Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

As I expected I'm already almost to rank 8, just missing a few nagging ones like weekly missions and nightfalls. I would've been content just leaving it at 7 but I'm only like 4 or 5 triumphs away...

gently caress, this is how they get you isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
8 requires a legendary Avalon run doesnt it?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Reiterpallasch posted:

I think legendary defiant battlegrounds will do as well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Queenbreaker title requires a legendary avalon so you'll need to do one anyway.

Although it's gaining traction that Legendary Avalon is a truly brutal piece of content, so it might be tweaked a bit before the season is over

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/11wmxtj/so_i_completed_legendary_avalon_last_night/

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The only real problems with it are the wyverns in the third encounter and final boss having an absolute steaming mountain of health, everything else is more or less fine

(And this is after I actually soloed Legend instead of accidentally picking normal)

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

yeah, it's actually the 1830 weekly missions that give me pause though. That can gently caress right off, at least for another while.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
there's a bug in the current weekly campaign mission where you can leave the building you're supposed to attune to strand for the first time, come back, attune, and for some reason be completely immune to damage for the rest of the mission, so now's the time!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

The only real problems with it are the wyverns in the third encounter and final boss having an absolute steaming mountain of health, everything else is more or less fine

(And this is after I actually soloed Legend instead of accidentally picking normal)

Jeez, really? Are you totally sure it was Legendary this time? I actually came away from it thinking that Brakion had low HP compared to the previous boss, and it was the first two encounters that really kicked my rear end. I thought it was harder than any GM or solo flawless dungeon by a longshot, and definitely out of balance for something that's required for the seasonal title!

An easy way to tell if you did it on Legendary would be your Triumphs, or even your destinytracker activity history. It's easy to mis-click and run it on Normal by accident!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I dunno about you guys but I definitely find an overload champ advancing on me and killing me before his stun immunity wears off extremely challenging

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Brakion 2nd and 3rd phase are cheesable and first fairly chill - so I think for my legend flawless I'm mainly worried about those drat wyverns.

I think the trick'll be waiting to last second to jump in the hole and trying to lead them aside/take one out rather than just hope they don't get to line up on you in the pit

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Jeez, really? Are you totally sure it was Legendary this time? I actually came away from it thinking that Brakion had low HP compared to the previous boss, and it was the first two encounters that really kicked my rear end. I thought it was harder than any GM or solo flawless dungeon by a longshot, and definitely out of balance for something that's required for the seasonal title!

An easy way to tell if you did it on Legendary would be your Triumphs, or even your destinytracker activity history. It's easy to mis-click and run it on Normal by accident!

Yes it was actually Legendary this time, I got the triumph for it and everything :cripes:

The majority of the difficulty for most people seems to be the how prevalent the adds are, and my build is... let's say friendly to the role of add-clear.

With adds being effectively a non-issue for me, the only things that really give me any trouble in Avalon are Wyverns (:argh:) and Brakion's third phase being insanely loving aggressive in an area with almost no cover (:argh::argh::argh:). I would've given up on solo legendary if not for discovering a hidey-hole in the corner that he can't path to or properly aim at.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I dunno about you guys but I definitely find an overload champ advancing on me and killing me before his stun immunity wears off extremely challenging
Shackle grenade. Throw a shackle grenade at them.

I know you weren't talking about the lost sector, but I just flawlessed it using strand & Le Monarque and accidentally discovered a good shackle grenade build AFTER the flawless recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRxkzp0SBgA

Basically if you have the Thread of Generation fragment, your Le Monarque DoT seems to regen your grenade stupid fast (Warlocks can add Necrotic Grips with Impact Induction for another source of DoT via needle melee - everyone else, scorch gun I guess?).

Then as soon as you see an Overload champ, shackle grenade them. It's the single best counter in the game because they can do nothing while you super them, lay into them with your heavy or just keep popping them with Le Monarque to get your grenade back faster.

You can kind of see it working on one of the boss room champs at about 7:25, I just hadn't realised until I was editing.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 21, 2023

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Kith posted:

Yes it was actually Legendary this time, I got the triumph for it and everything :cripes:

The majority of the difficulty for most people seems to be the how prevalent the adds are, and my build is... let's say friendly to the role of add-clear.

With adds being effectively a non-issue for me, the only things that really give me any trouble in Avalon are Wyverns (:argh:) and Brakion's third phase being insanely loving aggressive in an area with almost no cover (:argh::argh::argh:). I would've given up on solo legendary if not for discovering a hidey-hole in the corner that he can't path to or properly aim at.
One of the nice things about your build (and your addiction to fighting lion) is that it's bugged to do something like 100k to adds atm. It deletes red bars.

On a separate note, I have failed the 200k NF achievement 3 times. Most recent was due to a person pushing the blights too quick and despawning adds, taking a run that was aiming for 200k and dropping us to 189k.

It's a loving awful achievement, and I hope they adjust it. Chain rezzing for 10 minutes straight to hit a threshold where 200k is possible is not fun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

Nice! Plus doing it as a Duo was probably way easier than trying to solo it

Grats on the Triumph. It's brutally hard, and not just finding the Legendary Button :laugh:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Sestze posted:

One of the nice things about your build (and your addiction to fighting lion) is that it's bugged to do something like 100k to adds atm. It deletes red bars.

It's honestly not a noticeable difference in performance unless it's being used on a Wyvern, in which case it only takes one or two additional shots. People have been like "oh you're doing it on easy mode because you're using the fighting lion" and I'm just like... not really? It's always smashed the hell out of red bars, it's just slightly better at it right now for some reason.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nice! Plus doing it as a Duo was probably way easier than trying to solo it

Grats on the Triumph. It's brutally hard, and not just finding the Legendary Button :laugh:

my brain has holes in it okay :(

Also I didn't duo it, I soloed it. Although I DID run a duo legendary earlier with my husband and it almost feels harder in some ways. There are more enemies with bigger health pools, and Brakion in particular felt like more of a slog. Still, did the thing. All hail the slightly raised corner platform that Brakion can't figure out how to step on.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Kith posted:

Also I didn't duo it, I soloed it. Although I DID run a duo legendary earlier with my husband and it almost feels harder in some ways. There are more enemies with bigger health pools, and Brakion in particular felt like more of a slog. Still, did the thing. All hail the slightly raised corner platform that Brakion can't figure out how to step on.

Did you just shoot fighting lion curveballs from the cheese spot that people use wish ender from? if so thats rad.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Horsebanger posted:

Did you just shoot fighting lion curveballs from the cheese spot that people use wish ender from? if so thats rad.

I mostly killed Brakion with Retrofit Escapade, but when I was out of ammo for that I banked grenades off of level geometry until he died. I primarily used curveballs for Solo Master Breakneck, though - just an endless cascade of banked shots into enemies (especially the loving Hydra boss) until they bit it.

Two hours well spent. Should've just done the cheese. :shepface:

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

If it makes you feel better it took me way more than 2 hours to do it with the cheese because there's a persistent bug with it where the barrels at the end can explode before they are supposed to and the giant vacuum that's supposed to finish the level instead gets you stuck in a wall and you have to do the entire thing over again.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I think for this season you're gonna want to use bows over auto/smg for overloads, not even counting le monarque.

they're just so much more consistent about applying the stun and anti-healing, and there's no reload time, just steady fwip fwip fwip

swords... I don't know. if you do I think you'll need stronghold (titan) and maybe even a bubble, or a well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

Also I didn't duo it, I soloed it.

Nice! Oh man I can't even imagine how many Fighting Lion kills you had. Post the destiny tracker activity link, I wanna see!!!

I changed my loadout around too much for it to be funny

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

I think for this season you're gonna want to use bows over auto/smg for overloads, not even counting le monarque.

they're just so much more consistent about applying the stun and anti-healing, and there's no reload time, just steady fwip fwip fwip

I would use bows if I could actually aim consistently under pressure, so it's going to be my trusty Quicksilver Storm instead

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I've noticed this season that it only takes like three bullets from an AR/SMG to proc Overload now, which is pretty great. My Duty Bound has been doing me solid.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Got the raid shotgun on my 3rd clear. :toot:

I may not have much in the way of deepsight patterns from the raid (especially with the extra chest not working right), but at least I now have a known end point.

Champions on Master level are super aggressive about applying their self-heals, and always at a moment that you're stuck reloading.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I can't gush about riptide with chill clip enough. One shot stuns overloads, two shots stuns unstops. It even soft counters barrier champs. It slices, it dices, it did my taxes. It rules.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

If the only issue with legendary avalon is adclear then I should be grand. I was shocked when I heard people found the normal version of the mission difficult so I'd be curious to see how bad legendary is lmao

EDIT: Ok yeah this is pretty rough. Bungie sure are stingy with the checkpoints! I might try and duo it instead, though I will say that even though it's the same light level this feels wayyyy better than lost sectors

arsenicCatnip fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 21, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nice! Oh man I can't even imagine how many Fighting Lion kills you had. Post the destiny tracker activity link, I wanna see!!!

I changed my loadout around too much for it to be funny

The one I did earlier with my husband went... well, it went.

He gave up on Brakion and I finished soloing it after a great deal of trial and error.

I'll be doing a cleaner run after reset and probably streaming it since a couple of my friends want to see how I did it.
and I will remember to press the Legendary button this time, god drat it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i couldn't sleep so i knocked out a solo flawless run of legendary avalon ("actually legendary this time" edition)

also included: narration and other musings in fireteam chat

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The droprate for Neomuna red-frames feels really anemic, even when fishing for heroic patrols

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cheap Trick posted:

The droprate for Neomuna red-frames feels really anemic, even when fishing for heroic patrols

I got to like rank 38 with nimbus, finished the entirety of strand meditations on hunter and warlock (one didn't get the 300 from legendary), and almost got done with titan strand mediation entirely off these patrols by the time i got my last red frame.

Also I suffered through the breakneck legendary opening then got through using the invulnearibility glitch to do the rest only to get stuck at the end during the escape. HOWEVER! I did some googling and figured out a fix. Turns out what's getting you stuck is the explosions + high frame rate. I got myself unstuck by triggering a dodge or any other movement animation then alt-tabbing and listening. The game drops framerate while in the background which allows the animation to play out and you to land.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

syntaxfunction posted:

I've noticed this season that it only takes like three bullets from an AR/SMG to proc Overload now, which is pretty great. My Duty Bound has been doing me solid.

yeah Osteo Striga has been doing double duty as my anti-overload and clearing little adds gun in LLS so far

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I started D2 just before shadowkeep (aka no-shadow-backsies) and feel dumb as hell for having this question after 5 years of playing but

How do I know which legendary gun is good?

I know the correct answer is "Do you enioy using it and are you able to clear content with it? Then it's good for you." But in reality to me a scout rifle is a scout rifle is a scout rifle, same with auto rifles, sidearms, shotguns, snipers, etc. I have no idea what the differences between the different frames are or why I want perk X over perk Y or actually on this particular gun perk Y is better than X.

I use DIM and it thankfully has automatic built in community recommended perks so when I have five copies of go figure I huck the four that don't have tiny little thumbs ups on them. Except often times guns will have multiple recommended perks and I have no idea which version to use or why.

I don't know why this roll is a god roll, etc. Hip fire on a shotgun seems good, but it's not liked by the community on this particular drop, so clearly there's a reason as to why not.

How I pick good gun and have fun?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Join the discord and ask destiny gun nerds. Outside of personal preference, which guns are “good” changes with every patch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

i couldn't sleep so i knocked out a solo flawless run of legendary avalon ("actually legendary this time" edition)

also included: narration and other musings in fireteam chat

Daaaang! Your first ever solo clear and it's also flawless, sub 1 hour, and no cheese spots?! That's really impressive

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Are the high stat armor focus things bugged too? Because I've got that poo poo unlocked and they're not rolling worth a drat at all for me right now, unlike seasons past. All those engrams gone, like miss l motes through the floor. Oh well, time to grind.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

seasonal: we all fuckin knew it, rip amanda as well

E: aw man zavala grieving hits different now huh

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 21, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

PathAsc posted:

Are the high stat armor focus things bugged too? Because I've got that poo poo unlocked and they're not rolling worth a drat at all for me right now, unlike seasons past. All those engrams gone, like miss l motes through the floor. Oh well, time to grind.

Dunno if they're bugged but the general consensus is that none of them are as good as older armor focuses like Risen.

I'm hoping they leave Solstice alone cause that's when I was planning to get my armor building done cause it worked great back when I played hunter

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

New shader in the bright dust shop today just doesn't resemble its icon at all, and I know that's a theme with shaders but this is completely giving up on a visual language.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roctavian posted:

New shader in the bright dust shop today just doesn't resemble its icon at all, and I know that's a theme with shaders but this is completely giving up on a visual language.

There are a lot of shaders that look dramatically different depending on what they’re applied to.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Mill Village posted:

There are a lot of shaders that look dramatically different depending on what they’re applied to.

This one (Ererbos Glance) applies quite consistently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

arsenicCatnip posted:

Dunno if they're bugged but the general consensus is that none of them are as good as older armor focuses like Risen.

I'm hoping they leave Solstice alone cause that's when I was planning to get my armor building done cause it worked great back when I played hunter

Amazing.