Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
English VA Char has never betrayed anyone and he'd never lie, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWn8H36HSfk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
the Isekai talk reminded me of this thing existing; http://androidarts.com/Gundam/Gundam.htm which I thought was pretty neat

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kanos posted:

I don't even think "technically" works here. He deliberately lies to Garma about the White Base's position to put him in a terrible spot and then laughs at him over the communicator about it.

Unless you're going with the "Char was never on Garma's side anyway so it doesn't count as a betrayal", I guess, but I'd still say "faking being someone's best friend solely to opportunistically gently caress them over at an unspecified later date" counts.

From Char's point of view, you're wrong.

But that's the joke.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The misfortune of Garma's birth is NOT Char's fault <:mad:>

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

drrockso20 posted:

the Isekai talk reminded me of this thing existing; http://androidarts.com/Gundam/Gundam.htm which I thought was pretty neat

That is neat, thanks for sharing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

From a friend:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, the Urdr Hunt game is moving on to reveal more about the ancient history of the PD setting. We just got names for three of the founders of the seven stars, and on top of that, there's the reveal that no-one knows why the Mobile Armors went rogue.

Seems things are getting set up for some major conspiracy reveals.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
https://twitter.com/mecha_tho/status/1636491265108766722?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Shining Finger?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MillennialVulcan posted:

Shining Finger?

No, what happens next is a cutaway to a giant Sphinx themed Gundam rampaging for a whole chapter. It's really weird.

I mean, the whole manga is weird, but pacing-wise that bit is weirder than normal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Born in flames she has been blessed
Her family crest is a demon of death

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

chiasaur11 posted:

No, what happens next is a cutaway to a giant Sphinx themed Gundam rampaging for a whole chapter. It's really weird.

I mean, the whole manga is weird, but pacing-wise that bit is weirder than normal.

It makes sense, the lady in leather and the nun are two fated Gundam pilots and we just saw their meeting, the Egyptian girl is the third Gundam pilot. All the pieces are being laid out and coming together.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gripweed posted:

It makes sense, the lady in leather and the nun are two fated Gundam pilots and we just saw their meeting, the Egyptian girl is the third Gundam pilot. All the pieces are being laid out and coming together.

Do you feel any tingling in your left arm?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Caros posted:

Do you feel any tingling in your left arm?

it comes and goes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i assume based off only seeing those pages that the protagonist crushed the nun-ladies skull for being too sincere and not edgy enough

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Except we haven't had anything about three fated Gundam pilots before, the nun and the protagonist were in the middle of a fight scene which was motivated by entirely different causes than being fated Gundam pilots, the chapter is set in a completely different area from the main action with a bunch of grunt suits after a series with almost no mecha action. (And we still haven't gotten followup on the Earth expedition team).

It's utterly bizarre pacing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah that sounds like Inoue.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

chiasaur11 posted:

Except we haven't had anything about three fated Gundam pilots before, the nun and the protagonist were in the middle of a fight scene which was motivated by entirely different causes than being fated Gundam pilots, the chapter is set in a completely different area from the main action with a bunch of grunt suits after a series with almost no mecha action. (And we still haven't gotten followup on the Earth expedition team).

It's utterly bizarre pacing.

It’s all coming together.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Has anyone fallen into a large body of water yet?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

chiasaur11 posted:

Holy poo poo that's real. I thought those were panels from some random edgy manga Gripweed posted as some weird inexplicable joke but nope, its all real. There's even a picture of the sphinx Gundam at the bottom of the page.

Why is there a Gundam in a Jesus pose hanging from chains above a vat of lava? Do I want to know?

Gundam is such a weird franchise sometimes, like you'll get long stretches where its fairly grounded and "normal", I guess, for lack of a better word. Then someone forgets to take their meds and we get some weird manic episode spin-off where everything just goes completely off the rails.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Holy poo poo that's real. I thought those were panels from some random edgy manga Gripweed posted as some weird inexplicable joke but nope, its all real. There's even a picture of the sphinx Gundam at the bottom of the page.

Why is there a Gundam in a Jesus pose hanging from chains above a vat of lava? Do I want to know?

Guess what god that nun worships. Here's a very subtle hint

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
More like Despair Memory Gundam Stupid amirite.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I wish it was the cross but it had the Turn A mustache

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MechaX posted:

I wish it was the cross but it had the Turn A mustache

I mean, a proper object of religious veneration should have four V-fins.

(Then again, while shining is fine, something outright burning might be a bit unfortunate in this context.)

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

chiasaur11 posted:

(Then again, while shining is fine, something outright burning might be a bit unfortunate in this context.)

That's just two v-fins.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gripweed posted:

Guess what god that nun worships. Here's a very subtle hint

Well, Nana wills it! finally became a religion I guess.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Argas posted:

That's just two v-fins.

But it's still four Krustys.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

chiasaur11 posted:

But it's still four Krustys.

Look, it would be daft for a v-fin to be defined as only counting one half of a fin. It wouldn't even be a v!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chiasaur11 posted:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ah, the Nayuta Gundam.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
So I was rewatching Turn A a bit back and a thought suddenly struck me: What was Dianna's plan wrt Will Game? Not the one in the series, but her lover/fiancee from a hundred years back. Why did she expect to meet him again? Are the some cryopods underneath the Game family home? And where did Will Game II and III come from? Are they her son and grandson, or did Will Game the 1st bone someone else once Dianna was out of the picture?

Did they even have a relationship or was it all in Dianna's head?

It just bugs me is all.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

iirc after saying she'd see him again someone came up to her and said "unexpected news we're going back to the moon right away no queen you can't stop this" so she never got her last meeting with him

and yeah i guess he boned someone else

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Who the heck wrote the Gundam Wikia

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fangz posted:

It's a fandom wiki so who knows.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fangz posted:

lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The guy who was called Hitler by his own dad had some pretty decent arguments honestly

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who let Fukui write the wiki

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fangz posted:

This was Gato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah that sounds like Inoue.

Can someone clarify what Inoue's signature style of writing actually is for those of us who aren't giant toku nerds?