Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RBA Starblade posted:

Finally into the meat of Kestrel Lancers now and boy Fahad might be on to something with these crazy "isn't every single thing we just did war crimes" ideas of his

Oh well back to firing the srms into the side of a skyscraper, like the last thirty missions

Look, this enormous unprovoked invasion of naked conquest on a double digit number of planets against an enormously weaker neighbor isn't going to fight itself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do enjoy the addition of the warcrime tax in recent BTA versions, because you really are just tempting me to fire off a davy crockett in the middle of a city.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kanos posted:

Look, this enormous unprovoked invasion of naked conquest on a double digit number of planets against an enormously weaker neighbor isn't going to fight itself!

We are heroically surviving against countless attempts to stop us from violently subjugating their entire culture as a wedding gift between two dipshit aristocrats

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They shot a medium pulse laser off one of my Orions that was aimed at a civilian power plant so really, I'm the victim here

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
What the hell is the point of a hero variant Raven that doesn't have ECM?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Right?! I was so dissatisfied with Huginn.

Are hero mech spawns in career mode RoR broken or something? I went from a fresh start through the end of the RoR campaign without seeing one in stores. I only have about half of them.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

We are heroically surviving against countless attempts to stop us from violently subjugating their entire culture as a wedding gift between two dipshit aristocrats

You can always trust those perfidious Capellans to fight back dirty. . .

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I love how every time I have enough salvage to claim the Atlas I killed, the Atlas is not on the salvage list.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The best thing about YAML isn't the mechlab it's that it adds incremental salvage like HBS Battletech for super-hosed-up mechs so you can actually just move on with your life. It's not even broken! You spend extra to build a mech that comes already fairly damaged and have to spend extra to repair it

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

And also you get only a fraction of the items, similar to HBS battletech.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

OwlFancier posted:

I do enjoy the addition of the warcrime tax in recent BTA versions, because you really are just tempting me to fire off a davy crockett in the middle of a city.

I was mildly amused at buildings collapsing from missed shots before, but now I deliberately go artillery-heavy on urban missions for fun because warcrimes make me feel naughty

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It at least doesn't count buildings the enemy blows up, which is nice. Also doesn't mind me turning half the city into a minefield.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

tactlessbastard posted:

What the hell is the point of a hero variant Raven that doesn't have ECM?

in MWO, when it was first released, it was this crazy-high DPS knife fighter who fired millions of SRMs and MG bullets into assault butts

but in a game where DPS isn't a thing it's probably less appealing lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

o hell yeah i sniped an omni blackjack that was loaded with clan weapons including a gauss and an lplas

(BTA)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The most annoying thing is scrapping an enemy mech that you want to recover in pieces, but because you meet either of the salvage point thresholds, you can only salvage it as a whole

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Chainclaw posted:

Did a recent Roguetech update do something weird with weapon jamming? I'm having Medium lasers jam, and I'm having weapons I didn't fire jam now.

Salean posted:

They changed the jinxed trait so that it effects all weapons, not just those with jam chances. They're going to change it so that it only increases the chance to jam on weapons that already have a jam chance at some point.

It's fixed now.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man
Stuck a light mass driver on a Hollander II with a Breaching Shot FCS. 150 damage and watching Dekker fall on his rear end firing it never gets old.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

toasterwarrior posted:

The most annoying thing is scrapping an enemy mech that you want to recover in pieces, but because you meet either of the salvage point thresholds, you can only salvage it as a whole

The worst thing is salvaging three different thirds of a Naga in three separate engagements,but never the lighter Clan Arrow IV system.

Then building a new Naga out of the pieces and realizing you can't strip those systems off, because yes it's an OmniMech but those are integral

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So I'm trying to decide if I should pick up more DLCs for MW5, mainly I'm looking at more procedural content in the campaign (mechs, new maps, new mission varieties). I have Heroes of the Inner Sphere already are there other DLCs that add variety to the campaign I should pick up? The mini-linear campaigns are fine but not my primary interest.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Rise of Rasalhague adds rival mercenaries and the bounty hunter system, which I think is worth it.

Cta has some new mechs and missions but then so does kestrel lancers.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Private Speech posted:

Rise of Rasalhague adds rival mercenaries and the bounty hunter system, which I think is worth it.

Cta has some new mechs and missions but then so does kestrel lancers.

Rasalhague brings the Crusader, Kestrel Lancers brings melee and the Hatchetman. If you like those things, then you probably want those dlcs.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Popete posted:

So I'm trying to decide if I should pick up more DLCs for MW5, mainly I'm looking at more procedural content in the campaign (mechs, new maps, new mission varieties). I have Heroes of the Inner Sphere already are there other DLCs that add variety to the campaign I should pick up? The mini-linear campaigns are fine but not my primary interest.

Get kestrel lancers. Non negotiable as far as I am concerned. It adds something approximating an endgame goal that is sorely needed.

Cta is mostly flavor, if you want melee weapons go for it, the missions it adds are pretty bleh.

Rise of rasalhague is another long mission chain that takes place post kestrel lancers, but is in my opinion easier and less polished. It's still quite good, but it doesn't have the same gameplay impact lancers does.

Of the three you're missing I believe only rasalhague adds a new mission type that wasn't part of a free patch you already have, and it isn't great. All three packs add mechs and mech variants though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kesper North posted:

Rasalhague brings the Crusader, Kestrel Lancers brings melee and the Hatchetman. If you like those things, then you probably want those dlcs.

Kestrel Lancers does not bring melee. Call to Arms does.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Are the new mission biomes in each DLC used in the procedural missions or just the linear campaign missions?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Both

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol i put 3 plasma rifles on my omni blackjack, this is pretty silly along with my firestarter

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Out of no where Ryanna said Half the Inner Sphere is after you :cheersbird:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Mw4 version of the hellhound is being made canon as the Hellcat, so that's neat

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So I guess this is now the de facto MW5 thread?

In that case, here is where I must ask: is putting together a silly little additional portrait pack meant to work alongside Pilot Overhaul as much of a complete pain in the rear end as it looks? Do I seriously have to install a 150 gigabyte full modification client just to throw together and pack up a few UI elements?

BTech could also be a bit of a pain in the rear end about this, but holy loving loly that's a whole new level of hosed if true. There are games upwards of two decades old that handle this with more grace.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
:pgi: is an emoticon for a reason.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

PoptartsNinja posted:

:pgi: is an emoticon for a reason.

For the love of god, Bullock

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I will never call a Madcat by its other, inferior name.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Funny enough I had people doing effectively the opposite at the last game night. I was running a Mad Cat mk2 and people kept referring to it as a Timber Wolf.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

For all that I got introduced to BattleTech via MechWarrior 2 and its expansions, I have basically swapped over to using all the Inner Sphere reporting names and don't use the Clan names. But a lot of this is because, man, gently caress the Clans.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I use whichever is cooler or use them interchangeably. I will flop constantly between Mad Cat and Timber Wolf, but I'll always use Grendel instead of Mongrel and Huntsman instead of Nobori-nin.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
I've been playing BXE a bit and last night I played one of the custom flashpoints in it called "The Raid" where you use your black market access to gently caress with a bunch of Pirates for some cool lostech toys. It was a really tough series of essentially consecutive missions and I ended up siding with the pirates at the end since it sounded like an easier final mission and with a really nice guaranteed reward. My question is for anyone who has done the other path of finishing off the pirates, what is the reward? Is it comparable to a full Atlas II? I'm playing on Ironman so I can't go reload or I'd check for myself.

Second question, is there a way to advance time faster than just manually passing it? I set my game start at 3039 so I would have time to build up and then go fight the clans but I am basically good to go now but the clans still don't show up for another 8 years.

Final question, the mod mentions in the loading tips that you can rarely get Comstar as an Opfor on missions with their SLDF tech up for salvage, how do I get these? Do they show up in the contract board like other missions? I ask because the tip seems to imply that they can randomly show up as special reinforcements on a standard mission rather than than being the initial opfor. I have been hanging out on Comstar worlds but haven't seen either.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's a Vulture because I played too much MW4

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i've been fighting a lot of comstar and wobbies but i'm playing bta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I just assembled a full c3 lance and it is glorious. my spotters are a Royal Griffon and a Thor. ain't no one catching them. I love civil war tech

anyone who uses the other name is a clanner and gently caress'em