Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
If he can beat a murder rap he can beat a double team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s not even that hateful, being that bad on the road is kind of impressive

That's the thing, I realize nobody's gonna believe me but I'm sincerely just baffled. I wasn't hating so much as I don't understand it. Do I hate it? No. gently caress the Dubs.

But what the gently caress

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's the thing, I realize nobody's gonna believe me but I'm sincerely just baffled. I wasn't hating so much as I don't understand it. Do I hate it? No. gently caress the Dubs.

But what the gently caress

As a dubs fan, I think it comes down to three point variance. Dubs hit the bullshit threes at home and not on the road, and vis-versa for the other teams.
Like against the hawks at home, Klay hit shots to send it to overtime, while they can't hit anything outside yesterday and John Collins can't miss.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

snyprmag posted:

As a dubs fan, I think it comes down to three point variance. Dubs hit the bullshit threes at home and not on the road, and vis-versa for the other teams.
Like against the hawks at home, Klay hit shots to send it to overtime, while they can't hit anything outside yesterday and John Collins can't miss.

They dont seem to defend worth a poo poo on the road either. It truly is bizarre.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Dexo posted:

Technically draft related but this is comical enough I'm posting it here

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1637120729677217792

I have a lot of bad 'kids these days' opinions because I'm elderly and cranky, but this idiot should have been kicked off the team at the very least, and now he's going to be a lottery pick. So gross.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The great ones tell the DA, "Not today."

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

nikosoft posted:

I have a lot of bad 'kids these days' opinions because I'm elderly and cranky, but this idiot should have been kicked off the team at the very least, and now he's going to be a lottery pick. So gross.

There’s a lot of evidence showing he probably didn’t intend to give a gun to a murderering

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

nikosoft posted:

Pat Bev willing the Bulls to the post season while the Lakers crash out is a great storyline, this needs to happen

Problem is the Lakers were even farther away from the post season when they had Beverly and he's at least a contributor to why they were in that state, so I'm not sure that storyline has legs.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

xbilkis posted:

lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there was a game that just ended

knicks own

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1637172621216481280

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The warriors play at the fastest pace in the league and their 3 most important players are 33, 33 and 35. They were counting pretty hard on Jordan Poole being a very good player and it turns out he is somewhere between “ok” and “kinda bad”.

I don’t think it’s really rocket science why the teams not very good this year. Last year, when they were a good team, their pace was 13th in the league. Turns out when your best players are old as poo poo, they don’t have the legs to win games on the road when you play fast. Shocking.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

They were counting pretty hard on Jordan Poole being a very good player and it turns out he is somewhere between “ok” and “kinda bad”.

https://twitter.com/nbadaves/status/1637104228043718658

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

The warriors play at the fastest pace in the league and their 3 most important players are 33, 33 and 35. They were counting pretty hard on Jordan Poole being a very good player and it turns out he is somewhere between “ok” and “kinda bad”.

I don’t think it’s really rocket science why the teams not very good this year. Last year, when they were a good team, their pace was 13th in the league. Turns out when your best players are old as poo poo, they don’t have the legs to win games on the road when you play fast. Shocking.

I forget who made the point first here in the thread but somebody pointed out that his entire blossoming as a semi star player last year was because refs wouldn’t call travels that he needed to get a separation to get his shot off. Now that they call travels on him he’s just not a good player.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

jordan poole is just lou williams

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This is Sweet Lou slander.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

de curry GOAT posted:

jordan poole is just lou williams

Jordan poole's WS/48 this year are .046, the only time Lou williams was near that or lower were his age 19, 34, and 35 seasons.

If Jordan Poole was Lou Williams there wouldnt really be an issue.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Bones Higherland

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Problem is the Lakers were even farther away from the post season when they had Beverly and he's at least a contributor to why they were in that state, so I'm not sure that storyline has legs.

Yeah Bev was awful on the Lakers.

I mean, he's not very good on the Bulls but the Bulls are playing Coby White heavy minutes so

snyprmag posted:

Also the Warriors are old.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jordan Poole is Sasha Vujacic with consistent playing time.

Lockback posted:

Yeah Bev was awful on the Lakers.

I mean, he's not very good on the Bulls but the Bulls are playing Coby White heavy minutes so

Also the Warriors are old.

Basically it would be Pat Bev finishing the job he started.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

xbilkis posted:

I would not want to play the Knicks first round. They will take you down with them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

EoinCannon posted:

6'7" here, it's fine but options are pretty limited for shoes and clothes, long tshirts becoming fashionable was handy
It was worth it for being able to dunk (until I blew up both my achilles)

would

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Dexo posted:

Elite Levels of "got that dog in him."

Draft him over Wemby imo.

what if ray lewis... but hooper?

*giant crowd of guys who spend 90% of their waking hours wishing they were at a WeWork hoot and holler*

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Justise Winslow Had Ankle Surgery, Likely Out For Season
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/03/justise-winslow-had-ankle-surgery-likely-out-for-season.html

NieR Occomata posted:

gently caress MJ as an nba team owner...

What’s even more damning than being bad is being inconsistently good, because it means that on a fundamental, structural level the hornets organization - the one led by Michael Jordan himself and is the one element he has complete control over...

Also, a few years ago a germ study was done at every NBA arena and Charlotte's was the dirtiest in the whole league IIRC. For most intents and purposes they were boiling hot dogs in used toilets. :barf:

GSW had the cleanest food prep/arena.

Fast Luck posted:

Is this really just Mike Brown doing good work and De'Aaron Fox playing to his potential? Huerter was a nice pickup from the team management side, as was Monk.

Sabonis is #2 in WS in the whole league. Domantas is the new Arvydas. From age 31-35 Arvydas had five straight seasons with a .2+ WS/48. That's not easy to do.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Warriors are now 7-28 on the road.

They still have three more games in a row on the road.

I think they now have THE worst road record in the league, no qualifiers

Spurs/Rockets are both slightly worse.

anakha posted:

I had to reread those posts to confirm it wasn't another monkeu rereg lol

monkeu's prophecy foretelling the Warriors 2023 title is looking extremely tenuous ATM. If they win it all it'll deserve at least 10-15 reregs. Maybe if Curry can average efficient 60+ point games in the short-term.

LBJ is now #2 in NBA minutes played (behind KAJ) and #4 in games played (about to pass Stockton). Maybe he's reached the proverbial wall.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Zogo posted:

Sabonis is #2 in WS in the whole league. Domantas is the new Arvydas. From age 31-35 Arvydas had five straight seasons with a .2+ WS/48. That's not easy to do.

Zogo you got any formulas that would tell us how Arvydas' advanced stats would've looked if he would've played 22-31?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Rick posted:

I'm getting the feeling that you're doubting the storyline, so I'll remind you that the season isn't over yet! Pat Bev 2023 NBA champion can still be willed into existence.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

Elite Levels of "got that dog in him."

Draft him over Wemby imo.

This makes me think of a guy in Texas after being confronted with the fact that Rick Perry pulled every string to execute Cameron Todd Willingham when he was definitely innocent remarking "It takes balls to execute an innocent man."

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
reporting is really wonky but Brandon Miller boxed that poor woman in with his jeep, the bullets hit his windshield too

theres no possible way he didn’t see the victim, pure demon who’s only free right now because it was in alabama

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Uhh that runs contrary to everything I've seen and read about this case. Link?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...is?platform=amp

from the espn report

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

His lawyer gave a contrary report and imho if he'd been on video blocking in a murder victim so they couldn't escape he'd be charged with felony murder by now

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/.amp/bamacentral/after-new-details-media-owes-brandon-miller-alabama-basketball-an-apology-blackwell

SI is running this narrative carrying water for the lawyer because the source is a twitter link to the lawyers statement. nastiest article I’ve ever seen in sports journalism, and is wrong too

https://www.al.com/news/2023/01/jamea-jonae-harris-was-shot-because-she-didnt-want-to-talk-mother-says.html?outputType=amp

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

His lawyer gave a contrary report and imho if he'd been on video blocking in a murder victim so they couldn't escape he'd be charged with felony murder by now

The AL police have publicly stated they do not have anything to charge him with, and he's fully cooperating.

Anything else is a media narrative.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

that si article is hot garbage and obviously the lawyer's account is going to be biased but i don't think the two sources you cited point to miller blocking in harris

it sounds like he drove up and allowed his friend to take a gun out of his car (and boy is that loving stupid and morally objectionable) but didn't assist in any other way (at least not in any way that's been verified)

also brandon miller drove a charger, not the jeep

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

pentyne posted:

The AL police have publicly stated they do not have anything to charge him with, and he's fully cooperating.

Anything else is a media narrative.

miles himself was charged last week, they could just be waiting for the tourney assuming the local police and team aren’t trying to block everything they can too

Declan MacManus posted:

also brandon miller drove a charger, not the jeep

yeah I got the cars wrong before looking at articles. Bringing the gun and handing it off in his car should be enough to end his basketball career at the very least

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Maryland is about to play Bama so if they have anything to charge him with they should do it soon imo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

skipmyseashells posted:

yeah I got the cars wrong before looking at articles. Bringing the gun and handing it off in his car should be enough to end his basketball career at the very least

why tho

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

gently caress the arriors (they’re on the road)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1637276327836278786

PLAYIN BAYBEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Warriors down 109-128 with 4 minutes left :sickos: