Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

fits my needs posted:

The latest round is expected to impact Amazon’s cloud computing, advertising, human resources and Twitch units.

drat, twitch?

Twitch actually loses money somehow

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Let's put some numbers behind the FRC bankrun:

quote:

First Republic, which is battling to restore investor confidence, has lost about $70bn of deposits since the start of the year when they totalled $176.4bn, according to one person briefed on the matter. The withdrawal figures were reported earlier by the Wall Street Journal.

The outflows have, however, slowed since First Republic announced $30bn in financial aid from 11 of the largest US banks, the Financial Times reported on Friday.

https://www.ft.com/content/b67d2ab3-03bc-49fd-ac60-887373a64137

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

goochtit posted:

What's next to pull out from the financial voodoo quiver?

how about : tiered currency. banks get special preferred dollars.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Cpt_Obvious posted:

can....can that happen? Do the puts just dissapear?

a bunch of people got hosed over with svb on this last week

puts don't disappear but they do expire. and their value derives ultimately from the ability to exercise them which may become very difficult for a delisted stock

normally options traders don't exercise the options themselves but a market maker will happily buy them off the trader so many didn't think about this

just goes to show, even if you predict what the market will do, doesn't mean you won't lose money

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

this person is legit cursed

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Dystopia Barbarian posted:

I would add that this ain't just truck dorks trying to look cool anymore, but truck suspensions are actually useful in many inner cities now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MzDA77sJk4

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

a bunch of people got hosed over with svb on this last week

puts don't disappear but they do expire. and their value derives ultimately from the ability to exercise them which may become very difficult for a delisted stock

normally options traders don't exercise the options themselves but a market maker will happily buy them off the trader so many didn't think about this

just goes to show, even if you predict what the market will do, doesn't mean you won't lose money

Do you have a link for this?

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

the outflows of horses have however, slowed since the barn door was closed

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cpt_Obvious posted:

https://twitter.com/AlderLaneEggs/status/1635753227852603393

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Cpt_Obvious posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-17/thousands-of-options-on-failed-banks-in-limbo-as-expiration-hits#xj4y7vzkg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe banks should have the ability to just print their own money

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Floor is lava posted:

this person is legit cursed

yeah but every thread needs its jester

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

SKULL.GIF posted:

We're seeing bank runs happen DESPITE infinite bailouts. This requires either even more drastic measures, or we're seeing a dozen banks pop this week.

some dude just came up to me in the street to tell me the banks are very stable.

weird.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bar Ran Dun posted:

last place I rented they wanted proof of after tax income 3X the rent lol.

The place I'm renting now did.

They also wanted like 1.5x rent in fees and deposits.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the cool thing about credit scores is they only matter if you want to take on debt, usually to buy a house. houses are unaffordable now, so i have no future use for a credit score. well played capitalists.

every corpo job i've taken ran my credit as part of the interview process - in my professional experience i have only seen one person with bad credit hired ever and it was because he was bilingual

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Centrist Committee posted:

yeah but every thread needs its jester

https://www.reddit.com/r/jobs/comments/rtgcl/i_have_a_highpaying_job_in_an_organization_based/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mad Wack posted:

every corpo job i've taken ran my credit as part of the interview process - in my professional experience i have only seen one person with bad credit hired ever and it was because he was bilingual

My credit has been bad for decades, and somehow I still find jobs.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

lol i dont think ive ever actually made 3x my rent

a toddler fell out of an unsafe third story window while we were there. nearly all the complex was six figgie households with kids. in retrospect it was insane watch the panic as they raised rates and well off folks realized they weren’t going to be allowed to or outright couldn’t afford to live there anymore. it was basically the temporary place for folks trying to buy. so this is all people looking to purchase 600,000+ homes.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

30-33% is pretty standard as "the number" for what you should be spending on housing. I remember being taught this as a kid.

I found the AI-rent article btw: https://www.propublica.org/article/yieldstar-rent-increase-realpage-rent

oh yeah it what one should be spending. But when rents fluctuate from 2000-4500 for the same unit within a year should be there is a lot of panic when that lease comes up.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The current case since 0915 is a guy trying to sue a timeshare company because he wanted a specific property on the fourth of July weekend, and it was booked, lol.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jerome's personal gremlin here to leak what the Fed is gonna do in 48 hours from now.

https://twitter.com/NickTimiraos/status/1637856879081668608

... Inconclusive

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

:emptyquote:

I live in Brooklyn and asking for tenants to prove 40x monthly rent is very normal

and if you don't have that, just get a guarantor that makes 80x the rent, easy peasy! let's see the average rent for a studio in manhattan now is like 3200 so just need a trusted friend who makes 250k a year np

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jerome's personal gremlin here to leak what the Fed is gonna do in 48 hours from now.

... Inconclusive

Hurt the rich or hurt the working class isn’t even a tough call for the Fed.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

last place I rented they wanted proof of after tax income 3X the rent lol.

I don’t think there was a time in my life I met this criteria. Gross income maybe

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

crazy how if you brought home like $150k 15 years ago you would be living large but now it grants you the privilege of renting the most bog-standard constructed in 1995 one bedroom apartment with beige floors and "luxury" stainless appliances (stainless being standard for like a decade+ now)

also to even be granted the privilege of renting you have to fork over like five loving grand, what the hell are you supposed to do if you're broke but working a decent job?

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

FlapYoJacks posted:

The current case since 0915 is a guy trying to sue a timeshare company because he wanted a specific property on the fourth of July weekend, and it was booked, lol.

lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Timeshare companies are all terrible and skeevy but god drat lmfao.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

... Inconclusive

they've already selected option "yes" lol. rate hikes and money hoses

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

crazy how if you brought home like $150k 15 years ago you would be living large but now it grants you the privilege of renting the most bog-standard constructed in 1995 one bedroom apartment with beige floors and "luxury" stainless appliances (stainless being standard for like a decade+ now)

also to even be granted the privilege of renting you have to fork over like five loving grand, what the hell are you supposed to do if you're broke but working a decent job?

youre supposed to get hosed op.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

option yes were going to destroy everything

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

lol i dont think ive ever actually made 3x my rent

If you do paying rent ain't one of your problems lol.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
continue to raise rates but continue infinite bailouts who says no

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Iron Crowned posted:

Just keep trying, I just landed a new job, and now all the other recruiters have started to try bringing me in for an interview. Like dude, you should have contacted me six weeks ago when I applied.

hey posting ally, I'm glad you got out

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

transcoding is expensive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

150K$ would have got you a really nice town house 15 years ago.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

As much as I want to see the hilarity of crazy landlady getting owned for cash, please do not dox yourself.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Glumwheels posted:

it’s loaded up with so many ads and payouts, how does it lose money wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesKPolk