Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Sockser posted:

It does give me a bit of concern that we're nearing the endgame of Steeplechase, and I don't like that one bit.
I want another year of silly heists with these lads in this world.

I think it's way more likely Justin is just getting a bit bored and antsy with that gimmick and wants to end it now before it outstays its welcome, rather than the whole arc is nearing its end.

Yes I know he hasn't done this with that one MBMBAM segment but as a general rule in TAZ he's good at moving on from things at a decent clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The best Q episode is the one where Ben Sisko punches him and he immediately gets the message.

I understand where you're coming from. But that episode actually sucks dogshit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah actually they will posted:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

yeah actually they will posted:

The best Q episode sucking dogshit says a lot about Q's place in Star Trek

I say this as someone that likes Q and Q episodes

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yes. It's a typical Q episode.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every single Q episode in TNG, including the ones from the first season, are better than that episode of DS9

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
ok i admit i'm kind of curious

https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1636175207210840069?s=20

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
All MaxFun podcasts are now hosted exclusively by Travis McElroy.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

They're launching podcast NFTs

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Maybe they're getting the Michelle Obama podcast. Isn't that a thing on Spotify?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

they're getting bought by Amazon. that's my guess.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Those would be great! It's that they're becoming a worker-owned co-op though.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Tambreet posted:

It's that they're becoming a worker-owned co-op though.
you have broken the sacred bond of the members-only email message and will be cursed for a thousand years

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Is that not what "artist owned" already meant?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

El Jeffe posted:

Not all of the workers for the network are the podcasters themselves.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I think it’s getting acquired but cool like by PBS or some poo poo so it’s still listener supported just with a wider audience or clout.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

El Jeffe posted:

I always took "artist owned" to mean that the Podcasters all retained ownership to their IP, unlike some networks where if the hosts leave a show they can just be replaced

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Travis is getting his sexpert degree

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Colonel Whitey posted:

We can't take his word for it

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Colonel Whitey posted:

damnit Travis way to ruin the show......

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

DoctorWhat posted:

I attend fighting game tournaments in New York City. Shortly before lockdown, Nick Robinson made an appearance at my local tournament in order to cheer on a friend (a member of Anamanaguchi). I informed the tournament organizers about his history of predatory behavior and he was removed, and he was very angry and talking about how it was all bullshit.

This is an extremely fuckin weird thing to do.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

This is an extremely fuckin weird thing to do.

Not as weird as traveling the forums to make whiny bait posts

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Jeffe posted:

Basically it meant that podcast hosts would retain full ownership of their podcasts even if they decided to leave Max Fun. Which sounds silly when put that way but there are a lot of podcast production companies where that's not the case. For instance, when Dr. Gameshow left Earwolf and moved to Max Fun, they couldn't bring their episodes hosted on Earwolf with them and thus those eps were trapped behind the Earwolf paywall.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

El Jeffe posted:

A worker owned cooperative is a specific legally defined type of organization, just like a 501c3 or an S-corp or an LLC or something.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/jessethorn/status/1637833881037725698?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Pretty cool tbh.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Yeah that's legit pretty rad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Are they like winco grocery stores now

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Srice posted:

Basically it meant that podcast hosts would retain full ownership of their podcasts even if they decided to leave Max Fun. Which sounds silly when put that way but there are a lot of podcast production companies where that's not the case. For instance, when Dr. Gameshow left Earwolf and moved to Max Fun, they couldn't bring their episodes hosted on Earwolf with them and thus those eps were trapped behind the Earwolf paywall.

lol Dr Gameshow existed somewhere other than MaxFun? And was successful?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Not successful, no.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Not as weird as traveling the forums to make whiny bait posts

Tedious rear end posting. Go away.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Deleted

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Lol wtf. It was them announcing they were a worker owned cooperative now.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Here's the next tweet in the thread. Not sure why Jesse deleted the first one

https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1637834092422258689?t=L5HVQrKCwgXz8x4ORDOQyg&s=19

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol Dr Gameshow existed somewhere other than MaxFun? And was successful?

It was a radio show on WNYU iirc

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Party Boat posted:

https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1637834092422258689?t=L5HVQrKCwgXz8x4ORDOQyg&s=19

That’s actually super sick

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

do people not know what nick robinson did or do they just not care anymore? i think him getting his rear end tossed out of a tournament owns, actually.

Party Boat posted:

heard the news, wonder what the deals are for podcast folks, since they aren't really involved in the ownership/running of maxfun and are largely just clients.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Pladdicus posted:

do people not know what nick robinson did or do they just not care anymore? i think him getting his rear end tossed out of a tournament owns, actually.

heard the news, wonder what the deals are for podcast folks, since they aren't really involved in the ownership/running of maxfun and are largely just clients.

Both. A lot of people just know Nick as a "YouTuber" not "disgraced polygon employee fired for sexual harassment"

Others simply do not care

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

So what exactly does this actually mean for Maximum Fun employees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Ariong posted:

So what exactly does this actually mean for Maximum Fun employees?

In the video I saw they basically said they'd elect board members and the board members make the decisions of the company. Greater profit sharing opportunities.

It's actually unclear to me if this means anything for the actual podcasters. The video seemed like it was Jesse's office staff. Still, good on them.