Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Starting a RimWorld dune run. Tuned up the heat turned off the water have a band of cave dwelling collective cannibals that raid for meat/water. This is going to kick my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

playing yakuza inshin and it fuckin rules

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

playing yakuza inshin and it fuckin rules

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWcx8AiV2CM

New Scott Manley just dropped

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I was really looking forward to grabbing this, but hearing how poorly optimized it is right now, I think I'm gonna wait a bit.

Still really optimistic it ends up being great in the end though.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The original KSP took how many years before "release"? Can't say I'm surprised the sequel would be janky at the start.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The Kraken was a thing for so long in the old KSP that it got named.

KSP2 is in early access after all. Optimizations will come as development progresses.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

I was really looking forward to grabbing this, but hearing how poorly optimized it is right now, I think I'm gonna wait a bit.

Still really optimistic it ends up being great in the end though.

KSP has always been this way, its gonna take time to optimize but well worth it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CommieGIR posted:

KSP has always been this way, its gonna take time to optimize but well worth it.

Oh yeah, I know how poorly optimized the first one was at launch. I think I bought it like a year after it hit early access and it still had teething issues. Still, I was hopeful it was gonna have more polish but I guess the jokes on me.

I'll probably still buy it within a month anyways.

Also Company of Heroes 3 is out today, might snag that this weekend. Need to beat Metroid Prime first.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

anyone grab the new fire emblem? i liked three houses a ton so i was hoping for more of that

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it's such a basic game concept, but I've been having fun playing Bloons Tower Defense 6 lately. Got it for free @ Epic Game Store at end of last year on PC. it's just surprising how well tower defense games have evolved over the past 15 years. they have a lot of different game modes in it, including various coop and challenge modes, and the game is perfect for short, easily interrupted gameplay sessions

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Picked up Planet Crafter with the new update. I’m legit excited to get into this.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/553540/Phantom_Brigade/

This has sucked me in pretty hard. If you like mechs and you like tactical turn planning this is the game for you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tiny Timbs posted:

Picked up Planet Crafter with the new update. I’m legit excited to get into this.

I'll have to look again, what is the latest update? It was fun for a playthrough and then ended up with "Uhh, yeah, fish are the next step or something but you can't ever actually complete that goal because we aren't there yet."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The fish update came out yesterday. The dev said future updates past this point shouldn’t affect saves, so it seemed like a good time to jump in.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

CainFortea posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/553540/Phantom_Brigade/

This has sucked me in pretty hard. If you like mechs and you like tactical turn planning this is the game for you.

Can confirm Phantom brigade is a good time. I normally don't like mechas, but the mechanics are super fun (yes, I've miss times some actions and had some not so friendly fire occur). Only around $30 so there's that too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tiny Timbs posted:

The fish update came out yesterday. The dev said future updates past this point shouldn’t affect saves, so it seemed like a good time to jump in.

Neat I'll look in to it again. Single biggest complaint I had was at a few points the easiest way to a terraforming goal was "leave the game on overnight and try again later".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The latest update might probably be a great time to jump in for folks that have never picked up the game so far, but if you played through the last update, I'm not sure this update will make for a widely different new gaming experience, especially since it doesn't seem like there are any big mechanical or lore updates?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Anyone here play Deep Rock Galactic? Been itching to get into a co-op shooter lately and noticed it's on steam for :10bux: at the moment.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

no but everything i’ve read has been super positive

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
It I'd extremely fun, surprisingly chill, and best with a pint of beer. highly recommended

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Anyone here play Deep Rock Galactic? Been itching to get into a co-op shooter lately and noticed it's on steam for :10bux: at the moment.

Yes, it's one of my favorite games to have come out over the last ten years. It's stupidly fun. More so with friends, and surprisingly, still a lot of fun with randoms.

The really nice part is, the gameplay does not incentivize or reward selfish dickhead gameplay. All of the minerals you mine? It's shared among the entire party. Gold? Same. Cosmetic loot or things like like weapon mods (called cores in the game) are also given/shared among everyone. So you don't end up with people snatching things from you, etc. Playing with randoms is great as a result, because no one is incentivized to act like an rear end in a top hat, and even if you're new, you still get the same XP and rewards as everyone else while you figure poo poo out. And I've encountered maybe 1-2 assholes in the 120+ hours I've poured into the Steam version (I played it a bunch on XBox and PS5 too). Oh and the best part is, the game has a pretty intuitive communication system where your characters will call out poo poo automatically, or if you ping certain objects, the game will give a contextualized audio que that's easy to pick up on.

Well worth ten dollars, buy it and don't look back.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yes, it's one of my favorite games to have come out over the last ten years. It's stupidly fun. More so with friends, and surprisingly, still a lot of fun with randoms.

The really nice part is, the gameplay does not incentivize or reward selfish dickhead gameplay. All of the minerals you mine? It's shared among the entire party. Gold? Same. Cosmetic loot or things like like weapon mods (called cores in the game) are also given/shared among everyone. So you don't end up with people snatching things from you, etc. Playing with randoms is great as a result, because no one is incentivized to act like an rear end in a top hat, and even if you're new, you still get the same XP and rewards as everyone else while you figure poo poo out. And I've encountered maybe 1-2 assholes in the 120+ hours I've poured into the Steam version (I played it a bunch on XBox and PS5 too). Oh and the best part is, the game has a pretty intuitive communication system where your characters will call out poo poo automatically, or if you ping certain objects, the game will give a contextualized audio que that's easy to pick up on.

I still think this was the very best thing Mass Effect 3 did with its multiplayer. The score was exactly that - score. It meant precisely gently caress all because the experience gained per game was equivalent to the total score of all the players. That way it was actually in your best interest to keep reviving players since you got medals for it, instead of trying to boost your own exp at their expense.

Give me ME3 again please there has never been any horde mode as good

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

ROCK AND STONE, BROTHER!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I still think this was the very best thing Mass Effect 3 did with its multiplayer. The score was exactly that - score. It meant precisely gently caress all because the experience gained per game was equivalent to the total score of all the players. That way it was actually in your best interest to keep reviving players since you got medals for it, instead of trying to boost your own exp at their expense.

Give me ME3 again please there has never been any horde mode as good

I'm still disappointed that EA said that if the ME remaster sold well enough, they might bring back ME3's MP mode. Welp, we know how that turned out.

I should probably finish my remaster ME3 run too at some point...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

ROCK AND STONE, BROTHER!

I'm still disappointed that EA said that if the ME remaster sold well enough, they might bring back ME3's MP mode. Welp, we know how that turned out.

I should probably finish my remaster ME3 run too at some point...

More than happy to play ME3mp with you anytime my dude. It continues to be as excellent as it was.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

Just completed the tutorial, this looks dope. Rolling an engineer to start with, that's what I usually went with in Team Fortress 2.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Just completed the tutorial, this looks dope. Rolling an engineer to start with, that's what I usually went with in Team Fortress 2.

Awesome :) Engineer was the first class I promoted. Lotta fun. Gunner and Scout are also a ton of fun. Driller was an acquired taste but can be a lot of fun depending on your playstyle.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

More than happy to play ME3mp with you anytime my dude. It continues to be as excellent as it was.

Oh man I didn't even realize they kept the servers up for it. Is it still up on Xbox?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

As far as I know it should be? I've been playing on pc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Humble Games have got a really great pack up at the moment including Gotham Knights, Mount and Blade Warband, and a few others. It's like 60 games and all the profits go to support Turkey.

Having just bought this pack, I have a few keys I don't need, so ping me if you want any of the following

XCOM 2
911 Operator
112 Operator
Farming Simulator 17
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Enhanced Plus Edition
Zombie Driver HD
Monaco
Lighthouse Keeper

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Stalker 2 devs got hacked: (figured this thread might be more appropriate than the dedicated Ukraine thread)

https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1634939872317411329

Just a heads up if you are trying to stay spoiler free. Get out of here "Russian social network."

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What if WW2 Online would be remade in Unreal 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFLCXbyuxw

That's what these nerds claim. Might have to dive into it again if it ever happens.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
THAT would be interesting.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If the gameplay is anything like squad and pubg :lol: poo poo will have so much jank.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

What if WW2 Online would be remade in Unreal 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFLCXbyuxw

That's what these nerds claim. Might have to dive into it again if it ever happens.

found some patch notes

quote:

Now the good news: Grenades are in! Our commitment to bringing you the actual battlefield experience has resulted in the most realistic depiction of maintaining and throwing a grenade ever attempted. Here's how it works:

-Press shift-7 to inspect the grenade for obvious defects.
-Press shift-8 to inspect the grenade for less obvious defects.
-If a defect is found, you will be alerted. Press shift-E to "Enter" the grenade alert screen so that grenade alerts may be read. Alternate between pressing shift-7 and ctrl-8 relatively quickly to correct the obvious defects, faster for less obvious defects.
-If fixing the defect is not possible, you will be alerted to return to the nearest Resource Center where you must turn in the grenade at the flag station by pressing alt-M.
-Press ctrl-L to ensure that the fuze is not unscrewed from the body of the grenade.
-Press ctrl-L again to visually inspect the safety pin
-If the pin appears partially removed, press cltr-l a third time to carefully push it back in place. Note: Any time you monkey with the pin, make sure you're also pressing shift-A to hold the lever securely down.
-Press shift-L to visually inspect the grenade for dirt.
-If the grenade appears dirty or grimy, press M to engage your damp cloth (this replaces the 'map' key), Press shift-M several times to wipe the grenade.
-In order to simulate a structural peculiarity that surfaced when grenades of this era were wiped too vigorously, you probably want to once again visually inspect the pin by pressing ctrl-L.
-In order to further simulate battlefield conditions, pressing alt-R will erroneously connect the grenade to your clothing by the pull ring. We do not expect this option to be utilized much; it's simply there for historical accuracy.
-Soldiers of the era on both sides had a recognized fascination with attempting to modify their grenades using tape or wire - always against the strong reccommendations of the manufacturer. The alt-P/shift-P sequence simulates this preoccupation. After using the 'equpiment modification temptation' option, there is a good possibility that the grenade will explode in your hand. Though there is a chance that it will not.
-Okay, soldier, you're ready to throw the grenade! Right after you press shift-V to open your ammunition pouch and then, using a combination of the shift key and the hat control on your joystick, rotate the grenade so that the pull ring is pointing down.
-Press J once for each of the following actions: a) Remove safety clip b) Pull pin c) Throw
-Find cover immediately! Do not wait for the grenade to land!
-The Grenade is a two-man crewed armament. While you look for cover, the 'spotter' should be positioned at a distance where he can safely watch the grenade land so that between the two of you, someone can probably see what happens.
-Though he cannot carry any grenades himself, the 'spotter' has his own damp cloth which he can use to help wipe off your grenade.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:lmao:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

found some patch notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY8yXkpXuf4

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I once had a friend who owed me some money, but instead of actually paying me the money back he decided to surprise gift me his copy of Steel Battalion, complete with that ridiculous gigantic controller. Me, an idiot, sympathized with his plight and decided to accept this novelty video game as a valid substitute to actual money.

I think I played it once or twice before I threw it in the back of a storage closet and never touched it again.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I once had a friend who owed me some money, but instead of actually paying me the money back he decided to surprise gift me his copy of Steel Battalion, complete with that ridiculous gigantic controller. Me, an idiot, sympathized with his plight and decided to accept this novelty video game as a valid substitute to actual money.

I think I played it once or twice before I threw it in the back of a storage closet and never touched it again.

How much money? That controller is exceptionally cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

One of the neat things about it is if you get blown up in battle and don't hit the "Eject" button (top right button under a shield) on the controller during the destruction animation then your pilot dies and your save file is deleted.