Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

priznat posted:

It is always bullshit to me how morb gets the benefits in hand/deck while the collector doesn’t :colbert:

Collector can't be Enchantressed. I will take that trade-off any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

Isn't it just a visual change? Your Knull and Morbius are going to have the same power they had before once on the board, the difference is only visual, before they're played, if I understand this right.

There is a functional difference: If you Mister Negatived with Knull in your deck before this change, your Knull would get a cost set to the current ongoing value, so if you destroyed 10 power worth of cards and Mister Negatived, your Knull would be 10 cost. With this change, the ongoing effect doesn't start until it hits the table, so Knull will become 0 cost with Mister Negative, no matter how much you've already destroyed.

So it's purely a buff, outside of maybe weird decks built around Mister Negative and Lady Sif or Colleen Wing, but no one runs a deck like that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

doingitwrong posted:

Ah good point

Speaking of, I am trying out a really nice balanced deck from the recent Cosy video and I like it, but I was debating putting enchantress in instead of cosmo

Sunspot
Iceman
Zero
Scorpion
Lizard
Armor
Cosmo
Shang Chi
Aero
Red Skull
Doctor Doom
She Hulk

eyJOYW1lIjoiR29vZCBDYXJkcyIsIkNhcmRzIjpbeyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlZFNrdWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoZUh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ilplcm8ifV19

Dunno if the changes affect that too much

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
So how does the new free S3 card work? By when do I need to claim my free card? By the end of the current season? So in about 2 weeks? And as soon as the new season starts I can pick another S3 card?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The Morbious nerf may not change my gameplay with him too much but it killed any need to have Black Cat in my deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hobo Clown posted:

The Morbious nerf may not change my gameplay with him too much but it killed any need to have Black Cat in my deck.
I promise you it did not. Play your old deck and you'll see what I mean.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
People who kept complaining about Cyclops being a lame vanilla card can stop now.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

BoldFace posted:

People who kept complaining about Cyclops being a lame vanilla card can stop now.

Nah nah nah

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

That's a buff - it has no impact on the card when played, but makes The Peak / Mr Negative much stronger with the card.

Also yes it's true people will just run She-Hulk / Taskmaster with shuri now instead of Red Skull, however that is 18+18 power instead of 22-30 + 30 power which is a big difference and does hurt winrate, plus it means you can't play Task + a 1-drop like Titania on turn 6. These nerfs are good nerfs because they don't destroy the deck but do hurt its winrate.

As for the Aero nerf i'm not sure if its good or bad for Shuri decks but it is SO loving GOOD for the game because the most frustrating thing with Aero was knowing she is coming but not being able to do jack poo poo about it. Now I can counterplay it with a well-placed 1-cost or whatever, which is much more fun.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 21, 2023

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

BoldFace posted:

Oh man, the full "random deck" experience. I cannot wait.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

BoldFace posted:

FTFY

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They really should have made it clearer that Knull and Morbius aren't losing anything while in play. I had a moment of panic thinking my Knullikins would be useless.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Ah, the joys of playing on iOS and finding out about this new shop later tonight.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

CitizenKeen posted:

Ah, the joys of playing on iOS and finding out about this new shop later tonight.

The patch is already up on iOS, I pulled it down an hour or so ago.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So I'm guessing that spoiler card will be the next perma pool 6 big baddie.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
If your opponent plays 3, but their last card happens to be on the same lane as Aero, she doesn't move anything.

This is not a nerf, it's a death sentence. She's garbage now.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

CitizenKeen posted:

Maybe I'm just bad at iOS? I kept refreshing the store, and opening Snap, but I guess I had to go into the Snap page. My bad.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

CitizenKeen posted:

Oh man, the full "random deck" experience. I cannot wait.

It's not random, the 'no ability' cards all have a fixed secret ability.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BoldFace posted:

Marvel Snap Zone says that each one has a different, specific ability:

Evolved Wasp [0/1]: On Reveal: Afflict # random enemy cards here with -# Power.

Evolved Misty Knight [1/2]: When you end a turn with unspent Energy, give another friendly card +# Power.

Evolved Shocker [2/3]: On Reveal: Give the leftmost card in your hand -# Cost.

Evolved Cyclops [3/4]: When you end a turn with unspent Energy, afflict # random enemies here with -# Power.

Evolved The Thing [4/6]: On Reveal: Afflict a random enemy card here with -# Power. Repeat this twice more.

Evolved Abomination [5/9]: Costs # less for each enemy card in play that’s afflicted with negative Power.

Evolved Hulk [6/12]: Ongoing: +# Power for each turn you ended with unspent Energy.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The Abomination one seems particularly strong with Hazmat.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So uh if you have Shuri pinned, grab her because l o loving l she's now uncontestedly the best deck in the format.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I had opened Shuri in a cache :smuggo:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Man, gently caress Bast. That's twice he's come out X-Mansion to tank my hand

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I wonder, will High Evolutionary have synergy with Patriot or will say drawing him from X Mansion kill you game plan?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BoldFace posted:

I just flipped back to my Patriot deck since it seems like my best bet now, so ho ho ho

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

is the only reason Collector (or any card) doesn't say "ongoing:" to avoid card effects that target ongoing effects?

or is there another reason?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Youremother posted:

I wonder, will High Evolutionary have synergy with Patriot or will say drawing him from X Mansion kill you game plan?
I think he'll have to turn off patriot. It would be legit too good otherwise.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No Wave posted:

I think he'll have to turn off patriot. It would be legit too good otherwise.

Wouldn’t it just be patriot doesn’t buff those cards anymore because now they do have abilities (but could still buff rocks/raptors etc)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

priznat posted:

Wouldn’t it just be patriot doesn’t buff those cards anymore because now they do have abilities (but could still buff rocks/raptors etc)
I mean yeah that's what I mean. HE is start of game too so there wouldnt be any reason to run them together.

HE just straight up being a 4/7 is kind of zany too. There arent any other straight up 4/7s!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 21, 2023

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

BoldFace posted:

That looks really neat (and a good excuse to print multiple "no ability" cards).

I'm not usually one to complain about balance changes, but changing Red Skull with the specific reasoning that it had to be done to nerf Shuri just seems way off target. Like, I don't really even mind the change, in a vacuum, but if one card is a problem you can't just go and change every other existing card and have to always think about Shuri when printing new cards. There are other decks out there for Red Skull besides Shuri decks. Just nerf Shuri :cmon:

Question about Jessica Jones. Since her VFX moves with her now, does that mean you can play a card where she was and she will get the boost as long as you don't play a card where she now is? Or did they just make that even less intuitive?

I think with these changes I'll give my Deathwave deck another go, or my Moongirl/Magik/Shehulk, since I don't have to worry about Aero pooling my T6/T7 drops in a single lane.

Besides all that, I observed a funny interaction faced by an unfortunate Thanos player. T3 they drop Lockjaw and 3 stones. Reality Stone changes the location to miniaturized lab. Lockjaw proceeds to suck away each stone and replace them with nothing.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Are those the only cards that get High Evolutionary buffs? Not any of the tokens like Squirrels or Demon?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Are those the only cards that get High Evolutionary buffs? Not any of the tokens like Squirrels or Demon?

It seems to just be actual cards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HE is legit just a weird design. His statline is so solid that there's very little cost of running him. I dont really get it, only one or two of the cards he buffs have to be really good then he's super strong if none of them are good what's the point.

Love that the whole archetype is intended to be run with sunspot and she hulk too, those niche cards needed the help.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

cgeq posted:

I'm not usually one to complain about balance changes, but changing Red Skull with the specific reasoning that it had to be done to nerf Shuri just seems way off target. Like, I don't really even mind the change, in a vacuum, but if one card is a problem you can't just go and change every other existing card and have to always think about Shuri when printing new cards. There are other decks out there for Red Skull besides Shuri decks. Just nerf Shuri :cmon:

Eh I mean the Red Skull change isn't even really a nerf. Not for Shuri and not for most other purposes. 15/+2 between and 13/+1, the second's kind of better: in a full opposing lane, it's a 5/9 vs earlier being a 5/7. Even with Shuri it's 30/+2 vs 26/+1, or an effective 22 power vs an effective... 22 power.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Opopanax posted:

The knull/Morbius nerf definitely seems uncalled for, I don't see how it was confusing at all, and I don't get the Devil Dino comparisons since the function pretty differently

They havn't changed how he works in practice

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

As prophesy demands. (First card from a reserve after update)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wait high evolutionary is broken. You can just run evolved misty + sunspot to double sunspot. Imagine if they actually balanced the cards that needed to be balanced.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

No Wave posted:

Wait high evolutionary is broken. You can just run evolved misty + sunspot to double sunspot. Imagine if they actually balanced the cards that needed to be balanced.

You can't really judge the balance of a card not actually announced and just found through data mining. High Evolutionary isn't out yet, and other cards, like Howard the Duck and Nebula have changed a few times in data mined data.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chainclaw posted:

You can't really judge the balance of a card not actually announced and just found through data mining. High Evolutionary isn't out yet, and other cards, like Howard the Duck and Nebula have changed a few times in data mined data.
Yes, I'm judging the datamined version. The entire archetype seems based around floating energy. If they rethink all of that because sunspot+she hulk must not substantively change sure I guess thats a possibility. They just released a terrible patch so yes I'm also salty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

cgeq posted:

So how does the new free S3 card work? By when do I need to claim my free card? By the end of the current season? So in about 2 weeks? And as soon as the new season starts I can pick another S3 card?

Just go to the shop, it will be there unless you're already S3-complete after the drops. I went in and my shop had room for M'Baku.