Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

might as well just get out ahead of next weekend's crisis and nationalize everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Vince mcmhon is trying to sell wwe for 9 billion dollars, or nine times the price of a trillion dollar global bank

that’s why he came out of retirement. if they can arrange betting on matches i think they will get it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

okay maybe this weekend's emergency bank bailout that narrowly avoids a global depression actually is more interesting than last week's emergency bank bailout that narrowly avoided a global depression

it's easy to envision SVB getting stretched thin and making GBS threads the bed. it happening to credit suisse is way more crazy and interesting

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Bond traders betting that the CS nationalization proposal is meant to menacingly encourage a merger with UBS

https://twitter.com/BloombergAsia/status/1637468791314567168

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

webcams for christ posted:

Bond traders betting that the CS nationalization proposal is meant to menacingly encourage a merger with UBS

https://twitter.com/BloombergAsia/status/1637468791314567168

yeah that's pretty obvious

though let's call it a fire-sale buyout, not a merger

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so confronted with the problem of dealing with a bank to big to fail their solution is to make an even bigger bank?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

euphronius posted:

so confronted with the problem of dealing with a bank to big to fail their solution is to make an even bigger bank?

at some point it will get too big to fail!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

euphronius posted:

never fails

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

euphronius posted:

Building the whole plane out of the black box

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

wynott dunn posted:

what part of the anime is this again

what does the ancient prophecy say

At this point in the anime the entire first arc revolved around JPow taking down the Crisis with his ultimate special move which gave the land 2 years of prosperity. The Crisis has unexpectedly returned, proving resilient to the ultimate move but was temporarily defeated.

However we are just now finding out "The Crisis" is just a series of seemingly infinite hench-crises. Not only are these guys not a big deal in the crisis world but there are thousands of them. We thought we had defeated evil entirely and we have simply strained the economy beyond it's limits against the crisis equivalent of a cockroach.

The ancient prophecy hasn't been much help as it's mostly about "The One Who Refuses To Die" and with our government that isn't actually that specific.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 16:14 on Mar 19, 2023

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Egg Moron posted:

:qq:A bloo bloo bloo:qq: I don’t want to have 8 roommates and live a garbage life :qq:a bloo bloo blooo:qq:

thread title

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hold on -- two? :siren:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
this is getting out of hand

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

they weren't named either; i think these are in addition to credit suisse

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

Buy the dip

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like every “crisis” some shareholders lose money, but the overall effect is wealth is further concentrated in bigger and bigger firms and the regulatory framework because even less credible

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i dont have mnoneey

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Egg Moron posted:

:qq:A bloo bloo bloo:qq: I don’t want to have 8 roommates and live a garbage life :qq:a bloo bloo blooo:qq:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Cuttlefush posted:

eurozone: hold my vin

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

euphronius posted:

Eventually everything that ever was and ever will be is just “Bank”.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SKULL.GIF posted:

Contagion

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It's gotta be Deutsche Bank right

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

NO CONFIDENCE

https://twitter.com/SullyCNBC/status/1637466110877478912

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol biden gave powell a green light to do whatever he wanted

maybe hire someone under 70 years old

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Rectal Death Adept posted:

okay maybe this weekend's emergency bank bailout that narrowly avoids a global depression actually is more interesting than last week's emergency bank bailout that narrowly avoided a global depression

:munch:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

oh my god, two?! Which two tho? Thats awful ECB should do something! Which two though theres so many of them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

net work error posted:

It's gotta be Deutsche Bank right

That would be one I would guess

Lmao if they cut Jay loose. If I was Jay and knowing this I would raise rates by 1000bps and nuke everyone.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hearing both retired persons in my household talk about how they earn ("earn") more now as retired persons than they did when working. on the one hand, great. on the other, lol lmao,.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hearing both retired persons in my household talk about how they earn ("earn") more now as retired persons than they did when working. on the one hand, great. on the other, lol lmao,.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1637476523983663104?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:holymoley:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Never trust anyone that wears a bow tie

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmfao

:holymoley:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

c'mon snake lady use that venom for good for once

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

SourKraut posted:

Never trust anyone that wears a bow tie

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

euphronius posted:

lol biden gave powell a green light to do whatever he wanted

maybe hire someone under 70 years old

It makes sense to me that all of those in power set interest rates for bonds that mature when they will be long dead

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

is the first paragraph a typical example of Kelton's writing?

https://twitter.com/StephanieKelton/status/1637446238697058311

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Powell Shock would be lit.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
History ending has been very convenient. never have to learn anything new or find new solutions, ever again,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ah, the stupidity is escalating.

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/1637480697093926914