Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

ikanreed posted:

No one seriously talks about brainwashing, it's always been a cognitive shortcut for not actually understanding why people believe what they believe.

Propaganda works, and socially reinforced propaganda works better, but there's no magic technique to control your thoughts.

I thought it was the excuse for why American troops were admitting to all of these war cimes they committed in Korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ikanreed posted:

No one seriously talks about brainwashing, it's always been a cognitive shortcut for not actually understanding why people believe what they believe.

Propaganda works, and socially reinforced propaganda works better, but there's no magic technique to control your thoughts.

you should read the essay then

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I refuse to ever read anything. I'm too smart for that poo poo

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't think the thread was intentionally killed
it's more likely the people in charge of it were just incompetent and accidents happened

Oneiros posted:

you gotta hand it to em, they know a genocide when they see one

Corky Romanovsky posted:

it's no laughing matter

concerning

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Corky Romanovsky posted:

it's no laughing matter

Lol good one

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
thank you stalin

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

this mf said "affected russian"

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

this guy did a video a month ago about that Florida man "Beau of the Fifth Column" being convicted in relation to 200 instances of trafficking young eastern European women

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

mark immune posted:

this mf said "affected russian"

English is like his 3rd or 4th language, I think we can give Stalin a break for a small grammatical error.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
that's not stalin that's bad empanada and ehhh

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
well, he's no stalin

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://mobile.twitter.com/BadEmpanada/status/1637171575152623618

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Stalin stays winning

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
:ghitler:

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Cuttlefush posted:

that's not stalin that's bad empanada and ehhh

Tricked again!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Corky Romanovsky posted:

this guy did a video a month ago about that Florida man "Beau of the Fifth Column" being convicted in relation to 200 instances of trafficking young eastern European women

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I hate stalin!!!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Futanari Damacy posted:

I hate stalin!!!

he's good

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

On one hand, he killed all the Nazis that America didn't save, on the other hand, he ate 30 million tons of raw grain that was supposed to go to Ukraine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you aint my bitch kulak, get your own drat grain

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

got this book today. I want to be like stalin - extremely full from eating loads of grain.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Updating my Pokedex

Drone_Fragger posted:

The balls you have to type this with a straight face and in good faith to boot. Didn't you tacitly allow (as in actually posted in them after knowing they exist to note how people were complaining about them) not one buy two "ironic" Holodomor denial threads in a sub forum you moderate? I assume that ironic jokes about 6 million people dying, as long as it's in the abstract, not specifically celebrated, is a-ok? Unbelievable.

Upgrade posted:

as someone who has had relatives die in the holocaust yes I think a having a joke thread about a genocide is impactful and harmful, and considering that the validity (and existence) of the genocide is being used as a way to cause drama on sa, I do think it’s current, too. but because you’ve rationalized it away (if you don’t like it don’t read it) I guess it’s ok. just because it isn’t the same as a car crash video where someone does doesn’t suddenly make it ok. more than one thing can be bad at the same time!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Updating my Pokedex

Where did 6 million come from lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Where did 6 million come from lol

I'm going to guess Holocaust denial?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What if somebody whose relatives died in the holocaust said the thread is good. What then. Do we compare numbers or what

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

What if somebody whose relatives died in the holocaust said the thread is good. What then. Do we compare numbers or what

my grandpa died in the bengal famine

he fell off a guard tower 😂

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Yes SAD is having a fun one but please don't directly link to syqs

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

top ten grain harvest FAILS

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

SorePotato posted:

On one hand, he killed all the Nazis that America didn't save, on the other hand, he ate 30 million tons of raw grain that was supposed to go to Ukraine

Look. Call me a tyrant. Call me a dictator. Call me whatever. Just don’t call me late to the entire grain harvest

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

some plague rats posted:

Updating my Pokedex
lol how does this still keep happening. like this is so staler than 100 year old bread but it somehow still tastes fresh out of the oven

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Xaris posted:

lol how does this still keep happening. like this is so staler than 100 year old bread but it somehow still tastes fresh out of the oven

Unlike the the bread the Ukrainians had, which was none because the holodomor happened.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

some plague rats posted:

nice av lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

[with the brainpan of a Canadian] i sometimes mix up the holocaust and the holodomor

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

[with the brainpan of a Canadian] i sometimes mix up the holocaust and the holodomor

there’s an easy mnemonic:

Holodomor I do abhor
But the holocaust is complicated

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Yes SAD is having a fun one but please don't directly link to syqs

Post your balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU