Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Only hit MR 100 a few days ago in MH Sunbreak so the grind is nearing an end. Still have a lot of poo poo to upgrade and I need to start working on an insane build.

EDIT: oh my loving GOD I'm so sorry terrible loving snipe I'm so so so sorry

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

I didn't end up actually playing anything yesterday. today will be better :hai:

Good luck and godspeed, gamer! o7

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Trying to make a serious dent in what's left of Okami, just left Ponc'tan. I still have to get the worst bead (Kai's) and do the third devil trial in addition to however much story is left so probably not finishing today.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

More octopath 2. I'm on my first party's chapter 3s, 4s and 5s and the recommended level is 45 for all of them while I'm like 32. gonna tackle em anyway lol. Also gonna do at least 1 run of battle mania today, I was going to on friday but ended up watching IZWF for 4 hours instead

Nice. The octopath battle system is so good when you're underleveled and have to use every dirty trick you can

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

welcome posted:

Trying to make a serious dent in what's left of Okami, just left Ponc'tan. I still have to get the worst bead (Kai's) and do the third devil trial in addition to however much story is left so probably not finishing today.

I was having trouble with kai's bead until I stopped trying to airdash, you seem to keep your speed a lot easier if you just jump normally. though I did also rejuvenate every tree in yoshpet lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Good luck and godspeed, gamer! o7

thank you major! :cheers:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

More octopath 2. I'm on my first party's chapter 3s, 4s and 5s and the recommended level is 45 for all of them while I'm like 32. gonna tackle em anyway lol. Also gonna do at least 1 run of battle mania today, I was going to on friday but ended up watching IZWF for 4 hours instead

how's it compared to game 1 so far. I seem to recall that you liked the endgame boss for 1 like I do so I was wondering if anything is like that before the very end, or if it's difficult at all since the first game was pretty easy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Walking to the store to get a donut and/or other breakfast-style pastry. Will report back in a bit.

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

I was having trouble with kai's bead until I stopped trying to airdash, you seem to keep your speed a lot easier if you just jump normally. though I did also rejuvenate every tree in yoshpet lol

Jeffrey of Yoshpet

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah I ran out of time first trip through Yoshpet blooming trees for the exact same reason lol. If only you could stop the icicles.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

how's it compared to game 1 so far. I seem to recall that you liked the endgame boss for 1 like I do so I was wondering if anything is like that before the very end, or if it's difficult at all since the first game was pretty easy

I'm liking it a lot more overall but it is very similar. being underleveled I have had 3 or 4 difficult boss fights including one where I only won because the boss crumbles to bits after going insane with 4 actions a turn for a few turns lol. Nothing like the final boss in 1 yet, and I haven't found any of the extra jobs which tend to have a pretty difficult boss tied to them.

This game also has bonus chapters that pair party members together, though I've only found one so far and it didn't have any combat tied to it.

Will get back to you once I get further in, I haven't even done the chapter 1s of half the characters yet lol.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

Walking to the store to get a donut and/or other breakfast-style pastry. Will report back in a bit.

Curious on how this went.

(I ended up playing the D4 beta and thought it was cool. Rogue is fun but I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Necro is next weekend)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Overpaid for some apple strudel bites and a 24oz bottle of LIFE WATER.

----------------

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

Overpaid but were they at least dece?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Pog.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm liking it a lot more overall but it is very similar. being underleveled I have had 3 or 4 difficult boss fights including one where I only won because the boss crumbles to bits after going insane with 4 actions a turn for a few turns lol. Nothing like the final boss in 1 yet, and I haven't found any of the extra jobs which tend to have a pretty difficult boss tied to them.

This game also has bonus chapters that pair party members together, though I've only found one so far and it didn't have any combat tied to it.

Will get back to you once I get further in, I haven't even done the chapter 1s of half the characters yet lol.

cool ty. That sounds awesome and I might just cave and buy the thing pre sale if it holds up. octo 1 was a game that felt better than the individual elements that make it up so I guess i'm just looking for an excuse lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

more Okami, just freed Kaguya

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

sick. I think this will be next after I beat BoF2. loved the first one

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to try Mirrors Edge since it's on Game Pass

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Still not done moving, maybe some more Outriders once I give up for the day

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Played some Battle Mania for game club this morning, pretty fun and charming but I’m bad at shoot ‘em ups and my head was still foggy from the morning so I wasnt doing too hot… I’ll probably try again later today. Okami in the meantime

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I hurt my neck so it's been hard to play anything this weekend :smith:

I got further into Death Stranding over this week, I got metal legs and a cool bike. I also loaded up Mafia 3 to start next.

Metal legs makes me think about grandma's boy

https://youtu.be/kpeVTa1Ab7Q

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hangover subsiding. might game, yeah? who know

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

ArfJason posted:

hangover subsiding. might game, yeah? who know

Hangovers ftl, hope you feel better soon dude.

I got back into Meteos recently after finding my old collection of DS games so I'll be playing that

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

On the road all weekend with Slay the Spire. Back home so now some bourbon and Sekiro

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

P ranked fun farm and crust cove. got most of the way there in gnome forest but there's one part where the combo always drops if you gently caress up so i have to learn the movement for that. probably play some powerwash for a bit and i got a friend coming over later and we're gonna play some video games for sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

jamming out to shadowbringers music in FF theater.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh yheah i got luck be a landlord because someone described it to me and it sounded potentially insane. so i'm gonna play it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

jamming out to shadowbringers music in FF theater.
Rak'Tika Greatwood theme is insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascfjJXDWjo

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Fiend Matador posted:

Hangovers ftl, hope you feel better soon dude.

I got back into Meteos recently after finding my old collection of DS games so I'll be playing that

Meteos is cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

Meteos is cool
I got a DS for Christmas 2006 and played so much Meteos I found myself trying to slide the Christmas lights

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fire Emblem Engage, Micaiah’s paralogue was a :dogbutton: but made it through and killed her generals too :blastu:

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got a DS for Christmas 2006 and played so much Meteos I found myself trying to slide the Christmas lights

lol yeah. caught myself trying to shift around the tiles on my bathroom wall yesterday

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

gaylo

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

continuing resident evil 2 knife only

----------------

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

I'm having a restless evening and have been staring at the wall for like an hour. Maybe some Kirby will break the spell.

Callings
Mar 15, 2023

Hizke posted:

Thinking about ragnarok online ost whilst crying

It's so good.

Martman posted:

Private server? With some qol tweaks I could see myself going on a nostalgia trip...

Yup, Project Alfheim. The wiki lists all the changes they've done. This is my first time playing beyond the surface level and I'm having a good time.
Server has been having its moments of instability though, but hopefully that gets better over time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lppo5cNxrhk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

capcom's done it again

----------------