Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

Think I’m to high

Cold Manwich on garlic sourdough with some Kraft parm on top

Some college years bullshit going on right here, stay forever young my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's some High rear end Food, enjoy

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
"Cold manwich" was all you needed to say to reveal your intoxicated state.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Lol I’m happy about this more than KU.

I'm rather sanguine about this as a Mizzou fan. Slightly annoyed it had to be Princeton who I do not wish well on and not some team that I'd either never heard of or would be proud of myself for randomly being able to identify their mascot.

Winning a tournament game is all I hoped for, I just expected Arizona to blow them out instead of those guys. The team was good when they were on fire from outside and creating turnovers constantly, they were godawful when they weren't doing those things. And, whew, that team never saw a rebound they weren't going to let the opposing side have a good chance at coming up with. Just a perfect storm of everything bad about them hitting at once is my read.

Be interesting in the future to see how or if they address the super obvious issues they had. But being somewhat fun on offense at times for the first time in...well quite a damned while. Well that was nice.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Someone on Twitter said that Linkedin guy is the Forrest Gump of tech bros, and it made me laugh

Intruder posted:

Carbonara is one of those dishes where I've made it a bunch of times but I always have this lingering suspicion I'm doing it wrong

I do 3 eggs + 3 additional yolks. The big issue I had was erring on the side of not wanting to overcook it, and having it too soupy. The last few times I've put it back on the heat with the egg/parm mixture for a minute or two, and it's a lot creamier. Even still, it's not on the same level as the fancy pasta restaurant in Minneapolis, but that's not shocking.

Leperflesh posted:

That is very strange!

:whatup: Naked Gun av buddy? Guessing that's an indicator I'll have some SAD threads to catch up on tomorrow at work.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a sexual elk posted:

Think I’m to high

I have been high many, many times.

I have never been so high as to think that something like this would be a good idea.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I ate a whole bag of croutons the other day while high, it was quite a treat

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pron on VHS posted:

I ate a whole bag of croutons the other day while high, it was quite a treat

I sometimes did that during my drinking days.

I got high last night and housed an entire jar of Kalamata olives.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

I have been high many, many times.

I have never been so high as to think that something like this would be a good idea.

If it wasn't cold manwich I could see this being pretty tasty. If I were high enough. Or down bad enough, either way.

The cold part is throwing me for sure though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

The cold part is throwing me for sure though.

That's what got me. Otherwise it's just a poor man's open-face sloppy joe, and I couldn't find fault with that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a sexual elk posted:

Think I’m to high

I’m stoned right now and my god man 10/10 i want this

Edit not cold tho

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 19, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a sexual elk posted:

Think I’m to high

cold??????

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
So my water heater has pretty much died. We can't get through one 5 minute shower before we start losing hit water. Anyone have experience with the hybrid/heat pump electric heaters? We have an electric one now and plan on staying with it so we don't need to run exhaust and intake lines, and the hybrid ones seem better efficiency wise.

Also, anyone install one themselves? The area plumbers all want around $1500 to do the job, and if I can save that by doing it myself since it's a couple wires and two pipes, and I'm comfortable with electricity and minor plumbing like faucets, toilets, and appliances...

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

So my water heater has pretty much died. We can't get through one 5 minute shower before we start losing hit water. Anyone have experience with the hybrid/heat pump electric heaters? We have an electric one now and plan on staying with it so we don't need to run exhaust and intake lines, and the hybrid ones seem better efficiency wise.

Also, anyone install one themselves? The area plumbers all want around $1500 to do the job, and if I can save that by doing it myself since it's a couple wires and two pipes, and I'm comfortable with electricity and minor plumbing like faucets, toilets, and appliances...

you've tried fixing the current one, i presume? old electric WHs are like 4 parts & only the heating elements require draining the tank to replace

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

How old is the water heater? Just wondering if you’re at replacement time or fix it time. I haven’t seen a heat pump one, but remember that it will put out cold air into whatever space your have the water heater.

Install shouldn’t be bad if you already have electric. Power should be the same. Double check location connections, you likely need to change the pipe to match up the new heater. As long as you’re ok soldering a few joints, you should be fine.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 19, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Someone on Twitter said that Linkedin guy is the Forrest Gump of tech bros, and it made me laugh

I have an acquaintance who has worked for four small tech companies over the last decade-plus. All the startups failed or were bought by a competitor but warehoused. So a comparison would be like idk gm buying electric engines awhile back to stop other people making electric cars.

This acquaintance has spent a dozen years of their labor producing nothing of value for society. No deliverable. No product that enhanced our world. No new service. No innovation. No anything. And despite that they’ve been making like $350k a year.

Tulalip Tulips provides more value to society in the first half of a random Monday than this tech joker has provided in twelve years.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tldr capitalism has no flaws

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Mike Pence challenging perennial champ Ted Cruz for the Dickless Loser Award.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Mike Pence challenging perennial champ Ted Cruz for the Dickless Loser Award.

I think it's Pence. Trump only called Cruz's wife ugly and said his dad killed JFK, Trump tried to get Pence murdered.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

I think it's Pence. Trump only called Cruz's wife ugly and said his dad killed JFK, Trump tried to get Pence murdered.

Yeah but Cruz was immediately and enthusiastically campaigning for trump after he dunked on him over and over.

It’s a close race. gently caress em both.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Calling my wife ugly and a dog would make me more mad than trying to kill me

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

oldskool posted:

you've tried fixing the current one, i presume? old electric WHs are like 4 parts & only the heating elements require draining the tank to replace

Bird in a Blender posted:

How old is the water heater? Just wondering if you’re at replacement time or fix it time. I haven’t seen a heat pump one, but remember that it will put out cold air into whatever space your have the water heater.

Install shouldn’t be bad if you already have electric. Power should be the same. Double check location connections, you likely need to change the pipe to match up the new heater. As long as you’re ok soldering a few joints, you should be fine.

Yeah - I've tried. The anode rods are completely fused into the tank, so they're pretty much done. The water in my area is pretty hard as well so I suspect the tank itself is so crusted up that it just doesn't have the capacity it once did. Age wise, it's just over 15 years old. I've never soldered copper before but watching videos and pros do it, it doesn't seem all that difficult. Thinking of getting a length of pipe and practicing a bit to see if I'm over my head there. Thanks for the info!

Pron on VHS posted:

Calling my wife ugly and a dog would make me more mad than trying to kill me

Pretty much this.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Soldering isn’t that hard, but if you fill the pipe and you have a leak, it can suck to fix. The other alternative is shark bite fittings, but those are really expensive, and I also don’t like their reliability.

There are press fittings if you can find a place that will rent you a press gun and sell you the fittings. I don’t think regular hardware stores carry those.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

For anything other than soldering, make sure to check if there's a minimum distance it needs to be from the hot water outlet on the heater. Sharkbites and press-fit stuff have gaskets that aren't necessarily made to be that close to the hot part of the water heater.

e: the general consensus in HCH is Sharkbites shouldn't be concealed in a wall, but are generally acceptable somewhere you can see them. That said, I don't think anyone would argue for them as a proper replacement for soldering if it's done properly.

double e: another Sharkbite point, if you're going to do any plumbing work yourself, these are an absolutely pro purchase:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-Push-to-Connect-Brass-End-Stop-Fitting-U514LFA/202270531
https://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-3-4-in-Push-to-Connect-Brass-End-Stop-Fitting-U518LFA/202270532

Perfect for capping something in an emergency and allowing you to turn the water back on

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 19, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Started watching Succession a couple weeks ago. Great show.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn it. Meal prepped a whole vegetable and pasta bake and went to bed leaving it cooling on the bench.

Good way to waste good food and money. So fuckin stupid.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BlindSite posted:

Goddamn it. Meal prepped a whole vegetable and pasta bake and went to bed leaving it cooling on the bench.

Way back when, we're talking 2005 or so (before my ex-wife moved in with me, which was July 2006), I got really drunk one night and passed out while I had a Home Run Inn pizza in the oven.

I know you don't have that in Australia, so just let me tell you that Home Run Inn is the gold standard of frozen pizzas.

I awakened about ten hours later to a horrific stench and a black brick from hell sitting in the oven. It's a miracle I didn't burn the place down.

And it was a waste of a good pizza. :(

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

Soldering isn’t that hard, but if you fill the pipe and you have a leak, it can suck to fix. The other alternative is shark bite fittings, but those are really expensive, and I also don’t like their reliability.

There are press fittings if you can find a place that will rent you a press gun and sell you the fittings. I don’t think regular hardware stores carry those.

When I replaced mine (which included moving electrical, gas, and structure because my house hates me), I used braided steel flex lines to brass to a shutoff to make the routing towards the supply easier.

Which reminds me, my old water heater is still sitting in a corner in my basement because it's too big to fit up the stairwell and I'll need to chop it down to remove. Bleh.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Rectal Placenta posted:

When I replaced mine (which included moving electrical, gas, and structure because my house hates me), I used braided steel flex lines to brass to a shutoff to make the routing towards the supply easier.

Which reminds me, my old water heater is still sitting in a corner in my basement because it's too big to fit up the stairwell and I'll need to chop it down to remove. Bleh.

Yea hoses aren’t a bad option either if you can make it work.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

BlindSite posted:

Just eat it. Any bacteria that have grown are weak and won’t do anything to you

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

Lol stop trying to poison me.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Pron on VHS posted:

can you imagine what australian bacteria are like sweet jesus

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've met and hung out with Australians, so yes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Timby posted:

Way back when, we're talking 2005 or so (before my ex-wife moved in with me, which was July 2006), I got really drunk one night and passed out while I had a Home Run Inn pizza in the oven.

I know you don't have that in Australia, so just let me tell you that Home Run Inn is the gold standard of frozen pizzas.

I awakened about ten hours later to a horrific stench and a black brick from hell sitting in the oven. It's a miracle I didn't burn the place down.

And it was a waste of a good pizza. :(

My local high end grocery has Home Run Inn Pizza, so I've had the privilege of trying it despite it being mainly Midwest only, but each one costs $16 and it's tough to justify paying that when I could get a bigger take and bake for the same price.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Is there a short but sweet resource for various Disney park shenanigans? I haven’t been since 1987 and the 20000 Leagues submarine ride was still there.

We are taking our little one for spring break and while we aren’t interested in min-maxing our experience there are certain things we’d like to do without dying of old age in line.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Hi, I’m a travel agent I get paid to talk about Disney. PM me or I can give you my email address.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

seiferguy posted:

My local high end grocery has Home Run Inn Pizza, so I've had the privilege of trying it despite it being mainly Midwest only, but each one costs $16 and it's tough to justify paying that when I could get a bigger take and bake for the same price.

Which one? Met Market? I wish to try this gold star frozen pizza.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
My current go-to frozen pizza brand these days is Screamin' Sicilian, which is better than some restaraunt pizza I've had... but it's also in that price range where I can get a bigger pizza with more toppings from like Little Caesar's for less

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

Hi, I’m a travel agent I get paid to talk about Disney. PM me or I can give you my email address.

:respek:

I’ll reach out to you tomorrow. Nothing major. I just basically know nothing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I've met and hung out with Australians, so yes.

:bustem:

LeeMajors posted:

Is there a short but sweet resource for various Disney park shenanigans? I haven’t been since 1987 and the 20000 Leagues submarine ride was still there.

We are taking our little one for spring break and while we aren’t interested in min-maxing our experience there are certain things we’d like to do without dying of old age in line.

I'm excited for you.