Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

anime was right posted:

Rich people have an enormous amount of cash they're afraid to lose

It is now national policy that they cannot lose a cent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Kreeblah posted:

I think you're the first person I've ever seen who has an IAPP cert. I've thought about doing a couple of them (CIPP and CIPM), but I've never, ever seen anybody acknowledge that they exist. Granted, my background's in infosec rather than legal (albeit one where I've worked closely with our attorneys on poo poo), but I'd still think that somebody out there would care about them somehow.

Have you seen anybody hiring who knows enough about the CIPP to ask for it?

There's plenty of job postings on the web (LinkedIn and indeed). None of have actually led to anything.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

net work error posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
just realized we might actually see money supply start cratering with interest rates the way they are lol, basically halfyway back to where it "should" have been

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1637819382364504064

Jpow sailing down the Dnieper River becoming more furious and despondent at each passing potemkin job opening.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

anime was right posted:

Rich people have an enormous amount of cash they're afraid to lose

net work error posted:

ok so the united states has guaranteed that it will bail out its wealthiest individuals and entities no matter the scenario

what happens next

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I love this title. Also he returned because he is the archetypal Merchant all other merchants aspire to. He simply traded a few years here and there.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hubbert posted:

what happens next

Bitcoin

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

For sale: Hard hats, never worn

lol thats awesome. i can say i played a role in a certain city's hq2 pitch that completely ate poo poo as i knew it would.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Hubbert posted:

ok so the united states has guaranteed that it will bail out its wealthiest individuals and entities no matter the scenario

what happens next

If you make less than a milli you get to eat poo poo for the rest of your life.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Gildiss posted:

Jpow sailing down the Dnieper River becoming more furious and despondent at each passing potemkin job opening.

bad faith, in MY capitalism? no way man

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

actionjackson posted:

thanks! yeah it's with radiation oncology data. I had been working with solid organ transplant data in my current job for the last >7 years

Neat, which uni? UCLA? Berkeley? Radonc is a very small community as a heads up.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

dk2m posted:

to be very, very clear - hyperinflation can only exist in countries that take on foreign debt. america, due to its unique position of being a reserve currency, will never experience it.

dk2m posted:

to be very, very clear - hyperinflation can only exist in countries that take on foreign debt. america, due to its unique position of being a reserve currency, will never experience it.

ive been thinking about this (old-ish) claim. the second our huge trade deficits stop being denominated in dollars, this stops holding true and its on - right?

its plausible that conflict with china continues to brew and they offer to keep exporting goods but they have to be paid for in hard assets or yuan directly - and what are we going to do for the rmb? a constant outflow for useless consumer goods might as well be war debt or whatever

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

:hmmyes:

this is good for bitcoin

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Justin Tyme posted:

crazy how if you brought home like $150k 15 years ago you would be living large but now it grants you the privilege of renting the most bog-standard constructed in 1995 one bedroom apartment with beige floors and "luxury" stainless appliances (stainless being standard for like a decade+ now)

also to even be granted the privilege of renting you have to fork over like five loving grand, what the hell are you supposed to do if you're broke but working a decent job?

No more SROs. Not even a decent flophouse to lay your head on the cheap. Even fleabag motels approach apartment rents when you factor all of the weekly payments.

So it's a)live at home with your parents and pray they haven't done a HELOC or reverse mortgage (lol), b)share an apartment with 4 or more people and live out your college days in perpetuity, c)pitch a tent at your nearest skid row, or d)blow your brains out and ragequit from this hellworld server.

net work error posted:

If you make less than a milli you get to eat poo poo for the rest of your life.

It's not even good poo poo. Just poo poo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, they're just leaving it like that?

I hope it becomes a homeless encampment.

Once things slide enough you'll see building sites stripped for the materials so people can build their shanty towns.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

the popes toes posted:

How can we get rich without free money to finance our adventures? This is not what we mean by disrupt.

Banditry.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Hubbert posted:

what happens next

Economy crashes, takes a lot of poor people with it (fdic gets insured though) causing rampant inflation as wealthy assets are untouched and able to sweep up the remains. Income inequality exasperates to unprecedented historical levels

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hubbert posted:

what happens next

Well who wants to hold a reserve currency that gets massively devalued on a whim other than vassal states?

Petroyuan baby.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
why does the working class, the larger of the two classes, not simply eat the rich?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

weird thats not how i remember it, pretty sure nobody had any savings left 1.5 years ago
https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1471903125971910665

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Delta-Wye posted:

why does the working class, the larger of the two classes, not simply eat the rich?

Monopoly of force.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
its cause the working class think they will be rich one day

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

FlapYoJacks posted:

I covered that with my opening statement. She claimed:
- Needed more time.
- It was the holidays
- I was sick
- I didn't have a car.

All in the same sentence. When I mentioned that the date on the deduction list was at 19 days, but the postmark was at 25 days, she didn't have a response.

Your posts detailing this saga is a beacon of light in this highly cursed thread. Thank you.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

its cause the working class think they will be rich one day

at the rate things are going, we're all gonna be millionaires soon :getin:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
off to the store for eggs

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Delta-Wye posted:

not hungry enough

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
rich people are gross

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Delta-Wye posted:

at the rate things are going, we're all gonna be millionaires soon :getin:

Spend some of your millions on a solid pair of boots a cobbler can repair. If supply chains collapse you don't want to be barefoot.

Goym Jabbar
Mar 19, 2023

Delta-Wye posted:

because you can buy one half to fight the other for cheap

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

DancingShade posted:

Monopoly of force.

there are nearly 400,000,000 guns in the united states

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Spoondick posted:

there are nearly 400,000,000 guns in the united states

Yea but they're all owned by gun channel youtubers.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/markets/status/1638024143311368194?s=20

:lol:

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

What savings? The couple grand of stimi checks? The unemployment benefits that ended 2 years ago?

And honestly what wages? Sure I guess I saw a spike in the lowest paying jobs, like I saw fast food places in my area advertising as high as like 18 bucks, but that's still not enough money to have hoarded some sort of imaginary warchest. A lot of people even lost money, I know my wife's university cut salaries by almost 10% across the board, those never came back. My job didn't cut wages per se but they did put a freeze on raising them ("due to hard times") and changed various corporate policies that were all effective pay cuts nothing huge but just getting nickeled and dimed.

Did tech just boom so hard everyone's estimates are way off or is this just something all financial reporting has decided to lie about for reasons?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Now it will only take 7 idiots to collapse the economy instead of 300. Oh look, a vacancy on the fed board opened up in February. I wonder if Biden can ram a sensible boob through the Senate approval process. Otherwise, the nomination might get passed to Trump.

It's like a nexus of incompetence is coalescing right before our eyes.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

mdemone posted:

we are way the hell out in parameter space. some poo poo went wrong, possibly in early 2015.

the nature of a chaotic system is that it will eventually go hog loving wild

2000 was the pivot point
all of this is the result of the stolen election

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Twerk from Home posted:

didn't you hear, we have an infinite amount of cash

the debt limit doesn't matter, they're going to just print money

biden is going to mint the coin using platinum
later, we're going to find out ea-nasir sold him the platinum at a discount

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Centrist Committee posted:

vote blue to ensure access to fdic deposit insurance

Vote blue no matter who(se deposits are being ensured by the public purse)

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PoundSand posted:

What savings? The couple grand of stimi checks? The unemployment benefits that ended 2 years ago?

And honestly what wages? Sure I guess I saw a spike in the lowest paying jobs, like I saw fast food places in my area advertising as high as like 18 bucks, but that's still not enough money to have hoarded some sort of imaginary warchest. A lot of people even lost money, I know my wife's university cut salaries by almost 10% across the board, those never came back. My job didn't cut wages per se but they did put a freeze on raising them ("due to hard times") and changed various corporate policies that were all effective pay cuts nothing huge but just getting nickeled and dimed.

Did tech just boom so hard everyone's estimates are way off or is this just something all financial reporting has decided to lie about for reasons?

unlimited free money in 2020 finally detached the markets completely from anything to do with reality and the people in charge are loving stupid

now the people in positions of power that are making decisions about the economy are stumbling around like cavemen beating charts with wooden clubs when the economy has basically turned into bitcoin trading

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Mar 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

DancingShade posted:

Yea but they're all owned by gun channel youtubers.

And a few, I assume, are owned by TFRers.