Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

C-Euro posted:

Capcom's stuff is now on mega-discount for the rest of the month, if you didn't pick up anything from the last eight times it's gone on sale in the last year. Kind of wish that I liked Phoenix Wright more than I do...

Also, was that this thread or elsewhere that somebody said the Mega Man Legacy Collection was just OK?

I do remember some goon saying there were issues with it and that the virtual console versions of the individual games were better; I own the Legacy Collection but never played enough to say anything specific, other than 3D mode didnt display great, there was like a shining white line on the side of the screen that was distracting, but no issue with the 3D off, looked fine in 2D.

I hope some other bigger games go on sale; Shovel Knight is rare but most of the capcom stuff has been on regular sale in the past year or two still. Only thing I know I want to grab before it's gone is some Art Academy 3ds DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

C-Euro posted:

Capcom's stuff is now on mega-discount for the rest of the month, if you didn't pick up anything from the last eight times it's gone on sale in the last year. Kind of wish that I liked Phoenix Wright more than I do...

Also, was that this thread or elsewhere that somebody said the Mega Man Legacy Collection was just OK?

I've never played any Phoenix Wright but for $3 for the trilogy I'll give it a whirl.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

I've never played any Phoenix Wright but for $3 for the trilogy I'll give it a whirl.
You're in for a treat

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

C-Euro posted:

I'm not sure who said that, but it's a perfect fine if albeit not too accurate emulation of those games. Something that honestly you wouldn't really notice unless you are a speedrunner or just play those games a ton. Otherwise has good quality of life features.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bowmore posted:

You're in for a treat

Does that mean I should blind-buy the other 3 Ace Attorney games on the eshop for $3 apiece too, before they’re gone?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Xenomrph posted:

Does that mean I should blind-buy the other 3 Ace Attorney games on the eshop for $3 apiece too, before they’re gone?

Yes. Maybe.

Do you like visual novels? Because that is what they are, functionally. There is really poor gameplay, as well. It's like a cross between a super easy point and click adventure with a bad guessing game with a visual novel.

I just use walkthroughs for them at this point. The trials are that bad to get through.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The gameplay of Ace Attorney really isn't that difficult. But yes you should immediately buy all of them for the $20 or so they're collectively selling for.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I bought Spirit Of Justice last time Capcom did a sale and I don't know why I didn't think there would be so much talking, but there was and it got really tiresome about halfway through the first case. That said, for $3 I can see myself taking a flyer on the DS trilogy around 11:55 PM on March 26, and then immediately getting mad at myself for doing so.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 11, 2023

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I’m gonna buy so many 3D Japanese train simulators

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

Yes

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Xenomrph posted:

I sure hope so because I just did! If nothing else maybe I'll understand Ace Attorney memes some day?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yeah, some of these AA memes are definitely out of reach, I need a stepladder to get to them.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Another yes from me too, they're all great games. Though I think it's better to not play them back to back to back without any pause or you can get burned out. Even two installments in a row without any time off between them can be a lot.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm going to do my last minute 3DS purchases.

It's probably gonna be 100 euro to pick up Luigi's Mansion 1+2 (never played any!) and NES Remix. Kinda shocked that neither LM 1 or Remix got knocked down in price but there you go.

I wanted to get Yoshi's Wooly World. I ended REALLY disliking Kirby's Epic Yarn finding it ridiculously simplistic even for a Kirby and I wanted to know if Wooly World is pretty much that level of simple. I won't be 100%ing it or anything but if the level design is at least as good as New Yoshi's Island I'll manage with it fine. I still think I can get that one physically though without too much trouble, while the rest I'll pick up digitally.

---

I'm pretty sure I've got everything else I could want both in VC and otherwise. A lot of the games I was on the fence about ended up on Switch like the Etrian Odyssey or Monster Hunter.

I've still got to fix my 3DS 'a' button, but since I can play Theatrhythm without it I haven't bothered. I've got most of the Nintendo IP titles but if there's non-Nintendo stuff anyone wants to recommend I'm all ears.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I bought a sealed copy of Kirby simply to have it on my shelf. I tried the Wii one and just got nothing out of it except that it's very cute

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Kinda shocked that neither LM 1 or Remix got knocked down in price but there you go.[/url]
They're first-party Nintendo games so is it really that shocking? :v:

I wanted to get Yoshi's Wooly World. I ended REALLY disliking Kirby's Epic Yarn finding it ridiculously simplistic even for a Kirby and I wanted to know if Wooly World is pretty much that level of simple. I won't be 100%ing it or anything but if the level design is at least as good as New Yoshi's Island I'll manage with it fine. I still think I can get that one physically though without too much trouble, while the rest I'll pick up digitally.
Wooly World is great, the wool aesthetic is awesome, it's fun and I don't remember it being overly simplistic, and the amiibo interactions (and the two Wooly World amiibos themselves, made out of actual yarn) are fun.

Edit-- looks like I can't buy some of the Ace Attorney games from Nintendo.com? I try to buy Spirit of Justice and Apollo Justice and it says the page can't be found. It let me buy Dual Destinies just fine though.

Edit— nevermind, I just bought a $10 gift card from Amazon and bought them directly on the 3DS.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 11, 2023

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

I’m gonna buy so many 3D Japanese train simulators

Are these any good? For 100 yen I kind of feel “why not.” Which ones are the best/most scenic?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Only the US version of Epic Yarn is expensive it seems. I got the EU version and you can still apparently buy it new for normal retail prices.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Xenomrph posted:

Wooly World is great, the wool aesthetic is awesome, it's fun and I don't remember it being overly simplistic, and the amiibo interactions (and the two Wooly World amiibos themselves, made out of actual yarn) are fun.

Edit-- looks like I can't buy some of the Ace Attorney games from Nintendo.com? I try to buy Spirit of Justice and Apollo Justice and it says the page can't be found. It let me buy Dual Destinies just fine though.

Edit— nevermind, I just bought a $10 gift card from Amazon and bought them directly on the 3DS.

My most prized possession is my yarn Poochy Amiibo. I had to have it because it was adorable but I also knew it would be rare as hell given it was an end of life DS release. They go for like $100 on eBay. Not that I’d ever sell it, I’d rather my baby chew on it with love.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 12, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bum the Sad posted:

My most prized possession is my yarn Poochy Amiibo. I had to have it because it was adorable but I also knew it would be rare as hell given it was an end of life DS release. They go for like $100 on eBay. Not that I’d ever sell it, I’d rather my baby chew on it with love.

are you kidding me. i have one of those silly things. lmao

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Poochy ain’t cheap

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does the Dr Mario game hold up? It looks pretty alright.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does the Dr Mario game hold up? It looks pretty alright.
Maybe? I bough it years ago and played once. I keep coming back to NES Dr. Mario. That's peak Dr. Mario.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Maybe? I bough it years ago and played once. I keep coming back to NES Dr. Mario. That's peak Dr. Mario.

At ten euro can't go wrong I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bum the Sad posted:

Still got mine too! Poochie is a very cute friend that lives on my mantle.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My dog ate my Poochy :(

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I wanted to get Yoshi's Wooly World. I ended REALLY disliking Kirby's Epic Yarn finding it ridiculously simplistic even for a Kirby and I wanted to know if Wooly World is pretty much that level of simple. I won't be 100%ing it or anything
I found Wooly World to be much better than Epic Yarn and the best YI game since the original. But if you're not aiming to 100% the levels then you're almost playing a different game than me when I play Yoshi's Island, so get others' input, too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

hatty posted:

Did your dog absorb Poochie’s power in doing so?

Also with the 3DS store on the verge of collapse, is WarioWare Gold worth $40?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dirby posted:

I found Wooly World to be much better than Epic Yarn and the best YI game since the original. But if you're not aiming to 100% the levels then you're almost playing a different game than me when I play Yoshi's Island, so get others' input, too.

More specifically, start-to-finish in most level is easy. Going off the beaten path to get the collectables in any stage? Ooh the game will take off the kid-gloves for those parts.

And the special stages are just plain mean, cause if you took the time to unlock them you know what you're getting into.

Also the correct way to play Woolly World is to get all five yarn bundles in each level to unlock the next Yoshi skin, then swap to it for the next level to repeat. (Though Watermelon Yoshi is best Yoshi :colbert:)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Xenomrph posted:

Also with the 3DS store on the verge of collapse, is WarioWare Gold worth $40?

$40 is a little steep but I liked it a lot. It's kind of a greatest hits of OG WarioWare, Twisted, and Touched, so if you liked those titles then this is all of those in one game.

I'm simultaneously surprised and not surprised that Nintendo isn't bothering to put any first-party stuff on sale.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Buy Rhythm Heaven Megamix instead

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

hatty posted:

Poochy died on the way back to his home planet.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If I’ve never played a Monster Hunter game and know nothing about them, how happy would I be if I bought Monster Hunter 3, 4, and/or Generations for $3.00?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I don't even really like MH and I'd say I got more than $3 worth out of 3 and 4.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Xenomrph posted:

If I’ve never played a Monster Hunter game and know nothing about them, how happy would I be if I bought Monster Hunter 3, 4, and/or Generations for $3.00?

I've played all of those, 3U was my first MH game but I definitely got the most time out of 4U of those three.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I assume there are still demos for the Monster Hunter games on the eShop. Even for such a low sale price I would still recommend you try out a demo to see if you can handle the controls.

Because they're garbage. C'mon handheld MH fans, you know they are, you bunch of contortionists with Stockholm syndrome!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well, I've got 13 euro left. I couldn't add the money i wanted via my switch so I dropped 130 euro so I've naturally overspent my original estimate. I bought Dr Mario 3DS which seems nice, and it is. But somehow, I wish they had the old old music. But that's fine.

I also got Pocket Card Jockey. I think my wife may like it. She enjoys Spider Solitaire a ton. It didn't grab me the few times I tried the demo, but who knows. You all talk it up a ton.

Considering getting the DK Land games, never tried any even if I have the superior Country games and played.

Any suggestions for the last tenner on my account? May as well at this point.

Or I can check if there's some DLC I don't have in Theaterhythm I guess, but I'm fairly certain I bought all I wanted the one time I had a go at it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Pick up at least 4U at that price (Switch has GenU, the expanded version of Gen). Even if you end up hating it, the series is sufficiently different from basically everything that it's worth owning.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Xenomrph posted:

Generations is the only one of those where you can play as a cat, if that informs your decision.

(But like the guy above me said, GU is the better version of that game and is on Switch, if you have one. If you have one, get 4U.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Considering getting the DK Land games, never tried any even if I have the superior Country games and played.

Surely the donkey kong land games will come to the switch gameboy app some day