Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:siren:Get your picks in!:siren:

Remeber the card is early so it locks early

https://www.tapology.com/groups/998/events/110327

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Here's today's ONE Friday Fights with the title fight. It was a very good show, as usual.
https://bocot.substack.com/p/one-friday-fights-9-2022-03-17

The show is located here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i14UA7SeLyk
Fights highlighted in bold were ones that I found particularly entertaining.

Part 1

Nakrob (60-20) vs. Chen Jiayi (22-4) (MT 135) 12:50
Yoon Chang Min (6-2) vs. Kirill Gorobets (12-2) (MMA 159) 30:33
Tatsumitsu Wada (24-12-2) vs. Ernesto Montilla (10-4) (MMA 135) 58:34
Black Panther (76-16) vs. Tagir Khalilov (23-11) (MT 135) 1:12:53
Yodlekpet (85-33) vs. Saman Ashouri (19-3) (MT 140) 1:29:37
Seksan (194-74) vs. Silviu Vitez (45-8) (MT 140) 1:50:22

Part 2

Chaongoh (19-0) vs. Sulaiman (13-3) (MT 134) 2:19:21
Petjeeja (202-12) vs. Fani Peloumpi (MT 121) 2:40:01
Sam-A (372-48) vs. Ryan Sheehan (30-9) (MT 125) 3:00:32
Kulabdam (66-17) vs. Muangthai (202-43) (MT 145) 3:21:20
(C) Regian Eersel (59-4, 26 KO) vs. Sinsamut Klinmee (80-17-3) (MT 170 Title 5R) 3:42:24

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Jeff Molina ufc flyweight has come out as Bi on twitter

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

willie_dee posted:

Jeff Molina ufc flyweight has come out as Bi on twitter

Good for him, but unfortunate how it happened, which was not on his terms

(turns out someone leaked a video of him doing a sex on a man so he issued a statement)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

LobsterMobster posted:

Good for him, but unfortunate how it happened, which was not on his terms

(turns out someone leaked a video of him doing a sex on a man so he issued a statement)

that loving sucks people suck.

i'm sure mma fans will be supportive.

just remembered the brazilian national anthem had the line 'we cannot roll, if you are gay'

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

well this explains why historically great guy sean strickland has been posting 1993's best jokes about 'fellas is it gayer to suck off a guy or get sucked off by a guy' for the last 48 hours

It is horseshit that he had to come out this way and it also sucks that he has to do it in the middle of, y'know, the james krause betting scandal he's under investigation for.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Conor is human garbage but in a vacuum it's cool he got to do poo poo loads of roids and give USADA the finger. I wish all the fighters had that leverage.

mewse
May 2, 2006

So I'm reading Conor was saying he's ready to go on the MMA hour and then USADA posted this to fact check him, and then Conor went ballistic on twitter and started threatening usada?

I know Dana would love to give Conor the sweetheart Lesnar deal where he doesn't have to do 6mo of clean testing but that led to the Mark Hunt lawsuit and there has to be people at UFC/USADA who don't want to go through that all over again..

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

mewse posted:

Conor went ballistic on twitter and started threatening usada?

if he keeps this up they'll give him a job

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

mewse posted:

So I'm reading Conor was saying he's ready to go on the MMA hour and then USADA posted this to fact check him, and then Conor went ballistic on twitter and started threatening usada?

I know Dana would love to give Conor the sweetheart Lesnar deal where he doesn't have to do 6mo of clean testing but that led to the Mark Hunt lawsuit and there has to be people at UFC/USADA who don't want to go through that all over again..

Massive boot licker Michael Chandler isn't suing the UFC lol.

And also while I'm not a lawyer I think the new UFC contracts force disputes with the company into arbitration, so good luck with that. If only these dummies would unionize.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 17, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Massive boot licker Michael Chandler isn't suing the UFC lol.

And also while I'm not a lawyer I think the new UFC contracts force disputes with the company into arbitration, so good luck with that. If only these dummies would unionize.

No, you don't get it. You stay a company man making 5k a fight and in ten years in addition to brain damage Dana might gift you a belt buckle that says you're a fighter by day and a lover by night while he gives hundreds of thousands of dollars to some gen z youtuber as a birthday joke.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

One day any one of these fighters could be rewarded a dumb belt by The Rock. That's really what the sport is about.

Since I didn't notice it posted in the thread, I thought it was kind of interesting and slightly hosed that Colby was the backup fighter for the title fight tomorrow and when asked about it at the presser Leon and Kamaru apparently didn't know that at all.

I don't have any conspiratorial thoughts about it, it's just odd for neither participant to know who might be stepping in should something go awry.

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1636844708445184001?t=4B0Xy6scoALDbKqGVFDgsQ&s=19

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 17, 2023

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

Since I didn't notice it posted in the thread, I thought it was kind of interesting and slightly hosed that Colby was the backup fighter for the title fight tomorrow and when asked about it at the presser Leon and Kamaru apparently didn't know that at all.

I don't have any conspiratorial thoughts about it, it's just odd for neither participant to know who might be stepping in should something go awry.

Belal Muhammad has making it pretty publicly clear how bullshit it is that he a) wasn't even approached about being the title backup and b) had asked for a matchup with Colby at this specific show and was told no, only for it to turn out the UFC was trying to get Colby in the title picture again without even telling anyone.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CarlCX posted:

Belal Muhammad has making it pretty publicly clear how bullshit it is

Well I hope he gets a nice ONE contract out of this.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lol nice one Dana. Worth every cent of his salary.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hey now, the company couldn't survive if this guy got suspended or fired. Keep talking like that and you'll find yourself in Dana's next thin skinned documentary striking back at his haters.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Belal Muhammad has making it pretty publicly clear how bullshit it is that he a) wasn't even approached about being the title backup and b) had asked for a matchup with Colby at this specific show and was told no, only for it to turn out the UFC was trying to get Colby in the title picture again without even telling anyone.

Every time belal is mentioned I just want to say "who?" Because of his nickname.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Maybe he should try stirring racial hatred and sedition in the US and then maybe he'll get his shot

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Belal doing an Iron Sheik style heel turn would be pretty great, I agree

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BlindSite posted:

Every time belal is mentioned I just want to say "who?" Because of his nickname.

Belal Wozzname

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

:siren:Get your picks in!:siren:

Remeber the card is early so it locks early

https://www.tapology.com/groups/998/events/110327

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I guess the UFC set up their fight timing expecting something to fall through and nothing did, because the schedule suddenly has prelims starting at 9:30 instead of 10, which is about five minutes from now.

So: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027131

Back to the GDT we go.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Google was telling me 12:30 (est) for early prelims the whole time :shrug:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Man, when I wrote the drat thing ESPN's schedule said 10, so I blame ESPN.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/grabaka_hitman/status/1637118387414286338

even if the body was moving, boy those lights were off. Nazimov was so gone he wasn't even winning vs. the ref in the clinch

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

god drat. how much of that was the punch vs face planting against the canvas, I wonder? landed on his chin like a sack of bricks.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

beep by grandpa posted:

god drat. how much of that was the punch vs face planting against the canvas, I wonder? landed on his chin like a sack of bricks.

Both hits together got him that concussed, but I don’t think there was anything other than the brain being weird.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The Heferee!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

For one, that was a real weird card, for two, I think 3/15 is officially the worst I've ever done, for three, what the gently caress was that judging, and for four, it is shameless to the point of being funny again how loving hard the UFC tries to shove Colby down everyone's throat.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CarlCX posted:

it is shameless to the point of being funny again how loving hard the UFC tries to shove Colby down everyone's throat.
https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1637254964480290817?s=20

https://twitter.com/bullyb170/status/1637256488858132482?s=20

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:laffo:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

no loving way lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Colby's record since late 2019

Compared to:

Belal's

And even Gilbert's

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mekchu posted:

Colby's record since late 2019

Compared to:

Belal's

And even Gilbert's

Good lord lmao

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

well you see colby beat masvidal who beat nate diaz who rocked leon edwards after getting beat up for 23 minutes and 30 seconds

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Yo can I get accepted into the Tapology group? Same name as here.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

JFC Belal and Leon even have unfinished business to settle lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
send colby to white power slap and use a two-headed coin