Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1636677766115635201

There's also this guy. I feel like the new series isn't going to have a talking Pokemon like Meowth so there's this guy instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Decidueye sucks. the part of the script where it gets four moves in a row if you take it down to ~35% fairly quickly is very bad

gets rid of debuffs -> attack turn -> swords dance -> spirit shackle. time to wipe!!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

indigi posted:

Decidueye sucks. the part of the script where it gets four moves in a row if you take it down to ~35% fairly quickly is very bad

gets rid of debuffs -> attack turn -> swords dance -> spirit shackle. time to wipe!!

Don't forget also using Air Cutter 2 times in a row for no reason but to waste time

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Zuzie posted:

https://twitter.com/AnipokeFandom/status/1636677766115635201

There's also this guy. I feel like the new series isn't going to have a talking Pokemon like Meowth so there's this guy instead.

Oh great, instead of a cute talking cat, we get... some pervert??

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

For the Decidueye raid apparently Miraidon can almost OHKO? 2x Metal Sound, Charge and then Electro Drift. Haven't tried yet though.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it depends on having a good team. if someone dies it'll trigger the shield and debuff and ruin it.

I've seen miraidon functionally OHKO with a 4 miraidon raid, everyone used metal sound turn one then electro drift turn two

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

indigi posted:

it depends on having a good team. if someone dies it'll trigger the shield and debuff and ruin it.

I've seen miraidon functionally OHKO with a 4 miraidon raid, everyone used metal sound turn one then electro drift turn two

On solo that wouldn't be a problem (instead it'd be the AI dealing too much damage). You'd depend on Staraptor for survivas though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Reminder that Rhydon can learn Surf even in RBY.

There was even an anime episode about how ridiculous it is!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Scholtz posted:

Oh great, instead of a cute talking cat, we get... some pervert??

Maybe there's a mimikyu in there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vandar posted:

There was even an anime episode about how ridiculous it is!

Wait really? That's the whole reason I brought it up cause I don't remember the anime acknowledging Rhydon can learn surf.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

indigi posted:

Decidueye sucks

True!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Maybe there's a mimikyu in there.

Clearly it’s Iono in a Nidorina suit

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

not sure why but I'm getting some serious Tomoaki Imakuni vibes from the concept art

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently Zir/Jill and Conia aren’t Team Rocket equivalents per se but rather just a rival team to the protagonists

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I just watch the episode where the Rockets really want to get rid of Morpeko because it just keeps eating everything in sight, and then it makes a sadface one time and James crumbles instantly like the absolute angel he is

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

HopperUK posted:

Hmm. Jill is an unusual name for a man. But on the other hand, Golduck goes 'wak wak'. So I am overall in favour.

Yeah, his name's ジル (Jiru) and hers is コニア (Konia).

They're named after my favorite gem, the cubic jillconia.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

HopperUK posted:

I just watch the episode where the Rockets really want to get rid of Morpeko because it just keeps eating everything in sight, and then it makes a sadface one time and James crumbles instantly like the absolute angel he is

Yeah, the Stockholm Syndrome was pretty bad, and I have no idea why they thought that was a good direction to take them in

At least that's more-or-less the end of it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Teratrain posted:

Yeah, his name's ジル (Jiru) and hers is コニア (Konia).

They're named after my favorite gem, the cubic jillconia.

Oh that's actually excellent.

I am not mad about any moment in the anime when the Rockets have the chance to be slightly cruel or unkind and find they can't do it. They're so cute.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I wonder how much relevance the characters and story from SV will have in this new series (hopefully more than Galar got in Journeys as I actually liked most of Gen 9’s cast)

I also wonder if there’s a chance of the TRio popping back up again in some capacity as well (I believe someone on the staff hinted that Ash might make a cameo or two in the new series at least)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

My hunch is there will be a TR episode or small arc and the same for Ash. If it’s a small arc, the same arc for both. That’s what they tend to do for all the send offs.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
how do you power level in Sword/Shield in 2023? I got a Shiny Obstagoon in Go that Im raising.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

wizard2 posted:

how do you power level in Sword/Shield in 2023? I got a Shiny Obstagoon in Go that Im raising.

Farm Dynamax raids in the Wild Areas, the candy you get as a result can boost your Pokémon up pretty quick (especially if you have some Wishing Pieces on hand to immediately activate a new raid once you finish)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wizard2 posted:

do a bunch of Dynamax dens, collect candy, feed Pokémon that candy

alternately you can do the championship tournament with battles on switch style and keep swapping them in/out holding the Lucky Egg but that takes a lot more paying attention

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh poo poo that's a great shiny too. What did you name it?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

There’s a Bewear inside that suit!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

HopperUK posted:

Oh poo poo that's a great shiny too. What did you name it?

ultimately I went with Holy Diver bc I had to do something Glam/Rock/Metal related and Shiny Obstagoon seems demon-y enough to be from a Dio song or that weird Famicom game

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

wizard2 posted:

ultimately I went with Holy Diver bc I had to do something Glam/Rock/Metal related and Shiny Obstagoon seems demon-y enough to be from a Dio song or that weird Famicom game

*Extremely* high tier naming, thank you.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

*Extremely* high tier naming, thank you.

Named mine Jagger after Mick Jagger.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
uh, ok. so two things I learned just now:

1) you dont need help from pubs to just farm candy
2) solo raids have animation skip

😢

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Named mine Jagger after Mick Jagger.

If I ever get a shiny obstagoon it's going to be Jett if it's a girl and Freddie if it's a boy.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

wizard2 posted:

That's such a good fuckin name

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
shiny goon pride

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

HopperUK posted:

James is the only reason to still have Team Rocket around, best character on the show

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also in regards to the latest episode, hope you watched the Latias & Latios movie or it will mean very little to you

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm not gonna lie I just scroll through the list of episodes until I see one that mentions Team Rocket or has one of them in the thumbnail and then I watch that one.

I do like Ash and I still find Pikachu incredibly cute despite how overused he is but the Rockets, man. The Rockets. :3:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

They absolutely deserve a proper send off, and if they don't get it in the final episode it might be the worst pay off in the whole series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zuzie posted:

They absolutely deserve a proper send off, and if they don't get it in the final episode it might be the worst pay off in the whole series.

If they don’t, I can only hope they pop up later in the new series and get their sendoff there

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Episode 6 of aim to be a pokemon master is a pretty good "Pikachu and Meowth get split up from their groups and have to work together" episode.

Episode 7 is also really good. A Wailmer is stuck in a rock so the whole gang tries to help, eventually they need Team Rocket because their mecha magikarp thing is sure to have enough power to pull stuff. Team Rocket doesn't wanna tell them it's been manpowered this whole time.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 18, 2023

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Is it a feature or a bug that Decidueye can Swords Dance and then Brave Bird like 4 times in a row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Surprise trade gets this evening: Rowlet in a luxury ball, lovely. Fake shiny Hsuian zorua, thanks for the free ability patch. And a Dunsparce called 'Credit'. If I evolve that and it has three segments I'll be so happy.