Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Getting dunked on by Keith Olbermann is just shameful. Good lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Congrats on 8 billion loser minutes personally spent on Twitter Elon. Here's to 8 billion more.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Compared to Elon musk we are all super geniuses! Let that sink in

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Congrats! Now do TikTok

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Every Tesla now automatically connects it's users to Twitter to get the metric up.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

he does customer relations, human relations and also advertising. what a good ceo

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

The Saddest Rhino posted:

human relations

I don't know that knocking up egg donors counts as a "human relation"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

he does customer relations, human relations and also advertising. what a good ceo

the richest person in the world must also be the most personable, and smartest. Why else would he have the most money?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
What the hell is 8 billion user minutes

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the richest person in the world must also be the most personable, and smartest. Why else would he have the most money?

No man in history has ever pulled on his bootstraps with more vigor & ferocity & can-do-itedness.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

$44 billion :elon::elon:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
5.5 million bots users multiplied by the number of minutes in a day. I wonder if that also includes the JavaScript trackers that live inside every Tweet This! embed button and embedded tweets.

When a forum page with a bunch of embeds sits idle while you're off doing whatever, you probably count as 40 user minutes per minute

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

way more than this site gets

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Translation:
One of the poor schmucks who still work at Twitter managed to find a number related to Twitter that somehow trends upward, unlike all those numbers for things like profits and such. And since number go up = good, Elon decided to share this exciting news with us. You can practically tell that this is just a random number someone found on some computer that no one cared about before since most humans probably begin thinking in hours rather than minutes a bit before they get to 8 billion of them.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

way more than this site gets

One minute of poo poo-posting on SA is worth more than a lifetime spent loving around on Twitter

Oh this is a good opportunity to remember you idiots to disable your twitter accounts if you haven't already

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

QuarkJets posted:

One minute of poo poo-posting on SA is worth more than a lifetime spent loving around on Twitter

Oh this is a good opportunity to remember you idiots to disable your twitter accounts if you haven't already

I'm not allowed to use mine because I changed my name to Elon Musk

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
8 billion user minutes huh? That's what, if twitter has 200 million active users, about an hour per day per user?

Like in a vacuum I can see that as wow! but like if you think about how bot users in play in and how some people may leave a tab open skewing the numbers, its such a pointless metric.

Like saying the average person has 1.8 arms.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Fifty bucks, same as in town.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
7.9 billion of those minutes are just Elon alone

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

...! posted:

7.9 billion of those minutes are just Elon alone

Just refreshing Grimes' twitter the whole time

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The user minutes figure is useless without comparison

I remember working retail once and our head honcho put up this big sign (litteraly 8-10 Meyers wide) "300 million lost to shrinkage"

Like ok

Is that a big number? How much profit did the store make? Is that for the chain or this store? It's just "wow big number"

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Jestery posted:

I remember working retail once and our head honcho put up this big sign (litteraly 8-10 Meyers wide) "300 million lost to shrinkage"

Like ok

Is that a big number? How much profit did the store make? Is that for the chain or this store? It's just "wow big number"

Just a metric for how many men overreacted to swimming in cold water

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm not allowed to use mine because I changed my name to Elon Musk

That's like a djinn curse, you're going to keep getting pudgier and pastier until your skin is reflecting so much sun that it blinds passerbys and then you'll start stalking Grimes

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Jestery posted:

Like ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

"It's one louder."

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

TotalLossBrain posted:

What a loving moron

Evergreen post right here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1637331821439463425

Someone should probably do a welfare check on Elon.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Completed. Still alive, still pug ugly

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Please succumb to it, Musk.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bar9insoXJo

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I literally had dreams about this Punching Eli in the face was immensely satisfying. Unfortunately to do the same in real life I have to work my way through seven barrel chested security guards. Got to go level up in the swamps before I can do that. Kill a bunch of man eating flowers and poo poo.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

From the Schad thread

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1637401642323660800

I kind of get it when he replies to and amplifies weird shitheads with a sizable presence like Ian Miles Cheong or Caturd or whoever, I even get it when he replies to randos who are licking his boots....but like, were you purposely looking for people who are as mad about LED lights as this guy? Why?

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Mar 19, 2023

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I literally had dreams about this Punching Eli in the face was immensely satisfying. Unfortunately to do the same in real life I have to work my way through seven barrel chested security guards. Got to go level up in the swamps before I can do that. Kill a bunch of man eating flowers and poo poo.

They'd let you through if you asked nicely

Imagine guarding that whiny nerd all day while he tries to show you memes, knowing he does not remember your name

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I kind of get it when he replies to and amplifies weird shitheads with a sizable presence like Ian Miles Cheong or Caturd or whoever, but then he'll just reply to obscure randos out of nowhere and like.....how did you even find them?

Also, if you're not looking at the bulb, there are LEDs that produce the same color temperatures as incandescents... You could not tell the difference with a lampshade on.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

King Carnivore posted:

Also, if you're not looking at the bulb, there are LEDs that produce the same color temperatures as incandescents... You could not tell the difference with a lampshade on.

But they're not HEALTHY! LEDs aggravate my Havana Syndrome, but incandescents do wonders for my Morgellons.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He’s been suckin back those blue dabs. :shuckyes:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Gag me with a spoon!!!

Seriously though i didn't click through at first but good god seeing that nerd flirting :barf:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Elon musk in his tinny science headphones jammin to Eiffel 69 “I’m blue dabba dabba doo, yabba dabba dabba doo doo” :shrek:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Can i just say i feel really bad for all the people that work on Twitter that can't stand Elon Musk. Like imagine that guy is technically paying your bills. And he could buy any company he wants it seems. You could be next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I kind of get it when he replies to and amplifies weird shitheads with a sizable presence like Ian Miles Cheong or Caturd or whoever, I even get it when he replies to randos who are licking his boots....but like, were you purposely looking for people who are as mad about LED lights as this guy? Why?

Holy poo poo are they seriously trying to do 2010 era culture war poo poo over light bulbs? That's been done in the EU back then and we're fine somehow.

Also if Biden mandated heat pumps, they'd be whining about their natural-heat oil/gas heaters and how it raises costs for the poor chuds.