Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pretty excited for these changes. I'll be happy to get the Ultimate shop because there's a few I want to save up for. I still have about a dozen S3 cards left to get, but I only care to have one ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Scrap Dragon posted:

This fuckin blows, lol. I lack two cards from being S3 complete so this basically means I get the 100 token boxes on both sides of S3

I explained this poorly. Currently every 4 reserves is one of 4 things;
1) a cosmetic (avatar, title, variant)
2) currency (credits or gold)
3) 100 tokens <----- This is the area that is changing.
4) A S3 card

If you're S3 complete it looks like this:
1) a cosmetic
2) currency
3) 100 tokens
4) 200-600 tokens

What they're doing is making it so it will be unchanged for S3 complete people but if you haven't finished S3, instead of 100 tokens, you get 200-600 tokens.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

RevKrule posted:

If you're S3 complete, you'll get 100 tokens in those boxes (so technically this won't change for S3 complete people).

In a set of 4 reserves where you open a new S4/S5 card, you also get 200-600 tokens instead of 100 tokens. So technically a little better even for S3 complete folks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And it's great for new players because they won't have to hoard their tokens until cl 2,000 or so because they will earn so many.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

DrOgreface posted:

In a set of 4 reserves where you open a new S4/S5 card, you also get 200-600 tokens instead of 100 tokens. So technically a little better even for S3 complete folks.

They also said that "Once a Card Series is complete, caches that would have contained a card from that Series will now be replaced with 100 Tokens", so it's not changing things for s3 complete players. It's way, way better for anyone without a complete S3 collection of course.

e: oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, it's just better for everyone to do it this way. Unfortunate for anyone who played between token introduction and now, but oh well.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
good poo poo when's the patch

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s usually at the end of the month

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Darke GBF posted:

good poo poo when's the patch

Next week

BoldFace posted:

Really sad that they're ditching the unranked mode.

If you squint hard enough conquest mode can serve as an unranked mode. Just play at the lowest level where there are no stakes.
They even confirmed matches in conquest will count for dailies and boosters.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 17, 2023

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Devo posted:

The free pool 3 card seems like it's going to be good even for players that are pool 3 complete (because pool 3 complete is always a temporary state). For example, I don't have Orka right now, so when he drops to P3 in a few weeks I can snag him for free instead of pulling that piece of poo poo out of a box that could be something useful instead. At least if I'm understanding it correctly.

Yeah of course because you'd pull that S3 card from a reserve shortly anyway it's a much more minor boost for them (basically just gives them the 200-600 tokens they'd get in that slot instead).

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Variant Rush starts Tuesday.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
hooray, i can finally get rid of that red button on my CL track from not opening anything since they announced it!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

gently caress variants, just give me the cards I want. :)

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

First you get the cards.
Then you get the variants.
Then you get the power.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
EDIT: waiting for confirmation...

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Jedit posted:

Notes are out. Most important is that the latest card will always be available in the shop and anyone who isn't S3 complete will get one free card a season.

E: also tokens will appear in caches as well as reserves, so from CL500.

That's a road map, not notes!!

lmk when they kill thanos and shuri meta so i can do more than dailies :colbert:

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I hit infinite today using mostly Thanos/Lockjaw and Shuri/Red Skull. I love the versatility of the stones combined with lockjaw gambling. Even if that interaction is nerfed Thanos is a fun card. That said, I'm done with those cards for a while. I legitimately thought something was broken with my matchmaking at the beginning of the season. The last two seasons I finished in the 90s then 80s and it was a struggle. This season it took me 4 days to hit 85 then another 4 to hit 95. Those first few days I had a bunch of games where I won 8 cubes on completely nonsensical plays from my opponents. Now I'm donating cubes for a few days. If you play Neighborhood Cat (a bit smelly but otherwise fine) say hello and I'll donate 8 for you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Uh..... rip.

https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1636855863548706817

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

As long as I can get the one I have pinned I don't care.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

talk about hustling backwards

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
That’s a clever way of slowing down progress. How dastardly. Glad I’m nearly P3 complete.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JackDarko posted:

That’s a clever way of slowing down progress. How dastardly. Glad I’m nearly P3 complete.

My exact thoughts. That seems really rough. Anything under 3000 tokens is useless? What?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It seems most people have been buying S4 and 5 cards anyway. I think I'm the odd one since I've bought multiple S3 cards and haven't bought any of the other series. I've bought 6 and I'm about to buy my seventh, and I've only been able to get 2 bundles with tokens.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Walla posted:

It seems most people have been buying S4 and 5 cards anyway. I think I'm the odd one since I've bought multiple S3 cards and haven't bought any of the other series. I've bought 6 and I'm about to buy my seventh, and I've only been able to get 2 bundles with tokens.

Same here. I bought nearly all the P3 staples. I had more fun that way as a lot of those cards fit into many decks. I’d have enjoyed the game far less if I couldn’t have bought them.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lol what the gently caress are they doing

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

JackDarko posted:

Same; I have like 6 or so left

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JackDarko posted:

Same here. I bought nearly all the P3 staples. I had more fun that way as a lot of those cards fit into many decks. I’d have enjoyed the game far less if I couldn’t have bought them.

I mostly tried to buy what looked fun. I did buy Negative and She Hulk and Mystique, but I did buy Rogue and Kingpin and Ghost Rider as well and those definitely aren't strong cards. Hell, the one I have pinned right now is Debrii.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Same; I have like 6 or so left

I've pulled that many in the last 2 weeks. 1 free a season on top of 8 or 10 won't be horrible, and being able to target fun cards like Shanna or the Ultimate Variants will be a bit more bearable. Imo

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Under the new system, buying an S3 would lose you 900 tokens, they’re saving people from themselves.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
not being able to buy s3 cards does seem to suck on its face but i think it works out better in the long run?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
it works out kind of the same as far as collection levels. you'd get around 1000 tokens a month from reserves as f2p now, and this bumps that up to around 4000.

it does suck that you can't buy token bundles and get more s3 cards though

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

No idea what to think about the promised changes. I just want whatever will get me the most new cards.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hm Shadow king is an interesting card to dealing with Carnage and Venom

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
PIXEL FITES
Step 1: Make a deck using only PIXEL VARIANTS
Step 2: Fite me

MARVEL SNAP Friendly Battle Code: 21321

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 18, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

The free pool 3 card seems like it's going to be good even for players that are pool 3 complete (because pool 3 complete is always a temporary state). For example, I don't have Orka right now, so when he drops to P3 in a few weeks I can snag him for free instead of pulling that piece of poo poo out of a box that could be something useful instead. At least if I'm understanding it correctly.

Once you're S3-complete, you'll always be able to get every card that drops into the series almost on the day it drops even if you don't save up for it. It's a maximum of 2200 credits per card, less if you open credits instead of gold in your currency box, and you get more than twice that just for doing your dailies and the weekly. With the card boxes now having the small token reward instead of the big one if you're complete there's no longer a reason to level up cards more than once a month, unless you're impatient and can't wait to finish the two chapter missions. And even that only costs 1000 credits if you wait for them both to come up before you do them.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I've just gotten up to Pool 3 after playing this game for 2.5 weeks or so. Mostly having fun so far, but man once I hit 70/75 this month the quality of opponents/decks skyrocketed. I was playing against decks with significant numbers of Pool 3 cards well before I completed Pool 2. I've fallen down all the way below 70 now. I keep telling myself to Escape more but I just keep hanging on for 'maybe' wins that aren't really there.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

victorious posted:

I've just gotten up to Pool 3 after playing this game for 2.5 weeks or so. Mostly having fun so far, but man once I hit 70/75 this month the quality of opponents/decks skyrocketed. I was playing against decks with significant numbers of Pool 3 cards well before I completed Pool 2. I've fallen down all the way below 70 now. I keep telling myself to Escape more but I just keep hanging on for 'maybe' wins that aren't really there.

hello me from 3 weeks ago. enjoy the misery until you figure out how all the busted decks using pools 3-5 cards work and what their win conditions look like so you can know when to escape!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Somehow I clawed my way to 75. Holy poo poo. Treated myself to Thanos. Hope the nerf isn't TOO harsh.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My upper nineties push is just me getting hosed by rng what the hell. All night long the One Card I Needed is in the bottom 3 of my deck, the gambits hit the one out of five, the jubilees hit the infinaut. poo poo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I got Debrii! Spent all of my 700 gold to get there but it's worth it. This off meta junk deck is fully armed and operational.

victorious posted:

Devil Dino stays very strong, and so does Ongoing Spectrum. Zoo is surprisingly strong as well, you just have to play it intelligently. Good luck!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Just pulled Rescue and have slotted her into my Xavier deck. Still the best card in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I got enough gold for the mystery variant bundle and

:cripes: