Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
WHM exists in the Scream universe. I saw Scream 6 tonight and there is a WHM (and LPOTL) poster on a bedroom wall.
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1634006035911327745

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

clown shoes posted:

WHM exists in the Scream universe. I saw Scream 6 tonight and there is a WHM (and LPOTL) poster on a bedroom wall.
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1634006035911327745

Were any of the Stab movies were good enough to be a WLM or did they all end up on the WHM end of the spectrum?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kurt Wimmer's neighbor yelling at him for loudly inventing Gunkata in his back yard is a really good bit

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Good episode, Equilibirum is such a fun, absolutely loving stupid movie. And I figure the fun parts of it have to be accidental, because Ultraviolet by the same guy is absolutely loving stupid and 100% unfun and awful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The main difference is that Equilibrium has actual actors who will try and change poo poo or put up resistance to extremely stupid poo poo. Which he then had to push through.

Ultraviolet's top tier actors are Mila Jovavich. And William Fichtner showed up for a weekend or two.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1635738067569983488
https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1635741833090269185

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Driven was a refreshing return to form after a few kind of dull episodes. Sly Stallone is the gift that keeps on giving. I loved the bit about all the weird names he comes up with in his screenplays.

Signed,

CLubber Lang, Mason Dixon, Marion Cobretti and Lincoln Hawk.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I did not know Fred Ward died. What a bummer. And getting Farina’d…

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

mweber posted:

I did not know Fred Ward died. What a bummer. And getting Farina’d…

This is a recurring problem and it does not seem that hard to fix, but the Oscars really wanted time to do gratuitous Little Mermaid trailers and the four slow ballads that are nominated for Best Original Song.

Most years it's five slow ballads, but this year it was four slow ballads and Naatu Naatu

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is a recurring problem and it does not seem that hard to fix, but the Oscars really wanted time to do gratuitous Little Mermaid trailers and the four slow ballads that are nominated for Best Original Song.

Most years it's five slow ballads, but this year it was four slow ballads and Naatu Naatu

It would have been an easy fix to combine the two.

“Something something, Fred Ward”. It practically writes itself!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

For people who struggling to find comedic value with the WLM episodes, I stumbled across this podcast called THe Rewatchables that I find really good and that approaches objectively good films in a bit of a different way. Fans of this thread and WLM might like it

https://www.theringer.com/the-rewatchables/archives

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BiggerBoat posted:

For people who struggling to find comedic value with the WLM episodes, I stumbled across this podcast called THe Rewatchables that I find really good and that approaches objectively good films in a bit of a different way. Fans of this thread and WLM might like it

I've discovered several great movies because of The Rewatchables! Today it was Bad Boys, a 1983 Sean Penn movie. I think everyone in their crew is a professional writer covering movies, tv or sports for years, and Bill Simmons has interviewed many celebs so they have a pretty good inside-baseball perspective.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

I've discovered several great movies because of The Rewatchables! Today it was Bad Boys, a 1983 Sean Penn movie. I think everyone in their crew is a professional writer covering movies, tv or sports for years, and Bill Simmons has interviewed many celebs so they have a pretty good inside-baseball perspective.

Bad Boys is fantastic but everyone gets it confused with the Martin Lawrence movie.

I've just been enjoying their takes on a WLM style podcast that digs into films where there's not a ton of jokes to be made in the style of WHM. And they do a lot more with it than just talking about how great it is. One of my favorite things they do is imagine modern actors in certain roles and talk about original casting choices that gets my brain spinning a little.

I started a thread with this idea on a lark if anyone is interested in recasting their favorite movies and imagining what that might look like or anyone has some inspired or funny casting ideas

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027453

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the John Wickmentary is a good time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I would like less of bill simmons in my life.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That son of a bitch Richard's at it again!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

I would like less of bill simmons in my life.

What did he do? I'm not familiar with him.

I just thought the episodes I've listened to do a little but better job with the We LOVE Movies format than the WHM crew does. A lot of posters are luke warm on the WLM episodes since they gush so much but the Ringer Rewatchables I've listened to seem to have a lot more different areas they explore beyond "this is SO great" and "I LOVE this scene"

Hopefully this Bill SImmons guy isn't a rapist or a CHUD so I can continue enjoying the show. I suppose I could google him and find out of it's OK top listen to him.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

BiggerBoat posted:

What did he do? I'm not familiar with him.

I just thought the episodes I've listened to do a little but better job with the We LOVE Movies format than the WHM crew does. A lot of posters are luke warm on the WLM episodes since they gush so much but the Ringer Rewatchables I've listened to seem to have a lot more different areas they explore beyond "this is SO great" and "I LOVE this scene"

Hopefully this Bill SImmons guy isn't a rapist or a CHUD so I can continue enjoying the show. I suppose I could google him and find out of it's OK top listen to him.

It’s even worse than that - he is a longtime supporter of the Boston Celtics.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

WLM worked out well when they had to do a viewer request on something they hadn't actually seen before. Just do WLMs of well-loved movies that they'd personally never seen. Like Flash Gordon.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
So laugh out loud that I literally almost burst my stitches from sshhoullder ssurggery.

mweber fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 26, 2023

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Who was that guy on the gleep glossary? I know he's a director but I don't know how he relates to the show.

Also the horny posting Jupin is doing over Katie sackoff is outta control!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I relistened to every Nexus episode.

It’s the best show on the network followed closely by the Gleep Glossary.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

dorium posted:

I relistened to every Nexus episode.

It’s the best show on the network followed closely by the Gleep Glossary.

I really love the Nexus, especially how you can re-listen to it from the start and watch the actual TOS and TNG casts, and the exaggerated/parody versions of them, slowly develop in parallel.

The bit from one Nexus episode where Picard calls Geordie and Data "my two robots, the blind robot and the silver robot", and has just assumed Geordie was a robot the entire time, still kills me.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My all time favorite Nexus bit is Picard trying to out crazy Nagillum in "When Silence Has Lease"

"Oh, you just murdered one of my crew? Geordi, come here. *BLAM* Now there's TWO dead people! What do you want, motherfucker?"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I was picked for LRM on the Gleep Glossary, and I never would have known about that dumb story if not for the SA Star Wars thread circa 2005. Sorry mom, sorry dad, sorry college.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I will never not laugh at Bones being way too into bad 90's music

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

"Give me those logs mister!" is an all time great and worth every cent I give those boys on patreon. Gleep glossary is where Eric shines and is the right amount of star wars + dumb poo poo that franchise deserves

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I was picked for LRM on the Gleep Glossary, and I never would have known about that dumb story if not for the SA Star Wars thread circa 2005. Sorry mom, sorry dad, sorry college.

Good work! This Gleep Glossary is a beautiful thing.

Edit: Eric would be great as a Morton Downey Jr -esque sleazebag talkshow host.

mweber fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 27, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I cut WHM from my Patreon subs this week; I always like the shows when I listen but there hasn't been a ton in the premium feed that I was really interested in lately so I've been building up a backlog that I don't think I'll tackle anytime soon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just announced: virtual live show on Peter Jackson's King Kong on 4/20

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1640386646204989442

That's Eric's mustache, not a banana.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

A little disappointed in Steve's recommendation for an alternative to The Covenant from David DeCoteau, Voodoo Academy.

The Brotherhood II: Young Warlocks is right there. Low budget, sure, but actual homoeroticism and pentagrams.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Those online shows disappearing into the ether is a bummer.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Holy gently caress the MILF Manor/DILF Den tangent nearly made me break down laughing in the middle of work.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

Holy gently caress the MILF Manor/DILF Den tangent nearly made me break down laughing in the middle of work.

Yeah, that was great.

I can't wait for next month, which is also themed. APE-ril, with all ape-themed movies, starting with Dunstan Checks In.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Invalid Validation posted:

Those online shows disappearing into the ether is a bummer.

Yeah I saved two of them back when the service still “let you” right click and download the videos with a Firefox extension but they’ve amended that feature.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

dorium posted:

Yeah I saved two of them back when the service still “let you” right click and download the videos with a Firefox extension but they’ve amended that feature.

Just hit ctrl+I to open the page info, go to the media tab and select the mp4 file. Unless I missed one, this is what I did last time.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Some of them have come out as regular episodes a year or so later when they have gaps to fill, which is why I stopped buying the live ones. I can wait.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

For anyone who enjoys awkward conversations, you can now buy a DILF Den t-shirt:

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1641104100136833025?s=20

And I've had no problems grabbing the live shows with DownloadHelper while they're available as replays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
Which episode is the DILF Den stuff from? I keep seeing it referenced but I'm not sure where it's from.