Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i miss living in sf but on the upside there's dirt to ride around here that won't land me in court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
On that note I live in Denver and cannot be the only person who is starting to feel like it’s lawless enough out there to start taking cutty empty lot routes and what not through the city. Real trails are over an hour away and some of the urban construction / blight terrain looks legit fun.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
You guys ever seen this stuff on television? Super Cross I think is the name. It should be called Super Crucifix for how much they thank Jesus ha ha. Wish there was a thread to talk about it in.

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004
Any interest in a pulp fantasy league?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It already exists, vtnewb, deeters, myself, builds character, all "participate" in it annually but I don't remember the login info

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Any suggestions for tool roll contents for dual sport riding? Most of it will be in a decent group so no biggie if I don't have everything, but finally fitted my tool tube today so I figure I better start packing.

So far I anticipate needing:
tyre levers
tubes
co2 canisters? other suggestions if not.
chain break tool?
selection of ring spanners
adjustable spanner
2-3 different size screwdrivers
allen keys

and of course, insurance/recovery to come when I well and truly gently caress up.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

there's bicycle pumps like the lezyne floor drive that are in between the pocket pump size and the full size that stow in a backpack nicely. could be useful for one person in the group to carry; seat the bead with the co2 and bring it up to pressure with the pump.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Redvenom posted:

Any suggestions for tool roll contents for dual sport riding? Most of it will be in a decent group so no biggie if I don't have everything, but finally fitted my tool tube today so I figure I better start packing.

So far I anticipate needing:
tyre levers
tubes
co2 canisters? other suggestions if not.
chain break tool?
selection of ring spanners
adjustable spanner
2-3 different size screwdrivers
allen keys

and of course, insurance/recovery to come when I well and truly gently caress up.

Here's my suggested list:

tools to take apart your bike. This is usually a 6-8-10-12-13 socket set. Be wary of any weird fastener sizes or places that need an open end wrench instead of a socket.

spark plug socket

spare plug

a little bit of wire

replacement fuses

multitool

small vise grips

first aid kit

zip ties

spare front tube

duct tape

silicon tape

socket to take off your front and rear wheels

two extra master links

quick set jb weld

tire irons that you actually know how to use

some kind of inflator. really depends on how minimal you want to go but a pump that hooks up to the bike can be awfully small.

tire plugs also that you know how to use and make sure the goop stuff that comes with them isn't all dried out

trail stand

small jump pack

All that said, just look at what Lyndon Poskitt carries because dude has ridden a lot more miles than I have. He's also a much better mechanic than I am too so...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgVnY5kw5zg

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

The supermotocross track looks really good and fast but it's just first qualifying so hard to say

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Tomac's wife dropping sick lines in a segment... "it's our maybe last A1"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Tonight's supermotocross is a triple crown for the rain delayed Anaheim II

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Super early cross it seems tonight

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I turned on the peacock app at 705pm est and the 250 heat 1 gate was literally dropping, didn't even see a Miami 30 second girl trot off

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Wow congrats to the 450 winner (no spoilers) for an amazing job and really putting in the work

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

P wild Sexton crash in the main race with 5.5 mins left lol

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I have been super lazy about watching this year. Sexton needs to get his act together before Lawrence moves up and takes Honda's focus from him. Also had to laugh at Eli almost eating it on the last lap

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

P wild Sexton crash in the main race with 5.5 mins left lol

For like the fourteenth race in a row.

On the other hand, at least Webb didn't win again.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

For like the fourteenth race in a row.

On the other hand, at least Webb didn't win again.

Worth noting that Webb did NOT thank the Lord Jesus Christ tonight

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Daytona tonight, theoretically tomac webb and sexton can be tied for first place and get the red plate which would be the funniest ending

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Holy gently caress that 450 finish I love it

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

E: Related, any advice from the thread on hitch racks? I've got a canopy on my truck and need a way to get my bike out there.

They are kind of dog to use alone. My 125cc I put on a hitch rack easy. My versys 300 is way too big. I got it on there alone once. That bike is like around 360 lbs. A small dirtbike is ok. Bigger enduros like a crf450rl I wouldn't recommend though it will work.

Bike trailer is the best option. Uhaul rents for 16 bucks.

I have a ford escape which is also more limiting than a truck due to the risk of handlebars going through the rear window and class ii hitch tounge weight limits.

SSH IT ZOMBIE fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 12, 2023

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
All of my friends and I use hitch racks to haul our bikes around. It’s a mix of KTM 300, 350, and 450s and we all seem to have no problems with it.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I have no problems with my hitch rack and Wr250f but I've got a 4th gen 4 runner and class 3 hitch, and a wr is pretty small/light.

Even that small of a bike does cause my front end to lift a little though. It floats a little on the highway. It's incredible what 300lbs over your year axle will do to change your handling. I don't recommend going 90 on a bumpy highway or anything but I've never had issues. I loctited all the nuts and check them every time I use the hitch rack.

Also, a hitch tightener is crucial. It makes it infinitely more stable and secure. Stops the wobble. I've seen some hitches that are really loose, others pretty snug but the tightener makes everything very secure.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I have a harbor freight one I used to haul my xr100 sumo biek to the track on my Honda pilot but I would never have put a bigger biek on it. Builds character has or had one iirc that was rugged and robust and idk what the name of it was but it was like twice the cost of the HF one and seemed worth every dollar

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

I have a harbor freight one I used to haul my xr100 sumo biek to the track on my Honda pilot but I would never have put a bigger biek on it. Builds character has or had one iirc that was rugged and robust and idk what the name of it was but it was like twice the cost of the HF one and seemed worth every dollar

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rrr-amc-400

Be sure to get the anti wobble thing too. Like this. https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-50023-Tightener-Stabilizer-Hitches/dp/B07JDD8L3H/ref=asc_df_B07JDD8L3H/

Also, holy poo poo that 450 race. I’m so behind on sx every week but that was great.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know who was crying more, me or ken

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

I don't know who was crying more, me or ken

Yeah, great to see him win and pretty incredibly he just managed to keep in front the entire time.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Roczen, with a good start, will win tonight..

Cooper Webb is going to crash into Tomac and both of their bikes are going to explode and they will retire forever.

You heard it here first

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'll accept it if Barcia explodes too

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

500excf type r posted:

Roczen, with a good start, will win tonight..

Cooper Webb is going to crash into Tomac and both of their bikes are going to explode and they will retire forever.

You heard it here first

:hai:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Jesus lol this 250 heat 1 violence is hilarious

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Deeters posted:

I'll accept it if Barcia explodes too

Barcia is one of the most likeable charismatic riders out there, just a goofy long haired bum

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Geoff Fox, Physics PhD, founder Fox Racing

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I tried going riding in the upper Nestucca OHV area today. It looked great, such a nice day. Within 1 mile of the staging area i saw the first mini snow patches in the ditch. This escalated to 1ft snow on the road with just ruts. Just turned around at that point and went home :(

Someone else posted this in a local FB group:

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 19, 2023

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I've never felt this bad for a man with a mustache before

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

I tried going riding in the upper Nestucca OHV area today. It looked great, such a nice day. Within 1 mile of the staging area i saw the first mini snow patches in the ditch. This escalated to 1ft snow on the road with just ruts. Just turned around at that point and went home :(

Someone else posted this in a local FB group:

I mean no poo poo, you went to an overhead valve area with an overhead cam bike

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Off-Highway Vehicle

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Slavvy posted:

I mean no poo poo, you went to an overhead valve area with an overhead cam bike

Lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Cole seely is racing 450s tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Also 41 people registered for 450s so only one person will fail to qualify for the night show lol