Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Borscht posted:

Spaz is a slur?

Yes referring to disabled people as spastic is a slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

GABA ghoul posted:

The President of Russia is an internationally wanted war criminal. Are you a bad enough dude to sneak into the Kremlin and bring him in?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

To be fair... posted:

https://www.givesendgo.com/

Don’t use go fund me for it.

source you are quotes

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

putin is a oval office posted:

They weren't referring to a disabled person, that was about Steven Seagal

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Borscht posted:

Spaz is a slur?

depends on the mods

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

I guess y'all get the c word and we get spaz. I'm ok with that.
E: I've never heard of a disabled person referred to as a spastic before.

Borscht fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 18, 2023

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Who the gently caress uses spaz to mean disabled?

Is this the next on the SA banned naughty words list that only an american orc would find offensive?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Borscht posted:

I guess y'all get the c word and we get spaz. I'm ok with that.
E: I've never heard of a disabled person referred to as a spastic before.

Yeah it means something else in commonwealth English I guess.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Tarquinn posted:

Putin's gonna poo poo (on) BRICS.

My honest suggestion to the little man

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1125839557352742913?t=HMu7Hc-tEiuwZIXmHOrtxA&s=19

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Yeah it means something else in commonwealth English I guess.

This is why posting should be only permitted in Esperanto

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Spaz means spastic and is offensive (in the UK, and i assume some other places) in much the same way retard is. Lizzo and Beyonce both took the word out of songs recently.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

This is why posting should be only permitted in Esperanto

Duolingo offers Esperanto and Klingon. Please forgive any derail.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

btw

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1636747636966404102?s=20

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Russia shouldn't have done what they did with Finland in this "territorial" war

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Russia had enough of loving with Finland in the last century but this is welcome news.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MrQwerty posted:

Russia shouldn't have done what they did with Finland in this "territorial" war

Uh, excuse me sir, you got it backwards

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/OzKaterji/status/1636790283861135360
Spare me the whataboutism. The current topic is concerning Russia's crimes of illegally invading a sovereign country, killing its people, and kidnapping its children. If you want to bleat about america and the evil west being bad, bleat about it somewhere else.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

zone posted:

Spare me the whataboutism. The current topic is concerning Russia's crimes of illegally invading a sovereign country, killing its people, and kidnapping its children. If you want to bleat about america and the evil west being bad, bleat about it somewhere else.
What about British colonialism that's worse.

In the following essay I will explain why the Opium Wars and also Hong Kong and what about the Raj.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1637071918414135298
I can't help but point out that this (talk of a successor being searched for to replace Putin) is probably just theater going around for others' benefit for the time being rather than anything that's immediately concrete. Unless the nomenklatura surrounding him openly turn against him I'd still be cautious of any talk about Putin being encouraged to leave, or getting kicked out of, his position of power. And that's a tall ask since Rosgvardiya as well as a chunk of the FSB/GRU both back him to the hilt, right or wrong.

zone fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 18, 2023

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1637049769951477763
I wonder if they're still upset that Turkey didn't permit the sale of uniforms and body armor to them, lol. Funny how anyone that doesn't lick their boots is "historical Russian territory" but OK, whatever lets you idiots sleep at night

I was actually wondering at one point that how come Russian propaganda hasn't tapped to the "We need a crusade to reclaim our holy lands in Constantinople" at all.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Please start parking NATO hardware in Finland.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Der Kyhe posted:

I was actually wondering at one point that how come Russian propaganda hasn't tapped to the "We need a crusade to reclaim our holy lands in Constantinople" at all.

It's not the first threat they've made against Turkey alone those lines, I think they already did it four or five times last year over various things like the grain deal, black sea access, the body armor affair, and that one time Erdogan snubbed Putler when he went there for some meeting.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
When Finland becomes a full member of NATO, the next item on our national security agenda is getting Sweden in as well. While keeping a low profile and not rocking the boat is burned deep into the foreign policy DNA of our state, this is a thing that has to happen. Hopefully full membership status gives us some levers to pull to advance Sweden's bid. Just like with the NATO ratification process of our country, I'm sure we'll just keep badgering everyone involved behind the scenes until they give up out of sheer exhaustion.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.indiewire.com/2023/03/steven-seagal-us-media-lies-putin-1234820295/

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Couldn't Finland just invade Sweden? Bada bing boing badonk a donk

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

Sweden has defense agreements with UK and US (I think?)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Karate Bastard posted:

Send a single guy with a sword over to stand outside the palace in Stockholm, officially make them Finnish territory (and thus a part of NATO), and then immediately separate them out as a new country with grandfathered NATO membership? I don't think Turkey would go for that, but don't let that keep you from trying. :)

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The eternal flame went out

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1637063703198674946

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

zone posted:

Thing is, I think everyone here would agree that raised in isolation, there are genuinely valid points to be made about previous Western war crimes (in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere) going unpunished and the perpetrators walking around with impunity.

But the fact they are raised here by people like this, with the sole intention of trying to excuse and justify Russian crimes renders them utterly irrelevant to this topic. These commentators aren't raising them because they are genuinely angered by the injustice, but solely because they think it can muddy the waters and be used to further their propaganda.

And as others have said, Putin will never actually be hauled before the ICC. So in practice he will go as unpunished as Bush, or some Navy Seal that shot up a bunch of surrendering Iraqis/Afghan civilians, etc.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Moi moi you is NATO now, no niin, perkele ja koskenkorva.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

That took some balls and childish recklessness. I hope he gets away.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tigey posted:

Thing is, I think everyone here would agree that raised in isolation, there are genuinely valid points to be made about previous Western war crimes (in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere) going unpunished and the perpetrators walking around with impunity.

But the fact they are raised here by people like this, with the sole intention of trying to excuse and justify Russian crimes renders them utterly irrelevant to this topic. These commentators aren't raising them because they are genuinely angered by the injustice, but solely because they think it can muddy the waters and be used to further their propaganda.

And as others have said, Putin will never actually be hauled before the ICC. So in practice he will go as unpunished as Bush, or some Navy Seal that shot up a bunch of surrendering Iraqis/Afghan civilians, etc.

That's pretty much the same opinion I hold, yes. All they're interested in is attempts to muddy the waters. It isn't like most people who think Russia invading Ukraine is bad also don't acknowledge the many war crimes and other crimes the Western world's done. At least I haven't personally seen anyone supporting Ukraine who haven't acknowledged this before.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:laugh: get rekt

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lmao nice

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Karate Bastard posted:

*strokes beard*

It'd be very hard to pull off. Sweden has a real navy, Finnish naval efforts are mostly directed towards providing a credible defense of the Turku archipelago (largest archipelago in the world btw) . We have no capability of an amphibious assault across the Gulf of Bothnia, so it'd have to be a ground assault from the north, trying to blitzkrieg through hundreds and hundreds kilometers of countryside before reaching anything that really matters. FDF isn't geared up for that kind of offensive maneuver, we'd falter much like Russia's army is faltering right now.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Swedes be like trevligt mycket trevligt NATO medlem ja ja

und bork

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

the anglo saxons cant keep getting away with this!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

StoryTime posted:

*strokes beard*

It'd be very hard to pull off. Sweden has a real navy, Finnish naval efforts are mostly directed towards providing a credible defense of the Turku archipelago (largest archipelago in the world btw) . We have no capability of an amphibious assault across the Gulf of Bothnia, so it'd have to be a ground assault from the north, trying to blitzkrieg through hundreds and hundreds kilometers of countryside before reaching anything that really matters. FDF isn't geared up for that kind of offensive maneuver, we'd falter much like Russia's army is faltering right now.

otoh it's just a bunch of Swedes

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

the anglo saxons cant keep getting away with this!

I have evidence that this footage is doctored and a bunch of celts was responsible, but you didn't hear it from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1637049769951477763
I wonder if they're still upset that Turkey didn't permit the sale of uniforms and body armor to them, lol. Funny how anyone that doesn't lick their boots is "historical Russian territory" but OK, whatever lets you idiots sleep at night

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1637028332989566976

Translated. It's really unhinged. I hope erdogan sees this lol