Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Clean Your Teeth posted:

Here's one that stuck with me - once upon a time someone (likely banned user Leovinus) bought themselves an alt named "Mr. Boone" and decided to pretend to be an alien, making a thread in GBS titled "I am an alien, and I would like to talk to you about it."

I don't know the lore, but this absolutely was Leovinus.

Others might know the name from their FF8 LP, which was top tier comedy in the LP forum at the time (like 2005). Looking back at it, it sure was a lot of f-slurs. Leovinus themselves realised that it was actually awful and hurtful, and scoured the LP from the internet. They had a go at redoing it which didn't work out.

I think several of the narrative GBS threads aside from Mr Boone were also Leovinus.

Leo and I were pals, they have in recent years deleted themselves entirely from the SA sphere. Hopefully making a new start. I miss them though. Some attempts at getting in touch have failed, so I assume they're as far away from the forums and everything related to them as possible.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Why is Fritz' star red

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Woah. I've been pronouncing kayfabe wrong for years

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Psycho Landlord posted:

Why is Fritz' star red

He admin now.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

lol i sought this out and don't regret it

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Jeff gave a thumbs-up to the thread, so now I don't have to live in constant fear of retribution for posting my remembering.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I saw, in the sagas thread thread, and soon we will have sagas back

Thank you op for keeping the flame alive in the meantime

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don't think I should be thanking you for reminding me of sleepy beef's gross banme pic

Sorry suckers, I don’t have platinum :agesilaus:

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CubicalSucrose posted:

Jeff gave a thumbs-up to the thread, so now I don't have to live in constant fear of retribution for posting my remembering.
post in the face of death

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does anyone know where the ice rear end image originally came from?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fritz the Horse posted:

remember that guy that posted completely seriously in the Ancient History thread about how Sparta was the epitome of human civilization and how we've fallen since then, we need an aristocracy and of course I would be a noble unlike you plebes etc. it's some wild rear end posting:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&userid=183787#post406735667

also produced this emote: :agesilaus:

I love when it's pointed out that life utterly sucked for 99% of the population and he unironically replies "If I lived in a primitive oligarchy I would simply choose to be an aristocrat, it would be easy."

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

CubicalSucrose posted:

Thanks.

Going to risk this one, but I've already posted in this thread so I'm on borrowed time anyway.

There once was a forum for comments, questions, and suggestions. It wasn't some place I posted, but often was a source of great amusement for me. That wound up getting closed for a few months and replaced by a really wild ticket system held up by load-bearing admins.

Well, those admins weren't very numerous or engaging, though a few of them really did try. After not too long, they decided to add a bunch of IKs to the forum so that posters could post and vent and admins could (mostly) ignore things again without (quite) as much animosity.

One of those IKs decided to speedrun the experience - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4026833

Edit: Meta-discussion starts here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025178&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post530407044 - From pages ~76 - 80 when things get about wrapped up.

"Hey Harold, hold my beer." Less than 4 hours for a mod to go from admin -> poster, an incredible new record.

Edit: Helps if you include the thread I guess - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4027368&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#pti24

CubicalSucrose fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 19, 2023

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

CubicalSucrose posted:

"Hey Harold, hold my beer." Less than 4 hours for a mod to go from admin -> poster, an incredible new record.

Actually, uh,

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol

The Blood Price Is Paid. The Sagas Will Return.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Trad Games goes to some weird as gently caress places

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526864

quote:

Agents of T.I.M.E. is a standard FATE Core game (4 Refresh, skill pyramid at Great). Characters can be natives of modern times or most historical eras. You don't have to do the entire Phase Trio, but please at least do Phase One, which should describe how you got recruited by T.I.M.E. (and no, you don't have to shoot any of your relatives).

quote:

Name: Duke "Sheriff" Johnson
Description: A proud, rough, middle-aged man from a time when men were manly and justice came harsh and fast.

Aspects:
High Concept- Sheriff of Time
Trouble- Demon in a Bottle

quote:

Name: Eliza Smith Edison
Description: The shadow in Thomas Edison's history, the true inventor of his greatest creations.

High Concept: Lady Genius Out of Time
Trouble: Pissed Off Little Brother
Phase One - I'll Never Run From a Challenge

And the third volunteer

quote:

Name: Sören Weiss
Description: A mature blond-haired blue-eyed Perfect Aryan Specimen (except for the glasses). He'd be quite serious-looking if people got over the fact that he's a walking stereotype. They get over it pretty quickly.

Aspects:

High Concept - Psycho SS Officer
Trouble - "It's a dirty job, and I love to do it."

Phase One - Zeit Über Alles:

Wait....

quote:

You kind of have to be evil in order to be stopping people from preventing any given genocide or war or massacre. "Preserving the timeline" with these sort of temporal mechanics is sort of a flimsy excuse, unless you are literally some sort of crazy ultranationalist. Sören is a walking reducto ad absurdum that points this out, and his very purpose is to create this sort of internal moral conflict within the party.

I knew the concept would be somewhat controversial, but I thought it at least worth proposing (it sort of just popped into my head once Kwyndig mentioned the "vaccinating Native Americans" thing). I could do somebody completely different if it doesn't fit with the theme.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pentyne posted:

Trad Games goes to some weird as gently caress places

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526864

And the third volunteer

Wait....

Imagine three aryans at the edge of a genocide. Something something T.I.M.E. works the same way.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

why riven

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm a dungeon master, twisted dungeon master

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i'm a dungeon master, twisted dungeon master

cum play
my game

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
imagine not having a sagas thread right now lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tweak posted:

why riven

well it's the sequel to myst

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I never knew pyst had a sequel

https://youtu.be/OURe-AF0bbQ

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao that some dude who is into rapey camgirl sims just busted into that thread and outed himself as the numero uno sex pest in the middle of all that.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Anyone got a link to the thread about vampire the masquerade LARP horror stories that was mentioned in the riven sex thread?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao that some dude who is into rapey camgirl sims just busted into that thread and outed himself as the numero uno sex pest in the middle of all that.

it's not a real feedback forum until someone runs in stone cold steve austin style to proudly confess to crimes

baconator martyr
Jan 1, 2007
WIKIPEDIA

CountryMatters posted:

Anyone got a link to the thread about vampire the masquerade LARP horror stories that was mentioned in the riven sex thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735668

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

thank you gentlegoon

I will admit I cannot wrap my head around the concept of roleplay on discord being this deadly serious thing we must not make fun of so maybe this will help explain wtf is going on in the riven (the sequel to myst) thread

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Endorph posted:

funfact the jp title for riven is literally just

リヴン ザ シークェル トゥー ミスト

Rivun za shīku~eru to~ū misuto

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

LOL what the gently caress

copy
Jul 26, 2007

catching up on rhinio's slide show rn. legendary so far lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

the slideshow needs to be in the op of the new thread imo

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Psycho Landlord posted:

the slideshow needs to be in the op of the new thread imo

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tweak posted:

why riven

for real, someone explain what the hell happened if that’s not verbotten? I don’t know what the rules are on the reboot and the sad thread makes very little sense to me, but what I do understand seems really really bad:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CountryMatters posted:

thank you gentlegoon

I will admit I cannot wrap my head around the concept of roleplay on discord being this deadly serious thing we must not make fun of so maybe this will help explain wtf is going on in the riven (the sequel to myst) thread

for a serious answer "embarrassing" stuff like this can be bad places for abuse because people dont want to come forward due to it being embarassing to do so

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

for real, someone explain what the hell happened if that’s not verbotten? I don’t know what the rules are on the reboot and the sad thread makes very little sense to me, but what I do understand seems really really bad:

it's pretty hard to explain but this is basically accurate

Endorph posted:

Okay.

That is tricking people into roleplaying weird sex poo poo. Permaban Podima.

Fluffdaddy,, here is the sequence of events as I understand it. I wasn't involved but I'm familiar enough with RP and I was in a discord with Bees at the time and remember them mentioning it offhand a few times.

1. Podima recruits for a game on the forums.
2. The game contains the Girlfriend Robots.
3. The person assigned the girlfriend sex robots character does not like the character, but is told to 'trust' the people running the game.
4. Bees, Renessia, Meinberg (and possibly others?) make a group chat to discuss the game. At least one of Bees and Renessia (possibly both?) is not aware of the girlfriend sex robots due to the game's format and is creeped out by them when they learn of them.
5. They go through conversations they've had with the people running the game and try and corroborate other issues they've had. Someone with access to every channel in the discord is also creeped out and posts some creepy stuff that's gone on in the DMs between the people running the game and other players.
6. They try and discuss this with Podima and get this response.

Even the person defending Podima acknowledges both

1) There was sex stuff happening in the game that some players did not know about and were not warned about. (Which, even if their characters weren't directly involved, is still weird and uncomfortable)

and 2)

At least one weird sex scene happened in the Riven: THE SEQUEL TO MYST game that Podima was involved in (and other players presumably also did not know about/were not warned about.)

I really don't know how you could interpret this as anything less but cause for permabanning. He recruited people from the forums into an uncomfortable sexual situation without warning them beforehand, and then when they tried to express their concerns he tried to pressure and coerce them into it and paint himself as the victim.

Like, even if you don't go and read it, it still happened in a game you are participating in. That would make most people uncomfortable!

lmfao

the thread goes places after the RP 'author' shows up to claim credit for their 'dream' (the Riven RP rape stuff)

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

What the everloving hell?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NoiseAnnoys posted:

What the everloving hell?

Yeah, basically

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Time to update the “Days since a sex weirdo has been outed” sign back to 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Ugh I used the handle Myst on battle.net and Steam for a long time, so I've spent years in online communities being referred to as Myst.

You know, the prequel to Riven. :sigh: