Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Murdstone posted:

"They're spending money on a giant pool with all this homelessness?"

"Why are they spending so much money to build a reservoir in the middle of a drought???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*standing in San Francisquito Canyon* Why not just let the free market do it? Elon Musk says he's a great engineer and taught himself all about dams.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US threatens TikTok by Li Min

Plucky lil' tiktok.

Le Monde

by Amorim from Brazil

Charlie Hebdo

It's my pleasure to offer these.

The piece is on the failure of Macron's economic policies which were supposed to be deregulatory and decreased taxes for businesses so that they'd make more factories in France. This hasn't happened and it's all been at the cost of workers.

Retirement gift idea: The Borne Puzzle

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

New South Wales state election is this Saturday.

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Spooner:

Knight:

Nazi salutes performed on steps of Victorian parliament as protesters clash over trans rights (SBS). It looks like the Herald Sun and Mark Knight are doing "both sides" about the protest where one side contained nazis.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Kellie's Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Transphobia)
Kellie's Nomination: Even The Nazis Were Against It

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

ANTI
FA

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fister Roboto posted:

"Why are they spending so much money to build a reservoir in the middle of a drought???"

It's this one, Ramirez would draw a reservoir being built in the middle of a sandy desert with some pithy caption about governments being dumb. With the reservoir probably labeled as DEBT as well. Since it's Ramirez, that would probably be it.

If Branco drew it, he'd draw the same thing but with an evil grinning donkey pickpocketing a conservative holding a sign that says "BORDER SECURITY,,, MORE POLICE"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If Stiglich drew it it'd be three hook nosed 'Hollywood executives' drinking water while an African child dies.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Gorrell submits the caption 'the amount of water saved by california's new reservoir...' and a completely blank square, same as the other 364 days of the year

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Drakyn posted:

Gorrell submits the caption 'the amount of water saved by california's new reservoir...' and a completely blank square, same as the other 364 days of the year

Boom :boom:

God I wish I had Gorrell's job

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

"(tbh really just felt like painting turbulent ocean today...)" -Matt Davies

To be clear, that's not a sarcastic comment, it's a direct quote from his twitter.

Pedro X. Molina

Mike Peters

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Dave Granlund

I question the decision to leave Xi's hands clean in this image.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The greatest enemy of American lifestyle and liberty, the Anti-Fat

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Drew Sheneman

Ah, yes, Woodrow Wilson, famous for his bulbous forehead, massive chin, and 5 foot tall head.

Kellies nomination: Worst caricature

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Technowolf posted:

Ah, yes, Woodrow Wilson, famous for his bulbous forehead, massive chin, and 5 foot tall head.

Kellies nomination: Worst caricature

I dunno, I would say the chin is pretty prominent.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Benson

Tom Stiglich

Skios fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 21, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Tom Stiglich

I'm not quite certain what the Goodwyn one is trying to say (that the indictment looks political? That politics are actually behind the indictment?) but gently caress it, I'm nominating both if these.

Kellies nomination: gently caress you, [Author name]-Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon

Randalor fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 4, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

GoutPatrol posted:

I dunno, I would say the chin is pretty prominent.

Woodrow Wilson was mostly lower face, his whole upper lip area was just massive; with a meaty chin, all topped off by a threehead

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
BBB is the only part of the economy still standing.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Biden is focused on more important issues than China and Russia. AGC

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

It's always remarkably telling to me when these assholes say "ughhhhhhh but thinking about the needs of people who aren't cis straight white men is so haaaaaaaaaaaard I don't know how you can do that and do anything else"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

It's always remarkably telling to me when these assholes say "ughhhhhhh but thinking about the needs of people who aren't cis straight white men is so haaaaaaaaaaaard I don't know how you can do that and do anything else"

FDR was given the choice of a) defeating fascism or b) leaving Japanese Americans alone and ending segregation in the military.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Matt Davies

"(tbh really just felt like painting turbulent ocean today...)" -Matt Davies

To be clear, that's not a sarcastic comment, it's a direct quote from his twitter.

That is delightful and I fully respect it.

JamesBont posted:

Biden is focused on more important issues than China and Russia. AGC

And if Biden had done anything about this, they'd be screaming themselves hoarse about interventionism and why doesn't he do anything about these domestic problems?! It's the same poo poo they always do where they yell at you for doing anything, saying you're treating the symptoms and not the root cause, but they won't do anything about the root causes either! Or at least, anything that might actually work or isn't a solution that leads back to "give Republicans infinite power to enact cristofascism."

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MechaCrash posted:

That is delightful and I fully respect it.

And if Biden had done anything about this, they'd be screaming themselves hoarse about interventionism and why doesn't he do anything about these domestic problems?! It's the same poo poo they always do where they yell at you for doing anything, saying you're treating the symptoms and not the root cause, but they won't do anything about the root causes either! Or at least, anything that might actually work or isn't a solution that leads back to "give Republicans infinite power to enact cristofascism."

I’d say Biden is doing quite a bit about Russia and China. It’s probably just not covered on Fox.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kudos to Branco, he made sure to put little bloodstains on the bowling pins where his blood-soaked hands touched them. Although that's not at all how actual juggling looks.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love how he says the same thing 3 times so you can tell how mad he is about people thinking racism is bad.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Korthal posted:

Kudos to Branco, he made sure to put little bloodstains on the bowling pins where his blood-soaked hands touched them. Although that's not at all how actual juggling looks.

Also Putin notably has no bloodstains on his hands because he is clearly defending against US aggression in Branco's world.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dirk the Average posted:

Also Putin notably has no bloodstains on his hands because he is clearly defending against US aggression in Branco's world.

Yea I"m a little surprised there's not a bowling pin labeled nato flying out of control the two are just defending themselves against.

Get it together Branco!

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

Pope:

New South Wales state election is this Saturday.

When Pope's so-so, he's good. When he's good, he's great.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
drat, that is a good one. And I wouldn't even have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

When Pope's so-so, he's good. When he's good, he's great.

Yeah, that one is another strong Stanlies candidate. He's only got five of them for his political cartoons and two "cartoonist of the year" awards so I'm sure he could fit another one in his study.

Here's some poster art.
https://twitter.com/davpope/status/1435003681020145666

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

A looming game by Cai Meng

The fact they're both evil has to be intentional.

Le Monde

by Roca from the Phillippines

Quand Xi Jinping rencontre Poutine/When Xi Jinping meets with Putin by Stellina from Taiwan

Charlie Hebdo

Pension Reform: Relief in the government
"And they're saying we're promising a Pyrrhic victory!"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the climate crisis ‘final warning’ – Scientists warn rising greenhouse gas emissions will push the world to the brink of irrevocable damage"

Telegraph:

Envy, high praise and an awkward gaffe as Putin meets Xi for talks

Matt:

Times:

Donald Trump denounces ‘Democrat plot’ over Stormy Daniels hush money claims; Boris Johnson aides ‘did not say parties followed guidance’

Evening Standard:

London deserves better, says Baroness Casey after damning Met Police report

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

It's incisive commentary!!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

raise your debtsaber! our immortal battle continues!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

OK I move to create a new award category specifically about our old friend, the DEBT label: Kellies Nomination: Worst DEBT

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Wild to think Donald Trump is edging Clay Bennett.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

This looks based on the "Coo-ee" WWI recruitment poster, Albanese called the AUKUS sub deal his "moonshot".

Rowe:

NSW state election, the polls are narrowing as the election looms.

Katauskas:

Wilcox:

The IPCC report has out while the Australian government is wanting to get its climate safeguard legislation through with the crossbench want it to go further and the Greens arguing for no more new coal or gas projects.

Golding:

Shakespeare:

There is a play about Julia Gillard's prime ministership (called "Julia") which previews have said isn't that kind towards Kevin Rudd. When Rudd was asked about this he apparently wasn't aware a play existed.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This really is the essence of PC and why it's so irritating. Just a completely unearned smugness about listening to both sides of an issue but not actually standing for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

This really is the essence of PC and why it's so irritating. Just a completely unearned smugness about listening to both sides of an issue but not actually standing for anything.

What's worse is that it doesn't even believe in the empty centrism it espouses.

Stahler's only problem with Republicans has ever been when they say the quiet parts out loud. When they remember to use the dogwhistle, he's 100% on board with them.