Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lumpentroll posted:

thats funny from you

i don't get your implication

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Plinkey posted:

you wouldn't

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Plinkey posted:

wut

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DryGoods posted:

you wouldn't

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

giving someone extra money so they give me things "this person is my friend"

Around the late 19th/early 20th century middle class Americans with new access to "restaurants" found tipping to be bizarre and confusing and generally they hated it. However waitstaff were adamantly opposed to the elimination of tipping, largely because at the time there was no "minimum wage" concept and they pretty much survived on tips.

I suggest my friend that you ask your cousin how they feel about getting tips for pretzels and kolache.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

emfive posted:

Around the late 19th/early 20th century middle class Americans with new access to "restaurants" found tipping to be bizarre and confusing and generally they hated it. However waitstaff were adamantly opposed to the elimination of tipping, largely because at the time there was no "minimum wage" concept and they pretty much survived on tips.

I suggest my friend that you ask your cousin how they feel about getting tips for pretzels and kolache.

might want to look into that history a bit more friend

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
like does one get grumped up before coming to the trump thread, or is it the trump thread that makes posters grumpy

personally when i see that dumb bastar'ds smiling face i cannot help but smile and yes my monitor is working correctly

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the milk machine posted:

i always wonder if posters here just like to have a place to be grumpy and do like a feelings dump or do they just go around grumpin' all day

this is the friendly thread

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

DryGoods posted:

duck behind the IK Table, A Bakers Cousin

i'm getting you through the night in one piece

might need more than a table...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

lol when was the last time anyone ever gave this much of a poo poo what the former prez was up to?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the milk machine posted:

i always wonder if posters here just like to have a place to be grumpy and do like a feelings dump or do they just go around grumpin' all day

A Baker's Grumpin

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

umm I have looked at that history, quite a bit actually.

Wonder why the Automat became so popular?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

CODChimera posted:

this is the friendly thread

it seems like flaming and trolling should be properly posted in fyad, u know?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

RealityWarCriminal posted:

everything is profoundly dumb but if i dont think too hard about the future sometimes its alright

Yup

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

emfive posted:

you lived it

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

*laying 5 Crisp Dollar Bills on the table and removing one each time a post disappoints me*

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Trump will never be defeated

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Me, using the word "woke" like a kid that just learned the word motherfucker:

"Wow Mac and Cheese is so motherfucker."

(this also implies said kid is unaware of the 40s Jazz use of the word where it was a positive connotation.)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the milk machine posted:

it seems like flaming and trolling should be properly posted in fyad, u know?

arent fyad all super friendly to each other?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Nice to see the feds finally doing something to support active transportation

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

and sheetz

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Thank you for saying "friend" however, I neglected to mention it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tips are dumb, they should just pay people more

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

you lived it

I am not 100% positive but I may have been taken by one or more parents to the last Automat in Manhattan when I was a kid, I can't tell if it's an invented memory or not

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you are not supposed to actually eat food from sheetz

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

CODChimera posted:

arent fyad all super friendly to each other?

i think so? i heard it's a good place to show up if you want to hang out with friends

that said, at least in the past it was the correc tlocation for flame wars on the fora

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

here's a Tip for you: next time bring me my drink faster

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the milk machine posted:

like does one get grumped up before coming to the trump thread, or is it the trump thread that makes posters grumpy

personally when i see that dumb bastar'ds smiling face i cannot help but smile and yes my monitor is working correctly

i always fully charge my grump crystal before posting

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

emfive posted:

I am not 100% positive but I may have been taken by one or more parents to the last Automat in Manhattan when I was a kid, I can't tell if it's an invented memory or not

lol

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

A Bakers Cousin posted:

paying someone an extra dollar to hand me a bottle of beer is praxis

Extra dollar?
Where you drinking at?
Ain't seen Buck a Beer since 2008 kareoke PBR tall boy night.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Lol our local busybodies are mad that children are exposed to Captain Underpants

they better not try to come after quailman

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

uhhh

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

petit choux posted:

And licensed nurses really running everything, yup

They don’t and are great. Mostly. But they seldom moonlight as dulas or midwives. And the standard if care calls for someone trained in obstetrics (we were discussing a county that is going to stop delivering babies because they will go to jail if they ever try to save a ladies life.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

lol that UNGH at the end

really wish the hot mic didn't cut off. bet he had lots of fun things to say about the Pastor's for Trump

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

euphronius posted:

supporting your local bodega is good actually

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

MLK Ultra posted:

Extra dollar?
Where you drinking at?
Ain't seen Buck a Beer since 2008 kareoke PBR tall boy night.

the extra dollar was the tip?

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

DryGoods posted:

here's a Tip for you: next time bring me my drink faster

Sit at the bar.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

emfive posted:

OK, A Bakers Cousin, let me clarify. Also if you are in fact a "baker's cousin" I want you to know that I respect your cousin, and by extension of course, you, though as a fellow poster I already respect you anyway.

I am nice to bartenders and tip them because they are hard workers. I am a customer with the ability to pay for drinks. When I show them respect and tip well, they remember me. At random times they may comp me a drink. When they do, I will generally tip them an amount that coincides with the cost of the free drink.

By doing that, I route the money I'm spending around the capitalist that runs the establishment directly to the pockets of the worker behind the bar.

This is how capitalism will fall.

good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

A Bakers Cousin posted:

the extra dollar was the tip?

The /whoosh/ sound was the beer being tossed above my head.