Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The owl's name is Luffy... I don't know what to do with this information

Hoot Hoot Hoot he took a bite of gum gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Apparently genderbend Ryuji will just become Chie 2.0

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Item Getter posted:

though given that it's a mobile game I'm sure it's going to be balanced by gacha, making the game insanely grindy if you don't get the in-app pruchases, or some other scummy F2P monetization model.

a friend of mine thinks they might just go the "Mobile ports of Ace Attorney games" route and section off each dungeon/segment/month as a separate purchase

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I wish we could retroactively replace Mona with the Cute lil owl guy who is a kamen rider with an SD gundam for a stand.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Protag's codename is "Wonder". Protag Persona is Jánošík.

Sporty girl is Arai Suwa. Codename is "Closer". Persona's name is Awilda.

Luffy's codename is "Cattle". Persona is Rob Roy.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think it's actually Luffel? Ruffel? something like that. Around here: https://youtu.be/bgRg-6-0YY8?t=89 he says "Fukurou de ha nai, washi ha ruferu da" フクロウではない、わしはルフェルだ (I'm not an owl, I'm Luffel)

I'm intrigued but at the same time, I am suspicious of how much of an asset flip it is.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s like if you were in a foreign country and walked into a restaurant and it was very clearly just McDonalds but with everything named slightly different and clearly inferior (“Welcome to MacDoonals, home of the Large MacSando and MacChucks o’ Chicken!”), but then you look up who owns it later and it’s just McDonalds????

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I bet Luffy would let me stay up past my bedtime.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Electric Phantasm posted:

I bet Luffy would let me stay up past my bedtime.

I bet Luffy wouldn't be dumb as hell and create the segment of the game with the worst pacing that manages to also flub another character's introduction which was already scuffed for being so goddamn late into the game.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Weird, I expected a monkey.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

HootTheOwl posted:

Weird, I expected a monkey.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Whats this about SMT 5 on PC? I assume its gonna happen bc of the Microsoft/Sega partnership, but all I can source is weird AI clickbait. Id get a Steam Deck just for this for the graphical upgrade and achievements alone

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

wizard2 posted:

Whats this about SMT 5 on PC? I assume its gonna happen bc of the Microsoft/Sega partnership, but all I can source is weird AI clickbait. Id get a Steam Deck just for this for the graphical upgrade and achievements alone

Short version: a "tripping some red flags" portrait of an alleged leak is going around that mentions SMTIV+A, SMTV, and a third one I forget, I only saw the image as discussion on Discord where people were picking it apart. Another thing people are calling out is that it suggests it will go to MS platforms, Steam, and Switch, with no Sony mention at all.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IIRC people did find Steam hooks in SMT5 (just like they did for the Nocturne re-release back when it was console only) so it probably will happen, maybe? at some point. But the image going around seems super fake.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

wasn't V also in the extremely validated geforce now leak too

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Even just reworking the interface of SMT4 to fit one screen and giving it high-resolution sprites somehow feels to me like more effort than Atlus would be willing to put in.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Item Getter posted:

Even just reworking the interface of SMT4 to fit one screen and giving it high-resolution sprites somehow feels to me like more effort than Atlus would be willing to put in.

Effort that can be used for two games which they will have no trouble selling for 40 bucks each or in a 70 dollar bundle.

Oh wait, I forgot about the DLC. Even more potential money on the table!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels like a decent time to announce ports of 4 at least with the 3DS shop going offline soon.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Feels like a decent time to announce ports of 4 at least with the 3DS shop going offline soon.

I am meh on IV but if they make a IV/IVA duology thing for Steam? Yes fuckin' please. I'll buy it in a second.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Item Getter posted:

I mean. The only thing that makes me think it might be real is because Atlus are doing exactly that with the first three Etrian Odyssey games right now. Otherwise I'd have written the entire thing off as complete bullshit.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I mean. The only thing that makes me think it might be real is because Atlus are doing exactly that with the first three Etrian Odyssey games right now. Otherwise I'd have written the entire thing off as complete bullshit.

Yeah I thought of that but at least the EO collection is like a stepping stone towards developing a brand-new EO game on Switch.
Not saying it's impossible, just accusing Atlus of being lazy regarding this stuff

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Item Getter posted:

letterboxing

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Item Getter posted:

Yeah I thought of that but at least the EO collection is like a stepping stone towards developing a brand-new EO game on Switch.
Not saying it's impossible, just accusing Atlus of being lazy regarding this stuff

They ARE developing a new EO game, presumably for Switch. It was announced...4? years ago as "what comes after Etrian Odyssey X (Cross)"

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
beat Tokyo Mirage Encore today. Finished it just around under 40 hours.

As far as the more loose SMT style combat games go, I say this was a bit up there on the list of the better ones. Had just enough difficulty in the battle system to pay attention to. Rated it better than Soul Hackers anyway, which honestly really bored me to tears in the first 5 hours.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

We Got Us A Bread posted:

They ARE developing a new EO game, presumably for Switch. It was announced...4? years ago as "what comes after Etrian Odyssey X (Cross)"

That announcement was grisly as gently caress because it showed gravestones so it was like "technology has caused the death of EO are you happy?"

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Very cool fact but that awful pixelated 真 is killing me.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i choose to believe that Doi was talking about stargate sg-1 instead

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

studio mujahideen posted:

i choose to believe that Doi was talking about stargate sg-1 instead

Aliens are real in SMT which is why you can't summon or fuse a Gray

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Aliens are real in SMT which is why you can't summon or fuse a Gray

Bullshit.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
God drat it

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Since all demons come from another dimension or something, aren't they all aliens by default?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

God i love when smt has more modern cryptids, mothman is such a qt and i really like Chemtrails from 4

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

God i love when smt has more modern cryptids, mothman is such a qt and i really like Chemtrails from 4

Mothman v good. I kinda feel sad every time I'm reminded he got his own sweater and it's been OOS for years now when I first saw it but I had no money.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Mothman v good. I kinda feel sad every time I'm reminded he got his own sweater and it's been OOS for years now when I first saw it but I had no money.

Good news!

https://www.fangamer.com/products/smt-mothman-sweater

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give Mothman a spinoff series like Jack Bros.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I want to hold Mothman. I want to be Mothman's friend.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Gaius Marius posted:

I respect that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have they made a Mothman plush? Feels like they're missing out if they haven't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

I want to take Mothman out for dinner at a nice restaurant and let him know how much he means to me.