Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I wonder if this is Edward Said posting here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bromide was uncomfortably crazy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im surprised they never brought back this format for qcs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Some of us flee the goatman and refuse to click anything for fear of seeing into the abyss

Some of us fight the goatman and rage against the posters who deliver him, building fortresses of moderation

The truly wise embrace the goatman when he comes as an old friend

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Speaking of dragons and "please do my work for me," anyone got a link to the thread where someone wanted to make a "scientifically accurate" dragon-themed virtual pet game, but they knew nothing about game design or programming so all they had were a few concept sketches?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Wasn’t that tumblr or something?

I think izzzyzzz on YouTube has a long form video on the nonsense

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
https://youtu.be/-DyszcbmODE

Edit:

TheSwizzler posted:

Wasn’t that tumblr or something?

I think izzzyzzz on YouTube has a long form video on the nonsense

They are an absolute treasure and style inspiration

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

TheSwizzler posted:

Some of us flee the goatman and refuse to click anything for fear of seeing into the abyss

Some of us fight the goatman and rage against the posters who deliver him, building fortresses of moderation

The truly wise embrace the goatman when he comes as an old friend

What boggles my mind isn't just finding the goatman uniquely upsetting. It's also that they think asking people to not post it and admitting to finding it upsetting is going to have a positive outcome.

And in fact it got posted on that very page.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

quote:

The Golden Man posted:
me: mom i think i may be in trouble for getting $1300 in american money on a donation website by saying I have leukemia please dont sing dragula
mom: dead i am the one
me, sobbing: please please i got a phone call from the canada revenus agency
my dad via speakerphone: conquering the worm

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im surprised they never brought back this format for qcs

wasnt that the human toilet mod?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Pretty sure the human toilet mod was AxeManiac, and they had some kind of manic axe person avatar.

E: It is entirely possible there were multiple human toilet mods, mind.

edit4: nevermind, that is AxeManiac, the human toilet mod

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
:whitewater:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

very cool

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Our mods rule

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Duke would never do that.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

so glad someone with crazy sex poo poo could never be made mod/admin in 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
oof

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

ItohRespectArmy posted:

so glad someone with crazy sex poo poo could never be made mod/admin in 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

skasion posted:

Does anyone have a link to the old thread where the Pet Island mod(?) raged about her kid letting her chicken Megatron get hosed by other chickens

Chido posted:

I'm so angry right now. I was outside with the chickens and I asked my younger niece to grab Megatron and put her in the crate so I could let Roo out of the run. What does she do? She gets distracted trying to grab another chicken and puts Megatron on the ground. Roo mounted her and ripped off the scab, tearing the wound wide open again and only part of the scab is attached on one edge. I yelled at my niece and she said it was an accident, but for gently caress's sake, how hard is for an 11 year old to do as told before playing? And this is supposedly her chicken.

I put EMT gel on the wound and bandaged it again, and brought the crate back to my room and she'll stay here until the wound scabs over again. I really want to be harsh and tell my niece how thanks to her Megatron's healing is back to square one, and that if she cries so much and whines about tiny scratches, to imagine how Mega feels with a hole on her side, and that if Mega was her size, that hole would be like 10 inches long, and how she would feel if she had a hole that big, and her muscle exposed. I won't do it because I'm not her mom, but I certainly won't let her help me anymore, and that will get through, because she hates being excluded.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

speaking of pet island, it’s gotten a lot less active since I remember it in the 2010s. was there some big purge or something? i asked a medical question about my poor cat’s teeth there and the cat thread just kinda sank like a stone.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
axemaniac melted down in the duke nukem forever thread and posted photoshopped pictures of the kool aid man and duke nukem having sex with microwaves mom

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i wish the image on this post still worked, though it's pretty obvious what it's about from the replies, but reading this thread when it happened is probably the closest i've come to the experience of posting on the forums during 9/11

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2532335&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1216#post344276052

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i wish the image on this post still worked, though it's pretty obvious what it's about from the replies, but reading this thread when it happened is probably the closest i've come to the experience of posting on the forums during 9/11

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2532335&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1216#post344276052

oh my God it's loss.archive

e. and there are actual panels of shredded moose, which I have never seen before. wild.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 21, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

wasnt that the human toilet mod?
Yeah, that's AxeManiac.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I never saw the human toilet thing before and maybe sagas was a mistake.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Amazing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

*chuckles* a tale as old as time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
who the gently caress gives an 11-year-old a pet chicken

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The mock thread is great too

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

"I sympathize a little with your argument, but you're annoying and put as little effort as possible into posting. Your rap sheet is long, and my patience is short. User loses posting privileges for 3 days."

yeah lol a long rear end rap sheet of 8 probations for things like not labelling a youtube video

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

bromide was uncomfortably crazy

bromide was thankfully like 12 years ahead of their time, if they posted in the recent ish era, they’d be some forum superstar/freaky mascot somewhere on this site, gibbering away in their own gilded cage.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 21, 2023

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

axemaniac melted down in the duke nukem forever thread and posted photoshopped pictures of the kool aid man and duke nukem having sex with microwaves mom

Didn’t he also probe a bunch of people for doubting that duke nukem would be released and would be great? I can’t remember if it was all one meltdown or if it was a pre-nukem meltdown followed by a post-nukem meltdown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

skeleton warrior posted:

Didn’t he also probe a bunch of people for doubting that duke nukem would be released and would be great? I can’t remember if it was all one meltdown or if it was a pre-nukem meltdown followed by a post-nukem meltdown

AxeManiac posted:

gently caress YEAH! I'm screaming this poo poo 24/7 in the gym, gently caress you all that hate this game, this game is the best. Eat my poo poo, go to hell all you haters. 15 years of my life is nothing compared to 15 years of your lovely hate filled life of nothing but masturbating to anime trannies. gently caress you all, YCS really did suck and you all are left sucking a giant dick and the cum is your lovely posts and you gobble like the homos you are. I'm going to E3 in like 5 hours. With me. Hell yeah, furry bounce house.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hell yeah, furry bounce house.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
everyone MUST read the duke nukem forever thread that was once hidden in the mod forum but is now in the imp zone goldmine where it belongs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This thread already generates too many intrusive thought catchphrases

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the goon whose faith in gaming was destroyed by DNF being bad and never posted again lol