636556358358106113?t=YcIo8FCr10N6_WZ890BIZg&s=19

Classic Shelb

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The sniper

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Remember when Shelb got annihilated by Ron during the angry days when he suggested no one listened to O&A

Every once in awhile I hear him mentioned in a podcast, I don't know what he's doing but he was a funny intern

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Remember when Shelb got annihilated by Ron during the angry days when he suggested no one listened to O&A

Every once in awhile I hear him mentioned in a podcast, I don't know what he's doing but he was a funny intern

I think if he has a decent job and is doing whatever he wants to do he's doing miles above anybody from either show. Maybe not Ron.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz0oOTxPZbU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Smugworth posted:

He produces a bunch of comedy podcasts

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Smugworth posted:

I just assumed, given the slight peek behind the curtain we got after Fez passed away, that was 100% a work.

I think it was maybe Paul MCartney didn't stop to do the O&A show? I just figured it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at them because they seemed tremendously offended that he didnt do their show.

Going back to the Earl talk, i just started listening to some really early XM shows. Jan 2006 and Ron and Fez are already fed up with Earl's screw ups, 3 months in to the gig. It's amazing he lasted as long as he did. Everything from organisation to production pieces and booking guests. He was discussing his upcoming employee review and though he deserved something like a 10-15% pay raise after 3 months in the job.

Followed this immediately with the Grammy recording incident.

Such a thoroughly odd man.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Glad I'm not the only who remembers this bit lol

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Stotty posted:

I just assumed, given the slight peek behind the curtain we got after Fez passed away, that was 100% a work.

I think it was maybe Paul MCartney didn't stop to do the O&A show? I just figured it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at them because they seemed tremendously offended that he didnt do their show.

Going back to the Earl talk, i just started listening to some really early XM shows. Jan 2006 and Ron and Fez are already fed up with Earl's screw ups, 3 months in to the gig. It's amazing he lasted as long as he did. Everything from organisation to production pieces and booking guests. He was discussing his upcoming employee review and though he deserved something like a 10-15% pay raise after 3 months in the job.

Followed this immediately with the Grammy recording incident.

Such a thoroughly odd man.

Is there a site with the R&F archives these days? Archive.org was pretty barren when i last looked

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The story is that Shelby got fired because he lied on his resume that he had graduated from college but was missing like one class and didn't actually graduate.

The truth is he made fun of Opie and Anthony and said why would Paul McCartney ever go on their show... Which would be funny if it came from one of their comedian buddies but because it was a low end associate producer who was newish they were pieces of poo poo and I think they had him fired and then Ron used it as an excuse that he wasn't doing his work.

Shelby also recently tweeted that he made $33,000 at SiriusXM when someone posted something about how 100k in New York City is like making 36k in small markets.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

T Bowl posted:

The story is that Shelby got fired because he lied on his resume that he had graduated from college but was missing like one class and didn't actually graduate.

The truth is he made fun of Opie and Anthony and said why would Paul McCartney ever go on their show... Which would be funny if it came from one of their comedian buddies but because it was a low end associate producer who was newish they were pieces of poo poo and I think they had him fired and then Ron used it as an excuse that he wasn't doing his work.

Shelby also recently tweeted that he made $33,000 at SiriusXM when someone posted something about how 100k in New York City is like making 36k in small markets.

I 100% believe Sirius is paying jack and poo poo to their non-talent staff, let alone their minor talent. I can't imagine Gail makes over 100k there but Ron's been negotiating contracts for decades so who knows

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 21, 2023

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
man I just always assumed Gail made what Ron made since she was just replacing fez and I thought she was just being cheap when she talked about stuff being expensive haha

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They know she has zero draw and is only there because of Daddy, there's no way she makes the same.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I actually think Gail is fine but deffo nepo and wouldn't survive on her own :shrug:

I only sub for Bennington and Bonfire, which also went through a host change

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Speaking of random rear end bits I remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbn426EORk

'Uh hao hao hao' popped into my head and I couldn't give a gently caress about the song, but these two jokers spinning it was a loving treat.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I don’t really get the Gail hatred; she can contribute to lists of grossest foods or best one hit wonders as well as anyone else.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry to say this about the big cat but Gail contributes as much or more as Fez did for I would say the last 5 or 6 years here was there at least

her and stanley should just split whatever Fez was making

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm sorry to say this about the big cat but Gail contributes as much or more as Fez did for I would say the last 5 or 6 years here was there at least

her and stanley should just split whatever Fez was making

Can't argue with that

But you gotta cut Earl in, he plays the resident nut who can't talk on air pretty well

E: almost forgot incel

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

Can't argue with that

But you gotta cut Earl in, he plays the resident nut who can't talk on air pretty well

E: almost forgot incel

that's true earl does contribute a lot to the show by being insane

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

Morter posted:

Speaking of random rear end bits I remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbn426EORk

'Uh hao hao hao' popped into my head and I couldn't give a gently caress about the song, but these two jokers spinning it was a loving treat.

Love this one, the Bonfire was my O&A replacement. Super bummed Soder left. I don't mind Robert Kelly, but the dynamic just isn't the same and it's now a show where I'll listen occasionally depending on the guest. Started going through their archives from the beginning, pretty impressive how the show was so quickly hilarious.

For content here's one of my favorite bits timestamped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoueWbNkKuo&t=317s

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

T Bowl posted:

For some reason I remember that being around what East Side Dave was making when he made demands and was let go, but I may be wrong in that recollection.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Fez wasn't making much either, but came on as a duo with Ron and was much more engaged obviously at first....

Nepotism hire to continue to do radio is a different beast, and works enough but yeah, not the same.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

Fez wasn't making much either, but came on as a duo with Ron and was much more engaged obviously at first....

Nepotism hire to continue to do radio is a different beast, and works enough but yeah, not the same.

I thought Fez was making a bunch and they alluded to that a bunch in terms of like how little he did with his money and how he wouldn't give up any so dave could stay etc

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

T Bowl posted:

Shelby was an intern when the Paul McCartney thing happened and later became a full employee, so this isn't correct at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXmBWN0AbQ

I believe this magical piece of radio post-dates the whole Macca bit.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I thought Fez was making a bunch and they alluded to that a bunch in terms of like how little he did with his money and how he wouldn't give up any so dave could stay etc

I'm pretty sure he was on an equal footing, they alluded to that a lot on the show. Ron lamenting how they both got equal pay despite the split of work etc. I think Fez also mentioned he was paying for his Niece/Nephew's college etc. Some bit where they talked about hiring some gospel choir for a family event that he had to foot the bill for. Shoot or work, there was a period where he offered to pay Dave all his childcare costs so Casey could go out to work. I think it's fair to say Fez was doing alright.

Sankis posted:

Is there a site with the R&F archives these days? Archive.org was pretty barren when i last looked

Here ya go budday

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

empty baggie posted:

For some reason I remember that being around what East Side Dave was making when he made demands and was let go, but I may be wrong in that recollection.

If I remember, Dave was making like 32,000 and they offered him 33,000.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Fez was rich. He had food delivered twice a day 365 days a year. His morning frothy OJ was 5 bucks. He still had his first communion check, fer chrissakes!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
God drat man Anthony getting unbanned from twitter has been a trip. This dude is vile. I never really used twitter I just installed it really to follow O&A a decade plus ago. Now I keep getting notifications for the most crazy broke brained racist poo poo. I’m an old internet edge lord and even this offends me.

I mean dear god all Anthony does is sit around all day and think about how much he hates black people doesn’t he?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's wild the road people take on this stuff. Almost everyone on here myself included used to say all kinds of vile poo poo and slurs because in the '00s it was funny, and wasn't necessarily said with hate. It's so hard to describe this to younger folks but it really is a "you had to be there" type thing. But the thing is, we all grew up, matured, moved on, and all collectively stopped using those terms because it's obviously gross and we shouldn't have been doing it in the first place. But the people that do hold onto that stuff because they're "based","edgy","free","unwoke" etc are truly vile, extremely unfunny and awful people.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Watching ironic internet racist humor morph into the alt-right made it suddenly a lot less funny.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stotty posted:

Shelby was an intern when the Paul McCartney thing happened and later became a full employee, so this isn't correct at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXmBWN0AbQ

I believe this magical piece of radio post-dates the whole Macca bit.

I'm pretty sure he was on an equal footing, they alluded to that a lot on the show. Ron lamenting how they both got equal pay despite the split of work etc. I think Fez also mentioned he was paying for his Niece/Nephew's college etc. Some bit where they talked about hiring some gospel choir for a family event that he had to foot the bill for. Shoot or work, there was a period where he offered to pay Dave all his childcare costs so Casey could go out to work. I think it's fair to say Fez was doing alright.

Here ya go budday

They didn't pay either that great compared to even Jim Norton. That's my point.

I guess I misremembered when Shelby said the Paul McCartney thing. Maybe it was another jab at Opie and Anthony, specifically Opie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Good lord is Anthony a piece of poo poo