Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Levitate posted:

what about jimmy vesey!

e: poo poo, forgot he was drafted

Yeah and he's just ok despite being a way better college player than McKown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

what about jimmy vesey!

e: poo poo, forgot he was drafted

My number one boy greasy vesey is topping out at depth guy, but he is a very solid one!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ekholm in 57 games with Nashville: 5g 13a, 18p, 0 +/-, 24 PIM
Ekholm in 10 games in Edmonton: 3g, 6a, 9p, +15, 0 PIM

The other way:

Barrie in 61 games with Edmonton: 10g, 33a, 43p, -3
Barrie in 10 games with Nashville: 1g, 2a, 3p, -2

Puljujarvi has yet to get a goal or assist in Carolina but has only dressed for 5 games

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Don't forget BIG Nick Bjugstad:

With Coyotes: 59GP 13G 10A +7
WIth Oilers: 8GP 3G 1A +2

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Carson Briere is facing charges for his dumbfuckery

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/carson-briere-charged-for-pushing-womans-wheelchair-down-steps/

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Don't forget BIG Nick Bjugstad:

With Coyotes: 59GP 13G 10A +7
WIth Oilers: 8GP 3G 1A +2

Going to a team with 80 more goals and going from a .4 to a .5 ppg doesn't seem that special.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

in his 10 games since joining the Oilers, Ekholm has been on the ice for 21 EVGF and 7 EVGA. that's a +14 even strength goal differential, the second best oiler is Bouchard at +8. The second best for all teams is K'Andre miller and Dmitry Orlov with 15/4 +11

Jake Middleton is 9/0 +9

Misanthrope posted:

Going to a team with 80 more goals and going from a .4 to a .5 ppg doesn't seem that special.

The important thing is that he seems happy now.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
yes it's almost like Nashville traded away a bunch of good players and they sucked rear end to begin with and the only better player than Barrie there keeps him off the #1pp

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good. Break both the fucker's legs and let him see what life in a wheelchair is like for at least a couple months.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Man we really need the Penguins to start winning again so the aggroposting can get toned down.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pungry posted:

Man we really need the Penguins to start winning again so the aggroposting can get toned down.

Do you want more xGF blob charts? Cause that’s how you got more xGF blob charts.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

Eric the Mauve posted:

Good. Break both the fucker's legs and let him see what life in a wheelchair is like for at least a couple months.

Agreed... people that were downplaying this and saying nonsense like "what, it's not like she was IN the chair at the time" really don't understand what a despicable act it is when it's someone's only method of mobility.

Just such a piece of poo poo, the charges look good on him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

22% imrovement in raw totals.

But 1.52 p/60 to 2.87 p/60.

Its good awooooo

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

big black turnout posted:

I'm a new hockey fan and I'm absolutely not getting counted in viewership numbers because I watch every game through piracy instead of trying to figure out which games I'll be graciously allowed to watch on ESPN+ because apparently you're supposed to watch any team other than your local one

eta: and yes I understand blackouts are apparently normal in other sports too but I've never watched them either and the fact that people accept this still blows my mind

The most annoying problem with ESPN+ is that they blackout games that are on NHL Network. I can accept that my home market games are gonna be blacked out and games on TNT will be blacked out, but there's no reason to blackout the NHLN games. Literally nobody is signing up for a cable subscription just so they can get access to NHLN for those random games.

Blackouts suck and hopefully they're gone by the end of the decade, but this one little wrinkle is like...extra suck.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Misanthrope posted:

Agreed... people that were downplaying this and saying nonsense like "what, it's not like she was IN the chair at the time" really don't understand what a despicable act it is when it's someone's only method of mobility.

Just such a piece of poo poo, the charges look good on him.

That and I don't think people realize how expensive a wheelchair really is. I really had no clue until someone I knew who uses one told me.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils draft lottery luck used to be college hockey luck: Brian Rafalski, John Madden, and Andy Greene were all undrafted. Although Rafalski also went to Europe and tore it up for three years before even the Devils took a shot on him.

Been fairly cold since Greene though. I think it's like Kinkaid and Stephen Gionta as the pick of the litter.

I watched one Canes Puljujarvi game and they had him with Aho and he was all over the ice, looking great, creating a few high dangers, and then at the end of the night he had 0-0-0 and I look today and he's back on their 4th line and posting an on ice 41% GF (54% expected though, born to be a Cane).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T-Bone posted:

I watched one Canes Puljujarvi game and they had him with Aho and he was all over the ice, looking great, creating a few high dangers, and then at the end of the night he had 0-0-0 and I look today and he's back on their 4th line and posting an on ice 41% GF (54% expected though, born to be a Cane).

He would be an entertaining player to watch if you didn't know the point of the game was to put the puck in the net.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Powershift posted:

He would be an entertaining player to watch if you didn't know the point of the game was to put the puck in the net.

to be fair to the big goofy bastard both of those high dangers were on nice passes that other Canes chest sniped, which was even funnier

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

gently caress yeah agreed

...wait you're not talking about Jacob Trouba?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
A guy making 8 million a year gets free rent in Pittsburgh. This is bullshit.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

I wish death on Kreider and Shesterkin too.*

Not Panarin or Zibanejad they're too cute

*I'm joking I don't really give a poo poo but gently caress da Rags

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

I just feel bad for the poor guy to be honest

whatever condition has his elbows locked and raised to chin height permanently must make day to day life very difficult for him

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

OldSenileGuy posted:

The most annoying problem with ESPN+ is that they blackout games that are on NHL Network. I can accept that my home market games are gonna be blacked out and games on TNT will be blacked out, but there's no reason to blackout the NHLN games. Literally nobody is signing up for a cable subscription just so they can get access to NHLN for those random games.

Blackouts suck and hopefully they're gone by the end of the decade, but this one little wrinkle is like...extra suck.

yeah if I could get rid of one thing in NHL viewing rules right now it’s the stupid NHL Network-exclusive games. I don’t want to pay money to turn on this stupid channel!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

I wish death on Kreider and Shesterkin too.*

Not Panarin or Zibanejad they're too cute

*I'm joking I don't really give a poo poo but gently caress da Rags

There are a few things PAS definitely give a poo poo about. One is 5000 word diatribes about their 3rd pairing defensemen. Another is talking about Ranger players to the point of obsession.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Canada, Gamecenter is run by Rogers and doesn't blackout national games anymore.

Though this is because Rogers also has the TV deal, so those are their games.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the funniest thing about the NHL Network is they just show one of the local broadcasts. It's not like they have their own play by play guy. No reason to block it.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
there was a year where they didn't black out NHLN games on NHL.tv but they must have realized their mistake

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

There are a few things PAS definitely give a poo poo about. One is 5000 word diatribes about their 3rd pairing defensemen. Another is talking about Ranger players to the point of obsession.

I hate to break this to you but the Rangers will always be a distant third to the Flyers or Islanders in terms of teams I loathe.

And after three recent cups my dislike of any team has dimmed a lot

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the funniest thing about the NHL Network is they just show one of the local broadcasts. It's not like they have their own play by play guy. No reason to block it.

They do in-studio broadcasts on the weekend. It’s been Jamie Hersch and Kevin Weekes recently doing commentary over a local video feed.

But it sucks and I’d rather just hear the local broadcast.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

I hate to break this to you but the Rangers will always be a distant third to the Flyers or Islanders in terms of teams I loathe.

And after three recent cups my dislike of any team has dimmed a lot

Wait wouldn't that be fourth to the Flyers Islanders and Penguins?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Wait wouldn't that be fourth to the Flyers Islanders and Penguins?

Hating your own team is the free space in the middle of the board.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Levitate posted:

there was a year where they didn't black out NHLN games on NHL.tv but they must have realized their mistake

Another reason for NHL.tv supremacy - with a VPN you could get every game, including playoffs on NHL.tv. But on ESPN+, the NHLN and TNT games don’t even appear in the app.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ovi hit 40 on the season just now for like the billionth time in his career.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Ovi hit 40 on the season just now for like the billionth time in his career.

Oh poo poo, that’s now the new record at 13 having passed Gretzky at 12 for it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Furnaceface posted:

Have you considered getting Wirtz Brand Blackhawks TV for only $129.99 for the season to avoid this?

Oh good idea

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
im guessing the NHL has some super secret survey that shows that actually, fans -love- fanatics products.

Honestly feels like this league hates its fans sometimes. I bought two fanatics shirt-jerseys a year ago and both fell apart after 4 washes. Meanwhile, my reebok datsyuk shirt jersey from 2008 is still holding up.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh poo poo, that’s now the new record at 13 having passed Gretzky at 12 for it.

I was going to make a joke about how now has to catch up to Gartner's 17 30-goal seasons, but apparently Ovechkin is tied with him.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I got a fanatics hat from a secret Santa and it the cheapest thing I own. Doesn't even fit my fukken head.

What I'm saying is I welcome out AliExpress overlords.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I somehow didn’t see until now that the Fanatics deal is for 10 years lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010