Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

SettingSun posted:

I can’t think of a greater list of consecutive episodes than Revenge of the Lutefisk/Life Death and Texas/ Wings of the Dope

Imo it's season 6 episodes 16-18

Beer and Loathing / Fun with Jane and Jane / My Own Private Rodeo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

BlueBayou posted:

KOTH is really consistent over the seasons. It never hits the same level as, say, peak Simpsons, but its never awful.

Except Mrs Wakefield

I'm going to ask you firmly, but politely to leave.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i got to go with Bobby Goes Nuts / Soldier of Misfortune / Lupe's Revenge + bonus Jimmy Carter xmas episode

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The correct answer is season 4, eps 5-7

Aisle 8a, A Beercan Named Desire, and Happy Hanksgiving. Mostly because of Beercan Name Desire, which is objectively the best episode, but Aisle 8a is a classic and Happy Hanksgiving has my favorite Peggy quote ("The day before Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, one of the busiest travel days of the year.")

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Moon Monster posted:

The thing that bugs me about that episode is how instantly sold everyone is on the whole "organic produce will make the football team play better!" plan. It's about as convincing as a 5 year old trying to logically debate their mom into buying them a candy bar.

See also: the cheerleaders need to go back to traditional cheers, which will cause the football team to win.

It's a line of argument that would work in most of the south and midwest. Bonus points for free student labor that teaches kids the value of hard work.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's a line of argument that would work in most of the south and midwest. Bonus points for free student labor that teaches kids the value of hard work.

Yeah, attaching something to high school football would work in Texas, that's the bit.

These communities build stuff like:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/projects/visuals/texas-high-school-stadiums/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What are all the episodes that comprise the Bobby-Connie romantic relationship arc?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What are all the episodes that comprise the Bobby-Connie romantic relationship arc?

Don't think there's much in season 1.
Main stuff is probably:

S2-20 - Bobby, Connie and Joseph run away to the sex caves
S2-22 - Connie and Bobby join the wrestling team, no girl's allowed, so coach makes them wrassle for who gets to join.
S3-59 - Yearbook shows them as a couple, they have to figure out if they are.
S4-65 - Aisle 8A
S4-75 - Naked Ambition. Bobby stumbles on Luanne naked, Joseph gets him to peep, Connie catches them.
S5-87 - Joseph's puberty makes Bobby jealous
S6-109 - Kahn bribes Bobby to break up with Connie. Connie writes a suicide note, Kahn tries to push them back together, they break up.
S6-110 - Bobby's metamorphosis into Bill

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Don that got away- Bobby and Connie flirt, threatened by Joseph
They call it Bobby love- Connie realizes she likes Bobby
Love hurts so does art- will Bobby kiss Connie
Take me out of the ball game- connie calls Bobby her boyfriend for the first time
Aisle 8a - Connie gets her period and stays over at the hills.
Won’t you pimai neighbor- Bobby chooses Connie over the luxurious life as a Tibetan/Laotian/writers don’t understand Buddhism that well Tulku
I don’t want to wait- Connie kisses joseph
Kidney boy and hamster girl- no developments but features their relationship heavily
Father of the bribe- they break up
I’m with Cupid- bill makes Bobby go incel. Bobby eventually fixes it himself by letting go

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I see by the look on your face that you did not know about the rascal

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I remember the episode where Bill is dressing as Santa too long shows them as a couple

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SettingSun posted:

I really dig the episode where Bobby joins the alternative Christian youth group. It's hilarious how much that group's antics rile Hank up.

"Hey, I think that one's smoking! (sigh) No, he's praying."

Reminds me of the Halloween one where Hank's rigid worldview is surprisingly consistent about if you're going to be rebellious and cause trouble, at least commit to it. Trying to make it cleaned-up and all Jesus-y just makes it incredibly boring and even more annoying.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"Get out of my House!....Exodus!"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I definitely missed that lady killing her own cat at first

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminds me of the Halloween one where Hank's rigid worldview is surprisingly consistent about if you're going to be rebellious and cause trouble, at least commit to it. Trying to make it cleaned-up and all Jesus-y just makes it incredibly boring and even more annoying.

If you’re going to steal a car make sure you fill the gas tank up all the way so the next time the driver drives it they think “how’d that happen”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

If you’re going to steal a car make sure you fill the gas tank up all the way so the next time the driver drives it they think “how’d that happen”

Apparently in the smoking episode he outright says "Whatever you do you should do right, even if it's something wrong."

Actually makes sense considering how much shenanigans Hank gets up to throughout the series, you don't keep getting away with that stuff without covering your tracks. Though all the main characters often have a surprising core of common sense under their quirks.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"I hope the new neighbor isn't another Kahn. His cracks about Peggy are funny but other than that he's completely useless."

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Lol at the beginning of queasy rider where hank and friends get all hyped up for the newly formed Houston Texans as a second team since Dallas has been bad for 5 seasons. A team which has been even worse than Dallas in the 20 years since.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I definitely missed that lady killing her own cat at first

What now?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
She backs over her cat to catch Hank and Bobby TPing her house and blames it on Satanists.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I like the firefighter episode. dudes being dudes

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

I am against fictional violence against cats especially comedically. Can't even watch Tom & Jerry.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I like the firefighter episode. dudes being dudes

everybody says that the boomhauer reveal is poo poo but a cop would probably make a terrible firefighter so to me it checks out

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GolfHole posted:

everybody says that the boomhauer reveal is poo poo but a cop would probably make a terrible firefighter so to me it checks out

Eh, those last episodes are "weird" in the sense that it feels like rather than giving the show a proper series finale, they gave it a string of character finales.

Although Principal Moss having that disease where he wakes up drunk in strange places makes me chuckle all the time.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

"You know who you knocked down. The chairman of the membership committee. That's right- Corky Raywood. Yeah. I'd be wetting myself too if I were you right now."

---------------------
"Also sir, your car is parked more than a foot away from the curb. I'm giving you a warning."

"You're not a cop!"

"That's why its just a warning"

God, I've met that country club security guard so many times in real life.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
"I don't know if you've ever ridden a block of ice before."

"I married Miss Liz, didn't I?"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

stealie72 posted:

Looooool

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

stealie72 posted:

and his delivery lol

one of the best exchanges in the series

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Buck using such a formal term for his wife adds so much for me. Does she insist he do it? Does he do it out of... Fear? Respect? Gold.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 22, 2023

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

He does it because its a cute name.

Buck and a lot of other people in texas say Miss more like Mizz

So Mizz Lizz is his nickname for his wife because it rhymes

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

SettingSun posted:

I really dig the episode where Bobby joins the alternative Christian youth group. It's hilarious how much that group's antics rile Hank up.

"Hey, I think that one's smoking! (sigh) No, he's praying."

Can't you tell you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

External Organs posted:

Buck using such a formal term for his wife adds so much for me. Does she insist he do it? Does he do it out of... Fear? Respect? Gold.

I had it all! A wife to mother me, a girlfriend to screw. I was living like a frenchman!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Hihohe posted:

He does it because its a cute name.

Buck and a lot of other people in texas say Miss more like Mizz

So Mizz Lizz is his nickname for his wife because it rhymes

I think its just because Buck is a LBJ parody basically and Miss Liz's a formal informal nickname like Lady Bird is. And they already have a character named Lady Bird.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
You mean Laaaaaady Biiiiiird

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Code Jockey posted:

and his delivery lol

one of the best exchanges in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlsZvXFqt8Q

Solid episode all around imo

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

"You know who you knocked down. The chairman of the membership committee. That's right- Corky Raywood. Yeah. I'd be wetting myself too if I were you right now."

---------------------
"Also sir, your car is parked more than a foot away from the curb. I'm giving you a warning."

"You're not a cop!"

"That's why its just a warning"

God, I've met that country club security guard so many times in real life.

A teenage security guard at an alcohol wristband table did this to me once because my ID was almost expired.

Me: Is that a problem?
Him: No.

I was thinking about that scene the whole time

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I watched Edumacating Lucky today and jeez, this is one of those episodes whose subject material straight up sucks. Peggy intentionally sabotages Lucky's chances at earning his GED and that forces him to have a (fake) shotgun wedding to make up for not having it before marrying Luanne. That's the kind of poo poo you'd see in an AITA post with a universal YTA response.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

SettingSun posted:

I watched Edumacating Lucky today and jeez, this is one of those episodes whose subject material straight up sucks. Peggy intentionally sabotages Lucky's chances at earning his GED and that forces him to have a (fake) shotgun wedding to make up for not having it before marrying Luanne. That's the kind of poo poo you'd see in an AITA post with a universal YTA response.

You know not every episode can be a 10.0/10.0.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

that double episode with the Mega-Lo Mart explosion was very cinematic, like a scrapped KotH movie script

everyone has epic moments. Luane bald!!! then her hair grows slowly back in subsequent eps. incredible continuity :o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

also the only other comedy series I've seen with such devotion to its lore and its utilization for jokes is Arrested Development

edit: Simpsons doesn't count. don't care if Bleeding Gums Murphy, last seen in season 2, appears in season 26 or whatever