Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

Glancing around, there was a big scandal about the 2003 year at the air force academy, and some fellow wrote a book about the 90s there including sexual assault allegations (David Graney). Did they start to quash these sort of allegations?
nah i'm sure it was handled in a really cool manner and all the guilty parties quietly were brought to justice in line with restorative principles to the total satisfaction of the victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i dont think that is what happened at all, tenement fun star

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

TenementFunster posted:

nah i'm sure it was handled in a really cool manner and all the guilty parties quietly were brought to justice in line with restorative principles to the total satisfaction of the victims.

Oh good to hear. Lol nah I mean more than usual like say now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weka posted:

Glancing around, there was a big scandal about the 2003 year at the air force academy, and some fellow wrote a book about the 90s there including sexual assault allegations (David Graney). Did they start to quash these sort of allegations?

Why would they try to quash them. It's free advertising for exactly the kind of people they hope to attract. "Oh I can do sexual assault even before I'm deployed? SIGN ME THE gently caress UP!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm torn between not wanting to blame victims and asking why on earth do women keep entering the clearly labeled rape factory.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I wonder when there was more debate about this 20 years ago or whatever, how many generals opposed to women troops were thinking "They're all gonna get raped" but didn't have the stones to say it.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm torn between not wanting to blame victims and asking why on earth do women keep entering the clearly labeled rape factory.

I’m sure a huge proportion of middle america sees those armed forces rape statistics and assumes it must have been the taliban sneaking into bases at night to do sex crimes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Clark Nova posted:

I’m sure a huge proportion of middle america sees those armed forces rape statistics and assumes it must have been the taliban sneaking into bases at night to do sex crimes

That's completely ridiculous. They'd side with anyone even the taliban over women any day

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

smug jeebus posted:

I wonder when there was more debate about this 20 years ago or whatever, how many generals opposed to women troops were thinking "They're all gonna get raped" but didn't have the stones to say it.

Those generals opposed women troops because they see them as inferior and were thinking "They're all gonna get raped, because I am going to rape them"

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

or marrying troops for that matter

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

they do it for free college tuition

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

This also makes them immune to criticism

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

War and Pieces posted:

based on how few actually graduate from college, nah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

TenementFunster posted:

based on how few actually graduate from college complete more than a single semester, nah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This has nothing to do with sexual assault, but women enlist for the same reason as men enlist: they're poo poo.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This has nothing to do with sexual assault, but women enlist for the same reason as men enlist: they're poo poo.

Equality!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
There are a ton of conservative women who live to rally around are troops... it's seriously disgusting

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

There are a ton of conservative women who live to rally around are troops... it's seriously disgusting

That’s not really true, but go off King

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

you're an extremely weird poster and person

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Don't kink shame.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Weka posted:

Don't kink shame.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

lil poopendorfer posted:

go to any middle-class white suburb/exurb and check out the stickers on the back of midsize SUVs and minivans

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
You will address me by my husband's rank.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

You will address me by my husband's rank when you are loving me.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cat botherer posted:

You will address me by my husband's rank.

Dr. Commander in Chief

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

you will address me by my husband’s lover’s rank

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Subjunctive posted:

you will address me by my husband’s lover’s rank

Assistant manager(Waffle House) Murray

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

lil poopendorfer posted:

yes it is, if you ever left the basement you'd realize this

Weka
May 5, 2019

TenementFunster posted:

go to any middle-class white suburb/exurb and check out the stickers on the back of midsize SUVs and minivans

What do they say?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

lil poopendorfer posted:

lol yes it is

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

yes it is, if you ever left the basement you'd realize this

No it isn’t. Log off and touch grass, talk to other people, and you’ll find the world isn’t as scary as you think it is :)

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

:hmmyes: You can find most of them in the bars around Jacksonville NC, smoking Marlboro Reds and wearing belly shirts that show cesarean scars

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
what does that have to do with anything? are you being traumatized by the tummies?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1637245643444961283?s=20

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That's the price you pay for being at Ft. Hood.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was it hood or bragg that had scores of unsolved murders and nobody bats an eye

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Both, but Bragg wins out on both on the number of people and the grizzly cartel-style murders.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Better than cartel grizzly-style murders

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Cocaine Bear was a documentary :tbear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
The troops are more violent and emotionally stunted 14 y/o cartel sicarios