Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god what is this from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

You can't have Sam, god

you already took Reddick have some loving compassion

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i say swears online posted:

oh my god what is this from

Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

that's not what i expected, i thought it was a CBS procedural that airs after 9pm

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/JimJarmuschHair/status/1636818774279213057

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

that's not what i expected, i thought it was a CBS procedural that airs after 9pm

The point of bedtime stories is to take that level of production but apply to plots like "a man is asked to castrate himself in order to apologize publicly for dumping a large quantity of semen on a Catholic hospital during a tornado"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Well?? Does he???

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This is tragic. He was one of my favorite actors and he elevated every single scene of anything.

DoombatINC posted:

wow this ones kinda fuckin me up

Yeah, celebrity deaths rarely affect me but this makes me feel awful.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he was so good at whatever he was in. serious stuff or insane poo poo like that Tim and Erik thing or the Roots thing on Eric Andre. golly this sucks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

he was so good at whatever he was in. serious stuff or insane poo poo like that Tim and Erik thing or the Roots thing on Eric Andre. golly this sucks.

not only that but he seemed to just genuinely love being in stuff, too
I swear sometimes it feels like he was in every show I was watching

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RIP one of the best modern character actors

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

the only thing i'll really ever remember from playing horizon zero dawn was hearing lance reddick mockingly deliver the line "daddy sure loves his little big man". mediocre game but the sheer contempuousness of his character made it kinda fun. straight up elevated everything he touched

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drat, 60 is way too young, rip to reddick

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a warning to all of you about getting Too Cool

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/pineappleheave/status/1636804464915906602

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
man that's a blow. He was one of the greats, anything he was in was instantly elevated. Great face and voice and a hell of a talent.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

HOLLYWOOD—Confirming that it was here now, sources reported Friday that the Shazam! sequel has occurred. “The second Shazam! movie has happened,” said sources, adding that the film has come out, it will be out for a little while, and then it will go away. “It exists. Some people will go see it in a theater and other people will not.” At press time, sources had completely forgotten that the movie had ever been made.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Second Impact

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

quote:

Variety reports that SXSW staff had initially approached the man after he fell asleep in the theatre with his legs propped up. As the audience member shouted, he reportedly threw an empty popcorn bucket into the air. Campbell interjected as the attendee left his seat in the balcony, to thunderous applause. “I don’t get it,” producer Robert Tapert reportedly added. “He waited all the way through the credits.”

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mantis42 posted:

fuckin amazing show that everyone itt should watch

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Watching Wag the Dog. Very C-SPAM movie imo, Dustin Hoffman is great in it, Robert De Niro has never looked this nerdy before

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hoffman got a Best Actor nom for it and it's a comedy. Impressive.

Tough year for that award though, Nicholson won for As Good As It Gets and Matt Damon was up for Good Will Hunting that year too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
remember in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back where the bad guy from Good Will Hunting goes "I guess you're not that good, Will Hunting"

I think about that line every single time Good Will Hunting comes up in my life

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://youtu.be/nnESedN4vSI

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

guess I misremember the line every time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

IT'S HUNTING SEASON

e: lol didn't even click the clip yet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

10/10

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I loved Lance Reddick in a lot of things but my favorite performance of his was this youtube short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-2C8Ec6co

It's uncomfortable to watch because I've had horrible managers in stupid jobs who were just like that. But I'm watching it tonight for the man

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

oh what the gently caress

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I loved Lance Reddick in a lot of things but my favorite performance of his was this youtube short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-2C8Ec6co

It's uncomfortable to watch because I've had horrible managers in stupid jobs who were just like that. But I'm watching it tonight for the man

It's a great demonstration of his work. I think a lot of actors would have blown it off as a stupid skit for some dumb YouTube channel. But Reddick gave 110% to every role he had.

RIP to a real one.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
finally got around to watching Banshees of Isherin. it was good, i'd still rate it second below In Bruges

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Xaris posted:

finally got around to watching Banshees of Isherin. it was good, i'd still rate it second below In Bruges

it was a beautiful, miserable film

got really upset at one moment but still loved it

i love what is says about the difference between niceness and empathy. and thats like one of a half dozen themes in the film

still gotta watch Aftersun

Durf has issued a correction as of 06:56 on Mar 18, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Durf posted:

it was a beautiful, miserable film

got really upset at one moment but still loved it

the jenny scene was sad, and the dim kid ending, but that's also typical mcdonagh thing. there's certainly a ton of symbolism with the irish civil war and posters of jesus behind collin farrel whenever he talks about being a nice guy.

but yeah i really liked it, miserable but also not.

they should just sucked each other off imo

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Xaris posted:

they should just sucked each other off imo

this year was a chaser to The Lighthouse ie Reasons Men Should Never Be Left Alone. at least Banshees had a woman pointing out they were no nothing idiots

i vaguely remember Bruges being sad but the animal stuff always hits me way harder. never watching Eo

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Durf posted:

never watching Eo

lol yeah as soon as a saw it was a sort of retelling of au hazard balthazar I decided I didn’t really need to experience those feelings again

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I really like Bong Joon-ho as a filmmaker. I evangelized the Host and Snowpiercer back before he was cool, I bought a copy of Parasite, even went to a movie theater during COVID because it was the only chance I was ever going to have to see Memories of a Murder on a big screen (and it was worth it).

But if you put a gun to my head and told me to watch Okja, I'd tell you to pull the loving trigger.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

1stGear posted:

I really like Bong Joon-ho as a filmmaker. I evangelized the Host and Snowpiercer back before he was cool, I bought a copy of Parasite, even went to a movie theater during COVID because it was the only chance I was ever going to have to see Memories of a Murder on a big screen (and it was worth it).

But if you put a gun to my head and told me to watch Okja, I'd tell you to pull the loving trigger.

okja is good though

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Fuligin posted:

okja is good though

I'm 100% confident that's it's great, but I can barely deal with mild cruelty to animals at this point. Watching Okja or Eo or similar movies would actually make me want to die.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Come and See but flyora is a labradoodle and the barn is full of golden retrievers who just want to play fetch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think about "obviously, I don't know what 'ensconced' is" like every 6-7 hours. that letter is such a perfect little bow on the movie, and the final scene is a hell of a capper. what a good movie

"If you stayed in your house, that would’ve made us quits.

But you didn’t, didja, so it doesn’t, does it?"