Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

For the first, they did cheat it a bit in the edit. Brennan figured it out about halfway but Sam wouldn't let him answer.

I know Brennan has said that he figured it out halfway, but did they actually say that he guessed it out loud and edited it out? I thought he played along and spent the time mentally writing a grand finale speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I know Brennan has said that he figured it out halfway, but did they actually say that he guessed it out loud and edited it out? I thought he played along and spent the time mentally writing a grand finale speech.

I think in one of the D20 aftershows, Sam and Ally noted he knew but Sam wouldn't let him guess until they and Zac had gone.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

I think in one of the D20 aftershows, Sam and Ally noted he knew but Sam wouldn't let him guess until they and Zac had gone.

Someone cut together an edit of the Dimension 20 aftershow with the appropriate episode of Game Changer here, and yeah the impression I get is that Brennan had a good idea what was going on pretty quickly, but Sam just wouldn't let him guess until he felt the episode had gone long enough so Brennan just started playing up his anger after a while. He stops trying to logic out the answer about half way through the episode if I recall, which I assume is when he cottoned on to what was happening.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kexZC6icLK4

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

excuse me WHAT

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Four episodes. Utter madness.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He did have a 13 up his sleeve! :v:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is this the first time Tao has been on a Dropout show in a while? I don't remember seeing him on anything in the last year or two, though I don't watch everything. I also don't recognize a couple of the people there, Vic and Anna at all, and even Jacob has only been on a few things I've seen, though I've quite enjoyed him those few times to be fair. Is Dropout doing well enough for Sam to hire on more new people now on a permanent basis I wonder?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

tsob posted:

Is this the first time Tao has been on a Dropout show in a while? I don't remember seeing him on anything in the last year or two, though I don't watch everything. I also don't recognize a couple of the people there: Vic and Anna at all, and even Jacob has only been on a few things I've seen, though I've quite enjoyed him those few times to be fair. Is Dropout doing well enough for Sam to hire on more new people now on a permanent basis I wonder?

My understanding is that basically none of the on-screen talent are employees of the company. They are actors/comedians being hired for gigs. Then they generally film a few different shows in the time that they are there for.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

tsob posted:

Is this the first time Tao has been on a Dropout show in a while? I don't remember seeing him on anything in the last year or two, though I don't watch everything. I also don't recognize a couple of the people there, Vic and Anna at all, and even Jacob has only been on a few things I've seen, though I've quite enjoyed him those few times to be fair. Is Dropout doing well enough for Sam to hire on more new people now on a permanent basis I wonder?

I don't think any of these are ever permanent, more of a Law and Order situation where as long as it's going they're always going to need day players they know can perform.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

My understanding is that basically none of the on-screen talent are employees of the company. They are actors/comedians being hired for gigs. Then they generally film a few different shows in the time that they are there for.

I think Brenna maybe is employed by CH/Dropout just because he's got so much more to do with the planning and production of Dimension20 stuff, but even that might be more a longer-term contract than a gig.
He and Sam were guests on a charity stream I watched awhile back, Sam was giving Brennan a bit of grief about having a crappy chair and office setup. Sam told Brennan that the company could provide better stuff for Brennan since it was work- and health-related, that leads me to believe Brennan might be more of an employee but it also might be reading way too much into something that was said.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Vic and Anna have been on Make Some Noise, I believe. And maybe the musical show or Dirty Laundry?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm all-for another Survivor type thing. Seems like a mix of a bunch of different reality shows?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobulus posted:

I'm new to Dropout. My impression is that for Game Changer, it's usually Mondays, every other week, with behind the scenes stuff for the alternate weeks, right?

I'm curious why this four-parter is scheduled to start airing four weeks after the last episode, and on a Tuesday. I'm not complaining, just wondering if there's some logistical reason for it.

its a different show, like make some noise

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I see. I was thinking of it as a continuation of the season. That makes sense, thanks.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Ify is going to be the Brennan of the season, and it’s going to rule

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I was going to say that I wanted a dropout version of Taskmaster, but actually just I want Brennan on the OG UK Taskmaster.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol @ izzy's featured quote of "im starting to look stupid and crazy"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

the JJ posted:

I was going to say that I wanted a dropout version of Taskmaster, but actually just I want Brennan on the OG UK Taskmaster.

Have there been any non-British resident comedians on Taskmaster? Not every guest is well known, but they're all based in the UK for at least some of the year so far as I recall. Which isn't surprising I suppose, since they have to film the tasks over a few days and then the studio segments several weeks later, so someone commuting there is probably a big ask. I vaguely recall Sam acknowledging several other shows including Taskmaster have done the same "every episode is a different game" schtick in one of the Game Changer intros, so he probably knows about it and it'd be cool to see him pull several frequent guests on to do a Dropout take on the format at some point. If we're dream casting a Game Changer take on it with 5 guests as per the original then I think it'd have to include Izzy as well, just for the sheer rivalry and dramedy between Brennan and Izzy, along with Lou, Grant and maybe Erika?

tsob fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 20, 2023

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

IIRC if they are directing / producing their respective shows (like brennan is for d20, and I think Trapp / Lily for their respective shows) they are capital E employed by dropout rather than just being contractors since they are also doing logistical planning and stuff outside of the days of the shoot.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

DeathSandwich posted:

IIRC if they are directing / producing their respective shows (like brennan is for d20, and I think Trapp / Lily for their respective shows) they are capital E employed by dropout rather than just being contractors since they are also doing logistical planning and stuff outside of the days of the shoot.

My understanding was around when Covid happened the only employees other than Sam were crew and Brennan
In the 3 years since that may have changed but I'm also pretty sure that Trapp owns Umm actually himself and has a deal worked out with dropout to produce and air it

Edit: I just checked the discord: Sam confirmed 2 weeks ago that it's still just him and Brennan that you see on screen, but there are 13 others behind the scenes

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 20, 2023

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

tsob posted:

Tao was in a recently-released Dirty Laundry, Vic is great and has been on at least one older episode of Where in the World is Sarah Cincinnati as well as a Make Some Noise, and I absolutely cannot remember what I saw Anna on, but I do remember her face bc it's slightly weird.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

the JJ posted:

The throne definitely gives Taskmaster vibes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

CK07 posted:

Tao was in a recently-released Dirty Laundry, Vic is great and has been on at least one older episode of Where in the World is Sarah Cincinnati as well as a Make Some Noise, and I absolutely cannot remember what I saw Anna on, but I do remember her face bc it's slightly weird.

She was on make some noise and a recent dirty laundry as well

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Didn't they read out Grant's contract or something on Breaking News?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

kiminewt posted:

Didn't they read out Grant's contract or something on Breaking News?
True Facts pt 2, yes. Lily had thoughts.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
His contract for that specific shoot.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hey, Breaking News seems to be coming back soon.

https://twitter.com/samreich/status/1640370059804819456

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Who cares about these jokers? Bring us Amy!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Grant, Tao, Katie, and Raph are a pretty awesome group of anchors.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Katie is perfect on breaking news; she can say the most insane poo poo with the same tone you'd ask for a pen

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Xand_Man posted:

Katie is perfect on breaking news; she can say the most insane poo poo with the same tone you'd ask for a pen

It's amazing how unbreakable she is, considering that now we know she has a goddamn hummingbird heart.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Yeah I'm joking obviously. Amy's great but you shouldn't have more than an episode a season of her since she breaks the whole episode.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I'd love to see Izzy on there.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"more facts about grant anthony o'brien parts III, IV, V and VI"

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I hope there's another 'make Sam say awful poo poo".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

double nine posted:

"more facts about grant anthony o'brien parts III, IV, V and VI"

Bizarrely, Brennan is the reaction I remember most from those. Both the "diet Quibi" line, which was gold and "I'm... fifty?!?"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Brennan immediately jumping to the logistical nightmare that would be blowing 50 people in one night is incredible.

Also now I have more questions for Grant - so it was just some massive orgy in an abandoned warehouse? Who set it up? How did they get people for coat check? That sounds both expensive and time consuming to organize, was it a paid event or something? Why did they write a number on your naked body at all - is it for the coat check? Just…so many questions.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NieR Occomata posted:

Brennan immediately jumping to the logistical nightmare that would be blowing 50 people in one night is incredible.

Also now I have more questions for Grant - so it was just some massive orgy in an abandoned warehouse? Who set it up? How did they get people for coat check? That sounds both expensive and time consuming to organize, was it a paid event or something? Why did they write a number on your naked body at all - is it for the coat check? Just…so many questions.

I mean, eating 50 pussies would arguably be more exhausting. So I dunno if there's any combination that isn't mindblowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

kiminewt posted:

Yeah I'm joking obviously. Amy's great but you shouldn't have more than an episode a season of her since she breaks the whole episode.

I want to see Amy try Katie's technique of just dropping into the flattest possible affectation while talking, and just droning. I don't think it's the kind of thing that'd work for everyone, but it demonstrably works for Katie and I'm curious how successful it'd be for Amy. It has to be more successful than Amy's own technique, which lasted what...1 second? Less?