Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BULLSHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gently caress the fia lol and these boring rear end races

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
That tory poo poo must be so smug right now

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals
lap 18 and they can’t tell us until way after the race has finished

FakeBlood
Oct 23, 2008

Alive and kicking.
The fix is in

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

GramCracker posted:

I need a gif of that
https://twitter.com/espnf1/status/1637526231745699841

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

lol on the classification screen Russell is now P3 but still has 12 points and Alonso still has 15 points

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

FakeBlood posted:

The fix is in

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FakeBlood posted:

The fix is in

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Congratulations! You Won. posted:

it's the rear jackman, he absolutely touched the car early

but that's stupid and gently caress the fia

on the one hand, it’s dumb as gently caress

on the other, you’d think an F1 level pit crew would know how to serve a penalty correctly

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Hahaha he’s so buttmad

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

that was a bullshit penalty especially with most of the loving race to look at it

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

it's the rear jackman,

Is that Hugh’s brother?

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

KidDynamite posted:

that was a bullshit penalty especially with most of the loving race to look at it

No kidding they absolutely could have gapped Russell 10 seconds if they had known about it immediately instead of literally after the race. What an atrocious decision.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

it's the rear jackman, he absolutely touched the car early

but that's stupid and gently caress the fia

yeah you can see he moves the jack up into contact with the car and then waits. the front jack gets really close but doesn't touch the car until after the time

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

on the other, you’d think an F1 level pit crew would know how to serve a penalty correctly

you would think after last race the pit crews were told "hey btw it's good to wait to touch the car until we're allowed to"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a brit once again finding a way to steal poo poo

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
FIA voted Clowns of the Week. Expecting a fierce battle between them and Ferrari again this year.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
did Toto send an email to the FIA to review that pit stop?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

It's a stupid penalty but at least it's consistent with last week. The hosed up part is not saying poo poo about it till after the race. The jack man gently caress up happened in the first 20 laps. It would have changed the race for the top five if they all knew he was getting a 10s penalty so why not just announce that poo poo earlier.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Waiting until after the podium ceremony to decide on the penalty when it was obvious immediately lol gently caress the fia

Didn't take 25 laps to decide on ocons

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

did Toto send an email to the FIA to review that pit stop?

He printed a picture and sent it to them

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

BOOOOO

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

real3d will have a lot to say about this

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ChaosReaper posted:

It's a stupid penalty but at least it's consistent with last week. The hosed up part is not saying poo poo about it till after the race. The jack man gently caress up happened in the first 20 laps. It would have changed the race for the top five if they all knew he was getting a 10s penalty so why not just announce that poo poo earlier.

The cameras were too focused on McLaren getting clowned on by a rookie in a Williams that the FIA didn't bother to check until someone reminded them there were other things happening on track.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
the 10 seconds sucks but it's what they gave ocon last week

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ChaosReaper posted:

If he knew he had to clear another 5 seconds behind him he could have if he was told right away. What a load of poo poo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ChaosReaper posted:

The hosed up part is not saying poo poo about it till after the race.

It's this

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It's lovely for alonso but with stuff like this it's cut and dry

Speeding in the pit lane, staying in your start box, serving a penalty correctly. You either do it or you don't and its not really open to interpretation by the stewards.

Same for the penalty given, there's no sliding scale on it. Ocon got ten seconds, so did alonso

It's like complaining someone didn't use two sets of tires and got penalised

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They did this last season where they didn't announce poo poo until the podium from when something happened at the start of the race. gently caress the FIA. I don't care about the penalty but loving christ, you've got every measurable piece of data and camera on track to CCTV up the entirety of loving Saudi Arabia, how could you not tell us this on lap 35-40 you turds

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Fully
Incompetent
Actions

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Its ok Checo will avenge Alonso for the Spanish speaking world by becoming WDC

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

You'd think an F1 driver could park a car in a normal sized parking spot

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Skarsnik posted:

It's lovely for alonso but with stuff like this it's cut and dry

Speeding in the pit lane, staying in your start box, serving a penalty correctly. You either do it or you don't and its not really open to interpretation by the stewards.

Same for the penalty given, there's no sliding scale on it. Ocon got ten seconds, so did alonso

It's like complaining someone didn't use two sets of tires and got penalised

They waited until it was too late to do anything about it, for no reason

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Hell yeah Checo great job! Not a huge fan of this track but it was still good racing up and down the order.

FIA docked Alonso an extra 10s? holy poo poo hahah wow

Fraud
International
Automobilerace

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

FakeBlood posted:

The fix is in

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

siriuslysomething posted:

Hahahaax not shaking Checo's hand and then taking two seats including Checo's in the cool down room is so loving funny to me.

Fake edit: for the record I don't necessarily think any of this means anything but it is funny.

lol

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Also this decision hurts my fantasy team and helped any scoundrel who picked the weird British man. We should all be outraged at this injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It will be interesting to hear at what point the FIA was told about it though (I assume by another team who spotted it on a replay)