Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Private Speech posted:

I mean even if you look at surveys of e.g. police stops of ethnic minorities:

and the rate or reporting for discrimination/hate crimes:

Denmark "wins" pretty handily? Maybe not by a lot, but relatively speaking.

I don't think any of those studies are more than 50 years old :crossarms:

e:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Estonia doesn't have any discrimination at all on that chart, thus proving it as the best Nordic country.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

Estonia doesn't have any discrimination at all on that chart, thus proving it as the best Nordic country.

You really should preface this post with a Nordic culture content warning

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the main problem with Denmark is that it's Danish, speaks Danish, and its only redeeming quality is its world prison

but other than that a lovely country I'll take a cinnamon swirl please

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Today is an interesting day to be in police custody. 90% completely on board, "finally someone listens when we tell them how hosed everything is, we've got no faith anyone's going to fix it, I'm applying to be a train driver". The PACE inspector who's a notorious pain in the arse is in hiding. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Trin Tragula posted:

Today is an interesting day to be in police custody. 90% completely on board, "finally someone listens when we tell them how hosed everything is, we've got no faith anyone's going to fix it, I'm applying to be a train driver". The PACE inspector who's a notorious pain in the arse is in hiding. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

This about the Met report?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Private Speech posted:

Maybe just go into a bit more detail, I'm willing to be proven wrong but I haven't seen anything beyond "they sided with nazis" and "antisemitism is more common" (which honestly is not a super strong signal these days, if at all). It's not like Denmark doesn't have its own lovely bits in history too.

You're being impressively polite to the goon who can't even be bothered to correct your claims and just signs off after "you're wrong and you're also poo poo"

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Microplastics posted:

You're being impressively polite to the goon who can't even be bothered to correct your claims and just signs off after "you're wrong and you're also poo poo"

I'm still around, I just catch on when I'm just repeating myself.

The history of Scandinavia, why it has the borders it does, and the historical attitudes towards race in the region are key to understanding why things are the way they are now, and they're a far larger subject than anyone but twisto could explain in the UKMT.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
boris looks thin

you're wrong and you're also poo poo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

I'm still around, I just catch on when I'm just repeating myself.

The history of Scandinavia, why it has the borders it does, and the historical attitudes towards race in the region are key to understanding why things are the way they are now, and they're a far larger subject than anyone but twisto could explain in the UKMT.

twisto was a nice lad but he didnt give a gently caress beyond like the unfortunate land border the isle of dogs had with rump UK

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I'm not defending Denmark. They're being the kind of racist they've always been, and trying to invent reasons why they're Right Actually, and that gets them a well-deserved "could you stop being so loving Swedish?".

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Welp, sorry I brought up Denmark and racism I guess.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

endlessmonotony posted:

I'm not defending Denmark. They're being the kind of racist they've always been, and trying to invent reasons why they're Right Actually, and that gets them a well-deserved "could you stop being so loving Swedish?".

You've twice mentioned this weird nonsense thing you've apparently heard while trying to defend Denmark from the accusation of being racist, and it isn't even a particularly convincing argument

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

endlessmonotony posted:

i love being swedish and working in the culinary industry like bork bork bork i need a smoke break

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
This will 100% turn out to be about how Sweden captured half of Denmark (not counting Norway) in the Treaty of Roskilde of 1658. Honesly imo you can have it back, it's full of racists

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i love being swedish and working in the culinary industry like bork bork bork i need a smoke break

Well I ain't making a better post than this anytime soon.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

Well I ain't making a...post... anytime soon.

Thanks so much

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wonder how well Boris is sleeping tonight? lol

He's due to be put in the televised stocks at 2pm, but no doubt he'll be fashionably late

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

twisto was a nice lad but he didnt give a gently caress beyond like the unfortunate land border the isle of dogs had with rump UK

This does a disservice to posts he's made in the past about travel routes and the like.

Please don't use a poster being dead to belittle their knowledge, experience and interests.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tesseraction posted:

This does a disservice to posts he's made in the past about travel routes and the like.

Please don't use a poster being dead to belittle their knowledge, experience and interests.

Twisto was very good at boiling down complex subjects into readable posts.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Wow, you've proper got your nose out of joint somewhere along the line. sorry about that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
It's interesting to see a bit of wider discussion about OFSTED.
My experience - as someone who works in schools but isn't a teacher - is that their reports often border on the useless; I've seen schools get praised for aspects of their role that they simply don't do.
So if a school can be considered by OFSTED to be doing something "to a high standard" when in reality they're not doing it at all, why even bother with the charade?
Oh wait, it's because 90% of this is so that middle-class parents can shop around for the 'best' school.
And it's partly why lots of academy chains pay Executive Headteachers a lot of money - they know next to gently caress-all about teaching, but they know how to game an inspection carried out by morons.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/willuminare/status/1638313505307734017

https://twitter.com/shirleymush/status/1638361047722500097

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I wonder how many of the bizarre laws the tories have enacted over the last few years have been traps either expose him as a hypocrite for voting against them, or make him seem deeply unpopular by abstaining.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Trin Tragula posted:

Wait, are you working in police custody, or in police custody and posting from a prison cell?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Maybe its a standard thing for DPP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Green_(barrister)
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1995/1682/regulation/3/made

In any case, good luck Kier!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

New comrade corbyn comedy routine just dropped

https://twitter.com/abcomedian/status/1638173350278352902

No I don't know if the idiocy on display is the joke either
Got a superb "this you?" here.

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1638314066845351936?s=20

(and yes its definitely him, I've seen him live)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I can't make heads or tails of what endlessmonotony is trying to say about sweden but I guess it's either that they're bad... or good???

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Fika is a pretty good concept though.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

fuctifino posted:

I wonder how well Boris is sleeping tonight? lol

He's due to be put in the televised stocks at 2pm, but no doubt he'll be fashionably late

He's gotta jog the entire 1m from the car to the entrance y'know

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
re the chat about the UK versus other places, here's a pretty topical twitter thread comparing Germany and the UK.

https://twitter.com/skedeschi/status/1638217655587840004?s=20

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

His Divine Shadow posted:

I can't make heads or tails of what endlessmonotony is trying to say about sweden but I guess it's either that they're bad... or good???

It's that they have real trouble dealing with their incredibly racist past. And very racist now.

Denmark's caught up to how racist Sweden is now, but they're probably never going to reach how racist Sweden was.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

His Divine Shadow posted:

The gist is you can't say Denmark is the most racist Scandinavian country because Sweden did bad things 100 years ago.

Which did seem like they had completely missed the point of the original post which wasn't about historical atrocities but I dunno.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

Wait, are you working in police custody, or in police custody and posting from a prison cell?

TT is a lawyer as far as I am aware.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

forkboy84 posted:

The gist is you can't say Denmark is the most racist Scandinavian country because Sweden did bad things 100 years ago.

Which did seem like they had completely missed the point of the original post which wasn't about historical atrocities but I dunno.

Well you got it badly wrong.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Danger - Octopus! posted:

re the chat about the UK versus other places, here's a pretty topical twitter thread comparing Germany and the UK.

https://twitter.com/skedeschi/status/1638217655587840004?s=20

They didn't even mention the #1 quality of life advantage Germany has over the UK - Bratkartoffeln.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

They didn't even mention the #1 quality of life advantage Germany has over the UK - Bratkartoffeln.
And kasespatzle

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Got a superb "this you?" here.

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1638314066845351936?s=20

(and yes its definitely him, I've seen him live)

There's a second one where he says it's more offensive to call a Welsh person Welsh than the n-word, because he somehow believes it's a derogatory Norse word for slave? Ignoring that it's Germanic for "non-Germanic" and used for Wallonia and Wallachia too, coming from the Norse word used to describe the French, also basically meaning "different language people," even if it was a derogatory term for slaves, that doesn't make it less offensive than the n-word, unless you're a racist white guy who thinks American chattel slavery was a colourblind business transaction.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

endlessmonotony posted:

Well you got it badly wrong.

:shrug: Well sorry but you didn't make your point particularly well, it all came off as just tangential ranting about whatever bee Sweden put in your bonnet.

I don't think anyone was saying the nation of Jimmie Åkesson's mob is somehow without flaws, lots of flaws. Although now I've looked I hadn't realised how much the Danish People's Party share of the vote had collapsed in the last few years, while the SDs keeping growing. Yikes, I will shut up now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

forkboy84 posted:

:shrug: Well sorry but you didn't make your point particularly well, it all came off as just tangential ranting about whatever bee Sweden put in your bonnet.

I don't think anyone was saying the nation of Jimmie Åkesson's mob is somehow without flaws, lots of flaws. Although now I've looked I hadn't realised how much the Danish People's Party share of the vote had collapsed in the last few years, while the SDs keeping growing. Yikes, I will shut up now

... you actually looked into it. Thank you.