Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is last to drop out of the primary before trump is nominated?
This poll is closed.
desantis 128 29.91%
rubio 33 7.71%
haley 57 13.32%
goku 210 49.07%
Total: 358 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RobynElyse/status/1638240387117506560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Schmoe Cwead posted:

i heard the bad news gang

everyone in this thread has fail aids and will never be epic golden manbabies for the win goonsire

o poo poo

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Space Jam posted:

cool, i will check out that last one. and i might end up just finding a random book about that era and work from there.

yea that's what I did, it was just so totally zany it's really hard to know where to start, so random is probably as good as anything. And that Duff Cooper bio of Talleyrand really is good, Cooper was a friend of Churchill and a government minister in the 1930s. There's a really good short bio of Wellington too but I can't find it at the moment.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Imagine the smell

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
non-fiction is for suckers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a movie with Master and commanders quality about the battle of the Nile would own

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Substandard posted:

Books are for suckers. Just play Total War: Napoleon IMHO

i bought that on sale on steam years ago but never played it, i probably should

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
My only master AND commander is trump

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Shut the gently caress up Dick Dorkins

https://twitter.com/AidanCTweets/status/1638187841283923973

https://twitter.com/AidanCTweets/status/1638189263610171398

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Here's epic self-ownage: I've been taking 4 times the amount of thc I need to get totally loaded. For months.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I wish somebody made this into a.lo's av

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!

Iron Crowned posted:

You should watch it sometime, it rules

you sound like my dad!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1638224395066912768?cxt=HHwWgMC9pYuakrwtAAAA
one vote away from a decision that if your pregnancy's gonna kill you then that's just your fate and you have to accept it

its called god's plan and its beautiful

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hatebag posted:

I'm the capes that are longer than their bodies. They're going to step on me, the capes!

Like loving Tom Baker and his loving scarf!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Space Jam posted:

i bought that on sale on steam years ago but never played it, i probably should

Its up there as one of the best TW games

The naval battles are frustrating as hell and 20 stack battles end up as total uncontrollable clusterfucks. Each ship must face into the wind to move at a tactically relevant speed and for best effect you must time the broadside ability perfectly. With 1 or 2 ships its great fun but 20 ships is impossible.

You'll try to be a lil jr admiral nelson and send your ships in as a perfectly spaced conga line and the ai goes "let's try going every which way/ramming half your ships, that's a good trick"

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Mar 21, 2023

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

So trump punked everyone into thinking he was going to be arrested today lol

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lmao

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Salt Fish posted:

Easy solution just have cops run the library.

And consolidate the library with the police department. And let jailbirds heat themselves with burning books in the winter.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

He said that poo poo. Not us.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

alnilam posted:

they're getting ready to arrest joe brandon, the storm is here

im more liable to believe this

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ArmZ posted:

you sound like my dad!

Is your mom from Texas? Because I could be

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

euphronius posted:

a movie with Master and commanders quality about the battle of the Nile would own

yea that's a good example of "everything was completely insane". Why in gently caress's name was Napoleon invading Egypt? Well it turns out he thought it would be a good way to sneak up on British India.

And then yea, the Nile (e: technically Aboukir Bay), my god what a total poo poo show. Also that's what the poem "The Boy on the Burning Deck" was about, written by an extremely popular female English poet.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I was bottle fed does this mean that I’m gay now?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1637928210062012417
:hmmyes:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Why is master and commander suddenly a big topic, are we still talking about the 2003 movie or is there like a new one?? Also is Horatio Hornblower enjoying a similar renaissance?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

So trump punked everyone into thinking he was going to be arrested today lol

Including himself

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Got em

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation

Iron Crowned posted:

nope! texas loving blows!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation

alnilam posted:

Why is master and commander suddenly a big topic, are we still talking about the 2003 movie or is there like a new one?? Also is Horatio Hornblower enjoying a similar renaissance?

russell crowe needs money i guess

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

alnilam posted:

Master and Commander was a Horatio Hornblower thing, more or less

So was Star Trek

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

poo poo, you could be mine

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

alnilam posted:

There was a 20 year retrospective article a few weeks ago to coincide with it becoming available to stream on HBOmax

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol in separate local traffic news, apparently a dog is loose on the beltway and has shut down the Woodrow Wilson Bridge while people to to catch it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ArmZ posted:

nope! texas loving blows!

Then I'm probably not your dad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they called the man who blew horns Hornblower

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mayor Dave posted:

There was a 20 year retrospective article a few weeks ago to coincide with it becoming available to stream on HBOmax

its also one of the official dudes rock movies

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

trump knew the thread needed a bit of a boost so he made the announcement to get more people to post. thank you sir!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

alnilam posted:

Everyone remembers how great it is and the total gaping void of movies like it in 2023, maybe Ridley Scott's Napolean will change that

Its also a totally uncontrovertially masculine movie about men being dudes too

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schmoe Cwead posted:

its also one of the official dudes rock movies

There are no women speaking roles, in the entire movie there are women on screen for maybe 30 seconds

So yes, definitely Dudes Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think there any any female roles in the whole movie