Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Can I ask a dumb question?

Why the loving sink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Because I don't have a urinal in my house

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

credburn posted:

Can I ask a dumb question?

Why the loving sink?

that is a foolish question

it's a pissing sink not a loving sink

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

AnoHito posted:

I do it when shaving because otherwise my beard hair clogs the drain and the basin fills up anyway.

Buy a small battery operated vacuum to clean up after a shave, it'll change your life.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

mobby_6kl posted:

Because I don't have a urinal in my house

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wipe the lather and hair off with a paper towel. Discard paper towel.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Platystemon posted:

Wipe the lather and hair off with a paper towel. Discard paper towel.

Wait, are we still talking about urinals?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you’re making lather at the urinal, you should probably see a nephrologist.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Platystemon posted:

Does anyone under the age of sixty fill and use the basin for daily ablutions?

I know that people used to rinse razors and such in standing water, and like plane lavatories have signs asking you to wipe down the basin after use, but it’s always been gross. Use running water from the faucet.

Here in the uk we still have a lot of bathrooms without the basic technology of mixer taps for outdated reasons so its still needed in some places. This is not a defence of filling the basin mind you, merely yet another reason this island is cursed

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

First of May posted:

Buy a small battery operated vacuum to clean up after a shave, it'll change your life.

I don't think that will help the core issue of my hair going down/clogging the drain after I rinse it off the razor...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tunicate posted:

So 2022 is the worst season across the board

does anyone below the age of 50 even rate stuff on imdb anymore?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Was it in the middle of the living room like that one AITA?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Grassy Knowles posted:

that is a foolish question

it's a pissing sink not a loving sink

Remember to mount the loving sink using long bolts going all the way through the wall, with big washers under the nuts on the other side. Otherwise it will come crashing down when people gently caress on it.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

big washers under the nuts
oh my

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

2023 World Happiness Report

Rest of the graph:

Rest of the graph:

Source: https://happiness-report.s3.amazonaws.com/2023/WHR+23.pdf

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Sooo... Life in Afghanistan sucks, but at least it sucks pretty much equally for everyone they asked?

BTW, come to Scandinavia, we even have a thread for it!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032955

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

We also have Finnthread, but please go instead to scandithread and leave us in peace.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
*scribbles in the margins laughing at hosed up scales*

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the implication that japan is just very miserable generally

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
look at south korea and taiwan too. you can talk about the legacy of the british empire on the world but it seems like the japanese empire left, what, a giant stamp of ennui on east asia

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's apparently a second set of happiness reasons that paints Asia as slightly less miserable? I guess? It's hard to tell with the relative sizes being category locked on percentage points.

too lazy to screenshot this one

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

zedprime posted:

There's apparently a second set of happiness reasons that paints Asia as slightly less miserable? I guess? It's hard to tell with the relative sizes being category locked on percentage points.

too lazy to screenshot this one

South Korea and Japan still look fairly miserable, but there's obviously something there for a decent portion of the Taiwanese to live for. Presumably to stick it to the Mainland.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Proud to see maggie thatcher's legacy represented as the UK very nearly leads the world in the idea that there is no such thing as society.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Given the state of British society, I am completely unsurprised that none of them think it's something worth living for.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

We will never get an animal friends film with a camel and a pig.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

None of that indicates misery, it just indicates that the source of happiness is not one of the few mentioned on the chart.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Kazakhstan won’t let you down!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm sorry but this is pigshit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_feral_camel

quote:

Australia has the largest population of feral camels and the only herd of dromedary (one-humped) camels exhibiting wild behaviour in the world. In 2008, the number of feral camels was estimated to be more than one million, with the capability of doubling in number every 8 to 10 years. In 2013, this estimate was revised to a population of 600,000 prior to culling operations, and around 300,000 camels after culling, with an annual growth of 10% per year.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Huh, that's wild. I guess it makes sense that they could live there, I just don't remember ever hearing the slightest mention of an active camel population in Australia.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Huh, that's wild. I guess it makes sense that they could live there, I just don't remember ever hearing the slightest mention of an active camel population in Australia.

I see what you did there... and yes it goes mostly unnoticed because very few people live near them because it's the desert.

The spread of camels according to Wikipedia:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nenonen posted:

The spread of camels according to Wikipedia:

do not try to cross reference this search with reddit

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

lol!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

I think I assumed it was the case because the discworld novel set in fourecks has a camel arriving via driftwood.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Australia captures wild camels and exports them to Saudi Arabia” is one of those facts that sounds fake as hell but is actually true.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Australia's ecosystems have been hosed up by all manner of imported animals because the food chain worked a lot different than Eurasia before colonization. Rabbits are the most famous example, but foxes also did a lot of damage.

10% yearly population growth is not sustainable, in case anyone missed that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They brought camels to build railroads across the desert. Which makes perfect sense, until the part when you go "what are we gonna do with them when we're done"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

steinrokkan posted:

They brought camels to build railroads across the desert. Which makes perfect sense, until the part when you go "what are we gonna do with them when we're done"

.......camel steaks?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Start a towing service: Camel Tow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Give them away to anyone who's willing to come to the site on foot and pick one up.

I'd walk a mile for a Camel.