Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

muscles like this! posted:

Sellers on Amazon play multiple games to get good reviews. One is that they'll sell a cheap, impossible to screw up item and get good reviews for it. Then they'll do a trick where they'll keep the listing but change what the item is and keep all the good reviews. Another trick is to just straight up buy good reviews from customers. They'll send the item and enclosed in the package is a slip of paper saying "give us a five star review and we'll give you an Amazon gift card."

You can see it easily if you look at the reviews and half of them mention some unrelated product. I was also “gifted” a doorbell camera thing for a good review of some random item only I changed it to reflect that they paid me for the review afterward. The review was flagged and deleted and the camera thing they sent me required incredibly shady phone permissions to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

nexous posted:

Cursed are those who don’t have a container of flour

Flour, they just used powder.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

ReelBigLizard posted:

IMO when it's invented specifically to appease the tastes of the local culture, and doesn't get back-ported to the indigenous culture, it's fair to say it isn't authentic. It's just Chinese-American or Anglo-Indian or whatever. Theres nothing inherently wrong, better or worse about it, it's just different.

E: for the avoidance of doubt I'm saying what's cursed is caring about Authenticity as the sole arbiter of quality. It's ok to distinguish indigenous from diaspora culture, just not ok to discriminate based on it.

Is chicken katsu "authentic" Japanese food?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Maybe? Go down that road far enough and pasta ain't Italian so maybe it's not black and white and people shouldn't get too bent out of shape about it unless your culture is being misrepresented or insulted or w/e.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Oscar Wild posted:

How is this cursed? She only had angel hair and needed fettuccine

The resulting pasta is absolutely cursed. That poo poo was like half an inch thick.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

King Carnivore posted:

The resulting pasta is absolutely cursed. That poo poo was like half an inch thick.

What if she has Italian heritage?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hey, why is this cursed! if you look at the eye it is clearly very white and shiny, not cloudy and dry at all. It's clearly super fresh. :colbert:

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

ReelBigLizard posted:

What if she has Italian heritage?

Then it’s a staple of Cursed-Italian cuisine and deserves respect

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you call this authentic italian cuisine, and yet it all contains tomatoes - a vegetable that didn't even exist in italy until a mere 500 years ago

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
It’s a regional cuisine

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

ReelBigLizard posted:

Maybe? Go down that road far enough and pasta ain't Italian so maybe it's not black and white and people shouldn't get too bent out of shape about it unless your culture is being misrepresented or insulted or w/e.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
one of the best things about making fresh pasta is you roll it out with a pasta maker to get super thin and cut it perfectly. and then it cooks extremely fast. those thick noodles look horrible

this nice lady does it right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VmcDjPrx7k

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

King Carnivore posted:

It’s a regional cuisine

Uh-huh. Eh, what region?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Steamed hams probably weren't invented in Albany NY but who fuckin cares?

Some motherfucker can steam a good ham.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

literally said out loud "no fuckin way this isn't real this isn't real"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

According to one of the comments, it really isn't.

Well, it really happened, but that guy always there saying 'wow'? It's really might be all the same guy. He's a professional magician, he's got a loose network of associates, and they are trolling the hell out of the internet for clicks and profit: https://www.eater.com/2021/5/11/22430383/why-are-gross-viral-food-videos-popular-rick-lax-facebook-watch

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The majority of those terrible cooking videos are just to drive engagement. They make something purposefully bad to get people to comment and share so they can get ad money.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

you call this authentic italian cuisine, and yet it all contains tomatoes - a vegetable that didn't even exist in italy until a mere 500 years ago

Checks out, no tomatoes.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 20, 2023

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

It's true, that's really a response from the hit band Eve6

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Never really associated it before but thinking back yeah, this works.

Dr. Quarex posted:

I love this, thank you, I will keep this in mind when searching for tacos in Texas

If you're ever in Dallas, this place used to be literally inside the gas station across the intersection, but they moved during quarantine:
El Tacaso

That little square on the corner is it. You walk up. You order. You take your food walk away :colbert:

Slugworth posted:

Not sure if this holds for the UK, but a good Chinese restaurant in the US will always have a half filled fish tank with unbelievably filthy water. There may or may not be fish in it.

oh poo poo Freddy Wong actually looks like an adult man now... gently caress I'm old :corsair:

e:

Vakal posted:

Checks out, no tomatoes.

Picking up steaming hot pies with your bare hands like a loving boss :stare:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 20, 2023

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/PotatoesOGrady/status/1637568592169271297

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

How is this cursed? She only had angel hair and needed fettuccine

She sticks a fork into the running blender

Takes No Damage posted:

Never really associated it before but thinking back yeah, this works.

If you're ever in Dallas, this place used to be literally inside the gas station across the intersection, but they moved during quarantine:
El Tacaso

That little square on the corner is it. You walk up. You order. You take your food walk away :colbert:
I stopped by something like that on the way back from Yellowstone in the middle of nowhere in Idaho. Not exactly what you think of when talking about Mexican food but I'm guessing it was started by someone who came over for farming work initially and was super legit. The burrito I got was cheap and amazing.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 20, 2023

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

The impressive thing about Aussie KFC is that the unstoppable shits you get from a meal of dirty bird is somehow both boiling hot and freezing cold.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wiggity wiggity what the gently caress

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The forbidden fleshlight

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
forbidden fleshlight
small amounts of grease poured down a drain over time?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The absence of the ring is the real curse.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

I just shared this with my Italian brother-in-law in Rome. Italy will be declaring war on American white women very soon.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's a Pittsburgh toilet.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Eve6 is consistently the best account on Twitter.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

COVID really gave people a lot of free time. Some people spent it reexamining and changing their lives. Some came up culinary abominations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Automatic Slim posted:

Some people spent it reexamining and changing their lives.

Who?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Jorps?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I have heard a fairly compelling theory that those incredibly gross "food hack" videos where they seemingly make gross food purposely as squishily as possible get a lot ot hits becsuse theres some kind of foodplay fetish thing around it, so some are made intentionally for that, and some get hits because of it. Either way, the italian prison system has a special place for pasta defilers.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 20, 2023

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Eve6 is consistently the best account on Twitter.

I will sincerely miss all of the great content provided by the Heart in a Blender guy when Twitter finally shits the bed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I don’t get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I used to tell my Italian ex this all the time and she would get so mad at me