Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

Oh I know. But usually it's been spoilered or on some imgur gallery you'll never find without the link. Not just, you know, right there on Twitter.

Oh, I see what you mean. XIV Twitter can be a weird place. There are a lot of people who play it fast and loose with things like that alongside people who are really strict about spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Onean posted:

Sneak peek of a new feature the devs managed to somehow keep hidden. Edit: wtf Twitter, there's nothing sensitive, it's just a video of skateboarding
https://twitter.com/lizardlith/status/1637959186423205888?t=XY_gSZD5EzOlVfLE0O2UkA&s=19

(This is a joke, just so I don't disappoint anyone.)

Man, all those people mad about the Nier crossover are gonna hate the Metal Gear one.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Cleretic posted:

Man, all those people mad about the Nier crossover are gonna hate the Metal Gear one.

Hrmm..project METEOR??!!!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Manderville weapons stage 3: Project Meatier

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cleretic posted:

But enough about the Crystal Braves :eng99:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I had nearly forgotten about the mgs2 substance skating minigame until you forced open those memories

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ConanThe3rd posted:

But enough about the Crystal Braves :eng99:

Ilberd Feare Solid

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

Tony Yol or Tony Zu surely.

Tony Lanner

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cleretic posted:

Ultima Weapon is basically a fancy Metal Gear, Snake could take it out.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Revengeance.

MOOGLES ARE CRUEL, JACK
AND I'M VERY IN TOUCH WITH MY INNER KUPO

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Talking about Ultima Weapon, started progging UWU about 3 night a week, and we just got past Jails a couple of times yesterday. Although it has its fair amount of jank, it feels less janky than UCOB so far. UCOB will always have a special place in my heart but I'm so glad to be done with it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Ultima Weapon is basically a fancy Metal Gear, Snake could take it out.

Might be hard pressed to survive ultima.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ConanThe3rd posted:

Might be hard pressed to survive ultima.

He just needs to get thrown off a bridge before the cast bar finishes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I still believe with all my heart that the weapon's refrain katana model deserves to be used somewhere else

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Speaking of katanas, why have we yet to see one that comes with a wakizashi?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Because samurai don’t hold two things

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
if you want to hold two stabbers, you go play ninja

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There should be another job that holds two things so another one can get use out of the offhand slot (corsair give me corsair with a flintlock and cutlass)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Now that they've fixed the annoyance with PLD sword/shield being separate drops, they should split the RDM weapon. And NIN.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Add 2 more weapon slots so SGE can mix and match their nouliths.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Give Ninjas a throw command that permanently discards their weapon and switches them to pugilist w/ emperor's new fists equipped.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Grayshift posted:

Give Ninjas a throw command that permanently discards their weapon and switches them to pugilist w/ emperor's new fists equipped.

Oh I'd love to see somebody do that and then drop to level 1 because they never leveled pugilist, nice troll.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

might actually be a cool pvp mechanic to throw something and have to go pick it up and/or die before it restocks.

so it'll never happen lol

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Besides, Ninja already has a throw poo poo button, it just throws those lovely little ninja knives and I think the AOE version combos off another weaponskill/ability.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Glamourer makes it way easier to wear gear you don’t have in game yeah. It’s persistent and you can link certain looks to jobs. Anamnesis can also do it of course but it’s a separate program and also unloads all changes when you hit a loading screen.

Personally I only use Glamourer to wear a couple of modded items, one of which is modded over a PVP weapon I can’t be assed to grind Wolf Marks for on my alt and the other of which is modded over the Moogle Earring, which you can only get if you were Japanese and preordered ARR in like 2013.

I have no idea why the modder made that choice.

First time I've heard of Glamourer. Is it just a persistent version of anamnesis, basically? or is it like a modded glam system so you can just set whatever you want to that item set and it works like normal glams?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thumbtacks posted:

First time I've heard of Glamourer. Is it just a persistent version of anamnesis, basically? or is it like a modded glam system so you can just set whatever you want to that item set and it works like normal glams?

It's a less pretty anamnesis with the ability to make "fixed designs" which you can set class by class, or on all of them.

So say you wanted your dancer to use the lunar chakrams no matter what you had equipped, or you missed a preorder bonus earring you like the look of, you could make a fixed design.

I really love it tbh. I used it to go through the stormblood Hildebrand with npc Doma gear and it really fit!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 21, 2023

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's a less pretty anamnesis with the ability to make "fixed designs" which you can set class by class, or on all of them.

So say you wanted your dancer to use the lunar chakrams no matter what you had equipped, or you missed a preorder bonus earring you like the look of, you could make a fixed design.

I really love it tbh. I used it to go through the stormblood Hildebrand with npc Doma gear and it really fit!

oh that's great, I will look into that. One nice thing about anamnesis was changing your race and I like using it to test potential fantasias (i should really stop buying those) but I don't use them THAT much and doing it for gear is much better.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thumbtacks posted:

oh that's great, I will look into that. One nice thing about anamnesis was changing your race and I like using it to test potential fantasias (i should really stop buying those) but I don't use them THAT much and doing it for gear is much better.

If you have any questions let me know, Glamourer isn't as user friendly as Anamnesis either lol The discord has a good faq spot however!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zeruel posted:

Revengeance.

MOOGLES ARE CRUEL, JACK
AND I'M VERY IN TOUCH WITH MY INNER KUPO

JUST LIKE THE GOOD OL DAYS AFTER THE 7TH UMBRAL CALAMITY.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

HackensackBackpack posted:

Speaking of katanas, why have we yet to see one that comes with a wakizashi?

Who knows when it will be added to the game, but the SAM winner from the design-a-weapon contest is this

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm pretty sure if you try to do a MGS nemesis team in FF you just get Gaius/Nero/Livia/Rhitatyn, particularly with the glow-up in mechanics they got in the updates. Unless that's the joke.

(Been a while since I've run Prae to see the new Nero/Gaius, but I love that Livia and Rhitatyn are now used as a way to introduce modern mechanics and markers but do so by going all-out a step beyond anything the player's seen in ARR. Livia covering the field in markers so you need to be thinking of where to move in the middle of it, Rhitatyn making you dodge Exaflares, fun stuff.)

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Thumbtacks posted:

You can do this with Glamourer too, a button click to change your race. Or sex.
There's also Palette+ that let you change your colors in ways the aesthetician can only dream of, in that you can directly set RGB colors.

One thing tho (and this goes for using Anamnesis as well), never ever apply anything at the aesthetician while you have a fixed design enabled. There's not so much error checking there and the game can and will save invalid combinations, or colors you couldn't pick from the actual UI, and other people can see it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

parasyte posted:

You can do this with Glamourer too, a button click to change your race. Or sex.
There's also Palette+ that let you change your colors in ways the aesthetician can only dream of, in that you can directly set RGB colors.

One thing tho (and this goes for using Anamnesis as well), never ever apply anything at the aesthetician while you have a fixed design enabled. There's not so much error checking there and the game can and will save invalid combinations, or colors you couldn't pick from the actual UI, and other people can see it.

yeah i got banned for that a few years ago, i used CE to hex edit my hair color at the aesthetician and got owned for it but they did patch it so that's good. i wish id known about mods it would have made my life a lot easier instead of going the insane route for it

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thumbtacks posted:

yeah i got banned for that a few years ago, i used CE to hex edit my hair color at the aesthetician and got owned for it but they did patch it so that's good. i wish id known about mods it would have made my life a lot easier instead of going the insane route for it

People would do this on Xbox Live and get banned for it, I remember. After they added those little 360 avatar guys they’d mod their profile data to give them neon green skin or whatever and be amazed that XBL hit them with a console ban.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The main thing that Anamnesis can do that Glamourer can’t is Gpose tools. Glamourer just lets you change appearance, Anamnesis gives you custom control over posing and time of day etc.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

People would do this on Xbox Live and get banned for it, I remember. After they added those little 360 avatar guys they’d mod their profile data to give them neon green skin or whatever and be amazed that XBL hit them with a console ban.

all things considered i got off extremely lucky and i was being a dick and showing it off constantly, i thnk it was only like a 1-2 week ban and they made me change it out. could have been much worse

but i did get this image out of it which makes me laugh every time, i think i tried to give myself a haircut that didn't exist

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/b5669e60dafb4535df7aa6bcd0b07b3650f15d24

quote:

In order to deliver an optimal gaming experience for future updates, we will be upgrading the hardware of our North American data centers. An extended period of maintenance will be scheduled for all Worlds while the equipment is being replaced.

All content on North American data centers (Aether/Crystal/Dynamis/Primal), including character data, will be automatically transferred to the new servers. No changes will be made to the Data Center/World Selection screens, nor to any character or World data. The physical location of all data centers will remain unchanged and the FINAL FANTASY XIV Development and Operations teams will exercise the utmost care in ensuring all data is safely and successfully transferred. Players will not be required to take any action following this hardware update.
Maintenance During Hardware Replacement

In order to safeguard against any potential errors while transferring data to the upgraded hardware, all Worlds across all physical and logical data centers will undergo maintenance during the period listed below:

From Monday, April 3, 2023 at 3:00 a.m. to Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* This maintenance is scheduled to coincide with the Patch 6.38 update.

We apologize for the extended time required for this maintenance and thank you for your patience and understanding.

woo! I wonder if we see any improvements from this? I'm happy even if not in the near term, since they're investing more money into their hardware, which is a good sign.

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 22, 2023

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

biceps crimes posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/b5669e60dafb4535df7aa6bcd0b07b3650f15d24

woo! I wonder if we see any improvements from this? I'm happy even if not in the near term, since they're investing more money into their hardware, which is a good sign.
Probably no improvement in day to day gameplay, I think it's strictly a move to avoid repeating the situation of login queues crashing during endwalker

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We're not expecting anything in the .38 patch, are we? Possibly some balance changes and "this gear's now dyable" sorts of small things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Zanael posted:

Probably no improvement in day to day gameplay, I think it's strictly a move to avoid repeating the situation of login queues crashing during endwalker

I though they'd already fixed that issue (and it was traced back to a 1.0-era bug)