Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

anakha posted:

lol Hawks. 80-pt first half, 24-pt lead, score 35 pts in the 2nd half in a loss to the Spurs.

Those Dejounte trade draft picks are looming.

Holy poo poo. Is that the most first half points ever scored in a loss?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
sup with this Austin Reaves fella

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
LeBron James trained him to be James Harden 2.0. Only half joking.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ew

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1637682102618542080

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
austin reaves gonna get caruso'd this off season

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Holy poo poo. Is that the most first half points ever scored in a loss?

Clippers also managed an 80-pt half in a 176-175 loss last month.

Denver scored 83 in a 162-158 no-OT loss in 1990.

anakha fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 20, 2023

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Of COURSE it was the 90s nuggets

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

runaway pancake posted:

austin reaves gonna get caruso'd this off season

Caruso only got caruso because the lakers actively refused to give him a contract....at a cheaper rate than the Bulls

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1637682102618542080

Come on man what are you even doing

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Tristan Thompson must be an amazing guy to hang out with because I don't know why else he keeps getting NBA contracts.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Declan MacManus posted:

mike breen 🤝 makima
“bang”

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It’s going to be interesting to see how the Grizzlies play once Ja is back. Maybe Jenkins has learned something about rotations and letting your best players play more than 28 minutes.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

It’s going to be interesting to see how the Grizzlies play once Ja is back. Maybe Jenkins has learned something about rotations and letting your best players play more than 28 minutes.

Has JJJ gotten any better at staying out of foul trouble?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

snyprmag posted:

Has JJJ gotten any better at staying out of foul trouble?

Not really, but he's probably better defensively.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

With Bamba out, AD is the only guy on the roster above 6'9". We need another backup big on the chance of foul trouble (or they hold AD out for another back to back)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
AR-15 has had a rough year and I'm glad to see the spotlight on him.

He went from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRR37-lHd0s

to

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1637669680428228608?s=46&t=mLlHkULTWtGiAcwn5da2fQ

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1637797194861297665

Sounds like running away from the grind talk to me.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Lockback posted:

Tristan Thompson must be an amazing guy to hang out with because I don't know why else he keeps getting NBA contracts.

I mean, the dude is also a pretty notorious playboy, so having a shitload of personal charisma probably scans.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dexo posted:

Da mien: Lil' 'ard.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Lillard is beginning to sound like Simon Bolivar in his later days; what a sad state of affairs.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dawgless behavior

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

With Bamba out, AD is the only guy on the roster above 6'9". We need another backup big on the chance of foul trouble (or they hold AD out for another back to back)

Yeah I don't think people know how dire the center market is out there. Even the G league is a dry well, the Lakers choices from there if they want a big are like Jayce Johnson and Leonard Miller and if they're willing to go small-guy-plays big it's basically Kenneth Faried. Yeah, that Kenneth Faried.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
no one wants to work anymore

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Veryslightlymad posted:

Da mien: Lil' 'ard.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dexo posted:

3.5 games out, 11 games left on the schedule. Just can't wait to go fishing I guess

edit: Oh are people interpreting this as him being ready to leave Portland. I thought he was talking about shutting down for the season

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 20, 2023

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Rick posted:

Yeah I don't think people know how dire the center market is out there. Even the G league is a dry well, the Lakers choices from there if they want a big are like Jayce Johnson and Leonard Miller and if they're willing to go small-guy-plays big it's basically Kenneth Faried. Yeah, that Kenneth Faried.

Yeah, I don't think the Bucks pick up Meyers Leonard if there were NBA centers readily available.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Grind 1
Dame 0

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Vinestalk posted:

Yeah, I don't think the Bucks pick up Meyers Leonard if there were NBA centers readily available.

Now explain Grayson.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Veryslightlymad posted:

Now explain Grayson.

well he's just unlikeable, he's never said the k slur, so it's more defensible to have him on the roster

having a punchable face and playing dirty does not exclude one from polite society

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

Also realistically having a guy who can come in and pick up the playbook/schemes without having to burn practice time getting someone up to speed is valuable. There isn't anyone sitting on their couch right now who would realistically move the needle in any event anyway.

If you end up in a situation where you are relying heavily on Triston Thompson you're probably already screwed.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I refuse to believe Tristan Thompson is a more productive basketball player in 2023 than Boogie Cousins.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I completely missed that the Hawks extended Bogdan thus continuing the trend of never trading players we all think they are trying to move

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Now explain Grayson.

I try not to waste time thinking about Grayson Allen

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

loving Let my people go moses brown continues to get 10 days despite being terrible. The pistons are probably going to give rhino omoruyi a guarantee

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

I try not to waste time thinking about Grayson Allen

I’m growing increasingly scared of the possibility of NBA Champion Grayson Allen

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’ve seen four different “Is it time to worry about [team]” articles today, welcome to the home stretch of the season

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kingcobweb posted:

I’m growing increasingly scared of the possibility of NBA Champion Grayson Allen

Hasn't that already happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
No he wasn’t on the Bucks when they won. Also I can still see him throwing a temper tantrum on the bench in college in my minds eye. God I hate him