Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
these days if you remade Blood Manos it'd read "ALL minions (wherever they are)."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
There’s a fun bug with the Duels paladin ability that resurrects a minion with 1 health; it gives you two copies. Naturally I found this out because my opponent was running Elwynn Boar.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
would wildheart guff hero card in core be that bad without Brann? if they get rid of the OTK battlecry engine maybe it won't be so bad

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Starsfan posted:

would wildheart guff hero card in core be that bad without Brann? if they get rid of the OTK battlecry engine maybe it won't be so bad

Hmm. I'm going to say Wildheart Guff in the next core set would probably be somewhere close to fine, but not because they lose Brann. It's losing Jerry Rig Carpenter and the stupid amounts of reliable ramp that comes with it that would make Guff not be a "ten mana on turn 5" meme card that everyone hates. EDIT: And they're losing Scale of Onyxia too, which is the other big spell that negates all the downsides of spending your early turns on ramp. Point is, even if they kept Brann for easy stupid combo kills, they're still losing all the tools that made ramp druid safe at its peak.

Not that I expect them to actually put Guff in the next core set. Maybe in a few years, but not now.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 18, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Starsfan posted:

It honestly wouldn't, but I feel like if they made one hero card Core they'd kind of have to do them all, and then you just end up with a year that feels very similar to this past year. I think the core set is one of the best ideas they've had for Hearthstone, and such a great opportunity to freshen up the meta (honestly I think it should be shuffled around every 6 months) so it would be a shame if it just had a bunch of recent repeats. Maybe if we're talking several years down the road, idk.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My guess based off that wink wink description is that they’re not gonna add every hero card to core but instead a neutral legendary with a battlecry that adds your class hero card from Gryphon to your hand or deck or something

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if they do that at the very least I hope they make it random so half the time instead of Guff they get useless Malfurion

really I just want Druid to suffer for a while

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

goferchan posted:

It honestly wouldn't, but I feel like if they made one hero card Core they'd kind of have to do them all, and then you just end up with a year that feels very similar to this past year. I think the core set is one of the best ideas they've had for Hearthstone, and such a great opportunity to freshen up the meta (honestly I think it should be shuffled around every 6 months) so it would be a shame if it just had a bunch of recent repeats. Maybe if we're talking several years down the road, idk.

To be fair, Jaraxxus is core so that’s already one… but I get what you’re saying

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/hearthstone-monster-hunt-patch-data-mining-test-cards-slush-cards-more-arena-exclusives/

drat, this was a datamined card from 2018. Guess they've had the ETC idea kicking around for a while!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/hearthstone-monster-hunt-patch-data-mining-test-cards-slush-cards-more-arena-exclusives/

drat, this was a datamined card from 2018. Guess they've had the ETC idea kicking around for a while!

There's quite a few mechanics that came to be in that list (Rattlegore, "guess the discover and get a copy", reordering deck by cost). Also some of them I'd dread EVER showing up

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
lol they put Lucio in the game as a neutral minion

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Fear me, for I have made diamond with my slightly modified Hunter loaner deck. :toot:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

There’s a fun bug with the Duels paladin ability that resurrects a minion with 1 health; it gives you two copies. Naturally I found this out because my opponent was running Elwynn Boar.

I know Blizzard doesn't give a poo poo about Duels at this point but it's loving wild that a format that you can pay to play still has this bug days later

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
This season is getting to be a real grind for me, I've now played 22 games just at Diamond 9 and Diamond 8.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

looks like Shaman is getting an Overload package

neat

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Jazz theme: I dunno, do overload again I guess

Hopefully the new Core puts in Totem Golem or something, because the current selection of overload cards ain’t good. It’s one of those mechanics Blizzard forgets about for years on end until they run out of ideas for Shaman and return to the well.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

bravesword posted:

Jazz theme: I dunno, do overload again I guess

Jazz is about the mana crystals you don't play.

EDIT: Anyway, I guess I'm just hoping there's more good big spells in this set, because I'm willing to be surprised but the options Shaman have to cheat out with their new weapon don't seem particularly thrilling.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 20, 2023

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Literally cackling, rogues get a legendary spell that returns all friendly minions to your hand and they cost 1 each this turn. Legendary Shadowstep. Also it has the best name.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
RIP Daring Escape, brutally murdered

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I'm really going to miss Guff, and I hope they keep Brann. Just finished a fun game against frost aggro DK where I survived on 1, then did the full combo for exact lethal. Quest Druid is very fun to play.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
folks we've done it

we've found the Wrongest Opinion

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Julio Cruz posted:

folks we've done it

^this. gently caress Guff.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
In case you were worried, Leo Robles confirmed on Twitter that Bounce is not generatable. Which is good, because it would be obscenely broken with School Teacher otherwise.

They also announced that the Core Set would get revealed later this week, and Chakki obliquely confirmed that Ancestral Knowledge would be in it with reduced overload.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I wonder if they're removing shadowstep from core, since they revealed two replacements. When they removed eviscerate, they immediately printed wicked stab.

Also wondering if there'll be a rogue location that's about stepping or bouncing

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Julio Cruz posted:

folks we've done it

You may not like it, but I'm out here doing yeoman's work feasting on BBB DK. For the community, and because having do-nothing decks concede after a T6 Pathmaker for crystals into Guff is a sweet feeling.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

victorious posted:

This season is getting to be a real grind for me, I've now played 22 games just at Diamond 9 and Diamond 8.

...and then a 6-win streak to D5. All it took was a little whining.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

So this is what happens when a buffed hydralodon meets that DK spell that deals 1 damage and keeps going as long as you have corpses to spend.

He got up to 32 but I didn't get a chance to play him because my opponent disconnected. :saddowns:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Hello time traveller. In our version of 2023 denathrius is nerfed

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

fanny packrat posted:

You may not like it, but I'm out here doing yeoman's work feasting on BBB DK. For the community, and because having do-nothing decks concede after a T6 Pathmaker for crystals into Guff is a sweet feeling.

the irony of Druid calling something else a "do-nothing deck"

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Wronchi status: still a goldmine every video

https://youtu.be/tW24HQ0dMRM

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Anyone have a good one-and-done list for this Temporus tavern brawl?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Sloppy posted:

Anyone have a good one-and-done list for this Temporus tavern brawl?

Mech Mage knocked it out quickly for me.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

Hello time traveller. In our version of 2023 denathrius is nerfed

I think it shows how many more are required for the next trigger. After the next minion dying it would show Endlessly Infuse (2) again.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oenis posted:

I think it shows how many more are required for the next trigger. After the next minion dying it would show Endlessly Infuse (2) again.

Ah. I'd assumed he meant it as a "that's nice honey but back in MY day that would have been twice as big!" :corsair:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Oenis posted:

I think you're right. I was looking at that picture for like 5 minutes trying to think why it would say 1 and the very obvious reason never crossed my mind

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I was playing burgle Rogue VS blood DK in a very fun, extended slugfest... he had just played Astalor but I had 3 copies of Astalor 3 in hand and was ready to burn him down, then I played a Tess that recast a Whirlpool I forgot I played earlier in the game and destroyed all my copies. Honestly might be the most embarrassing thing I've done in my entire HS career.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Huh. Ok then

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That's a card that existed as a name first.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I wonder if Rag is back on the core set.
Also if he's good enough to see play, even at 5 mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RatHat posted:

Huh. Ok then

but jive doesn't rhyme with live