Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
sometimes its fun to just jump into a thread and respond as you live read it regardless of how old the posts you are responding to are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

paul_soccer10 posted:

also 97% chance this is all related to that chinese "handjob" parlour next to maralago

ikr

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

sometimes its fun to just jump into a thread and respond as you live read it regardless of how old the posts you are responding to are

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1636896431276474369

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
Hello Elon this is your bodyguard speaking. I am advising you today to please keep posting this poo poo

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Why is Elon musk not being prosecuted for the 469 documented crimes his father committed?

I am very smart

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
lol at prosecuting someone for.. what? Crack possession? Paraphernlia?

Based off an undated video on the internet with no specific location indicative of jurisdiction.

Elon Musk eats fuckin dirt.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

A Bakers Cousin posted:

:hmmyes:

animist
Aug 28, 2018

A Bakers Cousin posted:

i miss a few days of doomsday econ and then accidentally do this about every week

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

A Bakers Cousin posted:

yeah so have y’all heard of this dude Jolly West? Seems like he was involved with Charles Manson AND the JFK assassination. I’m sure it’s a coincidence, tho.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

:colbert:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

This is the best thread for blind-posting from the past.

It's an ouroboros roller coaster of sick freaks doing gross poo poo non-stop.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
enough about your mother tho

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m_medium=social

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Grognan posted:

enough about your mother tho

Can we please respect mothers who probably weren't CIA assets?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Victor Vermis posted:

Can we please respect mothers who probably weren't CIA assets?

in this house, we are all assets to the cia

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Never have I ever murdered an elephant with LSD

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Private Cumshoe posted:

Never have I ever murdered an elephant with LSD

*drinks angrily*

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I wasn't big into ASMR stuff,

But after a couple of "fruitless" sessions, my medium told me our paths had "fully diverged" and that I should "stick to youtube then!"

So I'm going to share the findings of my decentralized organically-sourced Individual Study with all of you now.

Click play, close your eyes, and contemplate the magician's descent into the bowels of the behemoth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVCSeloZGEk

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

sucks to your ASMR

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the Turkish barber ones are legit tbh

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

ASMR is fake, it's just videos people jack off to

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1636781649781473282?t=qO0a2myp3DkmboW56FfhWA&s=19

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

fr0id posted:

yeah so have y’all heard of this dude Jolly West? Seems like he was involved with Charles Manson AND the JFK assassination. I’m sure it’s a coincidence, tho.

don't forget the OKC bombing (probably)!

i finished aberration the other day, holy hell what a piece of scholarship. i got the bad version unfortunately, before i even knew there were two versions, but aside from being kinda stilted in places the meat of the thing was so good it hardly matters. that last episode of the programmed to chill interview was some poo poo, how does a publisher gently caress up that comprehensively

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

borgnar posted:

i got the bad version unfortunately, before i even knew there were two versions, but aside from being kinda stilted in places the meat of the thing was so good it hardly matters. that last episode of the programmed to chill interview was some poo poo, how does a publisher gently caress up that comprehensively

you fell into 'the cauldron of hate!'

op, the publisher is run by the scion of intelligence

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

is the ball family an op?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the two on the outside they are but the others are not

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

Real hurthling! posted:

what a strange fuckin thing to change! the whole thing is extremely weird! that thread is also very interesting, i don't know if trineday is An Op as opposed to just a really poorly run small company, but i also am not sure how much practical difference it makes

in any case i hope dr painting can get her second book done quick, and i hope she finds a less hosed publisher for it

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

so you see, thats where the trouble began

that smile, that damned smile.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1637187927884087296

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

is the ball family an op?

a Ball has been involved in one international incident so far

quote:

By Victor Mather
Nov. 15, 2017
阅读简体中文版閱讀繁體中文版
The three U.C.L.A. men’s basketball players who were entangled in an international incident in China that compelled President Trump to get involved admitted on Wednesday that they had shoplifted in Hangzhou. They were suspended from the team indefinitely.

“They will have to earn their way back,” Coach Steve Alford said of LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill.

The players, who returned to the United States on Tuesday after President Trump interceded with President Xi Jinping of China, apologized for their actions at a news conference.

Ball, the highest-profile player involved, said: “I’d like to start off by saying sorry for stealing from the stores in China. I’m a young man, but it’s not an excuse for making a really stupid decision.”

The team said the players had stolen from three stores, not just one as originally reported.

Earlier Wednesday, President Trump tweeted about his intervention, saying: “Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!”

The players did thank Trump, among many others.

“To President Trump and the United States government, thank you for taking time to intervene on our behalf,” Riley said.

The players also thanked the Chinese police for treating them with respect.

“These are good young men who exercised an inexcusable lapse of judgment,” Alford said.

No questions were taken after the news conference.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/sports/ucla-liangelo-ball-suspended.html
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/932303108146892801?s=20

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

my dad is a big reagan guy, he really doesn't like talking about iran contra so this will be fun to bring up next time we shoot the poo poo. makes me think of that parenti lecture where he talks about how preposterous the idea is that he didn't know what his people were doing

what a scumbag he was, plus we have the people he brought in to thank for all the continuity of government poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yes but are they an op

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

still so good

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

lol

Victor Vermis has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Mar 20, 2023

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Weird the story doesn't mention that David Rockefeller's personal papers also mention that he was working to sabotage the deal

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

borgnar posted:

my dad is a big reagan guy, he really doesn't like talking about iran contra so this will be fun to bring up next time we shoot the poo poo. makes me think of that parenti lecture where he talks about how preposterous the idea is that he didn't know what his people were doing

what a scumbag he was, plus we have the people he brought in to thank for all the continuity of government poo poo

Reagan was a disaster. But we have Nixon to thank for all of it; Reagan didn't bring people in, he brought them back. Or, rather, they carried his idiot-rear end in front of them as a media-friendly totem.

The people that orchestrated the sabotage of the Iranian hostage negotiations were either took their pointers from or were the actual same people that orchestrated the sabotage of the Paris peace talks with the NVA at the behest - though no hard evidence is known to exist that proves he knew in advance and/or greenlit it - of Nixon. Johnson had them dead-to-rights from (naturally) spying on both the South and the North Vietnamese delegations.

I'm honestly confused about why NYT is treating this as some sort of new reveal though. I had thought it was well-established from the declassified Iran-Contra materials and other evidence.

tl;dr Reagan bad, final scene of music video for Killer Mike's Reagan has it right though.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, I thought it was well established that talks were delayed specifically to hurt Carter. I remember reading a while back that the Iranians loving hated Carter way more than other Americans, maybe it's the part about the Americans being in on it idk.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Oh gently caress lol
Sounds like a ripoff of The Man from C.A.M.P..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

captainbananas posted:

Reagan was a disaster. But we have Nixon to thank for all of it; Reagan didn't bring people in, he brought them back. Or, rather, they carried his idiot-rear end in front of them as a media-friendly totem.

The people that orchestrated the sabotage of the Iranian hostage negotiations were either took their pointers from or were the actual same people that orchestrated the sabotage of the Paris peace talks with the NVA at the behest - though no hard evidence is known to exist that proves he knew in advance and/or greenlit it - of Nixon. Johnson had them dead-to-rights from (naturally) spying on both the South and the North Vietnamese delegations.

I'm honestly confused about why NYT is treating this as some sort of new reveal though. I had thought it was well-established from the declassified Iran-Contra materials and other evidence.

tl;dr Reagan bad, final scene of music video for Killer Mike's Reagan has it right though.

it's kinda funny, like three hours after i posted that i got to the chapter in road to 9/11 (completely excellent book so far) that gets into rumsfeld and cheney taking advantage of the chaos in the ford admin to get the advantage over kissinger and the rest of the rockefeller people. it's pretty remarkable seeing it all laid out exhaustively sourced that exactly the guys who would become the neocons had been working on their poo poo for basically thirty years before they did 9/11, and now they're on the vanguard of making sure ukraine stays an eternal meatgrinder. it's really true that the worst people in the world run everything