Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

oh that's great, I will look into that. One nice thing about anamnesis was changing your race and I like using it to test potential fantasias (i should really stop buying those) but I don't use them THAT much and doing it for gear is much better.

:same:

I can no longer hold on to fantasia since I'll always use it sooner or later then change back when I feel bored. Although right now I want to change my bun's battle voice it feels like a waste of :10bux: since I play sound off unless it's new updates with MSQ.

Sometimes I miss my cat tail too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bruceski posted:

We're not expecting anything in the .38 patch, are we? Possibly some balance changes and "this gear's now dyable" sorts of small things?
Should be unrestricting weekly Savage chest drops/Normal blade drops and adding the ability to buy the tomestone weapon upgrade material with raid coins, too. They usually throw that in the last small patch before a new Savage raid.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Alder posted:

:same:

I can no longer hold on to fantasia since I'll always use it sooner or later then change back when I feel bored. Although right now I want to change my bun's battle voice it feels like a waste of :10bux: since I play sound off unless it's new updates with MSQ.

Sometimes I miss my cat tail too.

one time i spent $10 to adjust one slider because i made my roe too tall accidentally, i do not regret it but also i have tried to be less trigger happy with fantasias because of it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've never used a fantasia and I wish they were tradable so I could make a few mills gils off selling the one they gave me.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Not only have I never used the free fantasia, but I'm almost at Endwalker on my alt that looks identical to my main character. It would feel weird to be anything else. That's the Warrior of Light.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

FuturePastNow posted:

Who knows when it will be added to the game, but the SAM winner from the design-a-weapon contest is this

I forgot about that! Would be great to see it in-game. The daisho look is cool and I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

quote:

Fantasias :words:

I've already fantasiaed more than I should have, but SE has gotten an embarrassing amount from me hating the combat sounds of the voice I picked, forcing me to buy another one to change it. Now I start new guys and run outside like Ul'Dah or something and fight bees for a bit to get a feel for the grunts.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 22, 2023

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Bruceski posted:

We're not expecting anything in the .38 patch, are we? Possibly some balance changes and "this gear's now dyable" sorts of small things?

This and ability to use coins to upgrade tomestone weapons.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I caught up on msq after finishing 6.0 back in January 2022 and not touching any of it after. I wish I had kept up through the patches and am definitely staying on top of it from here on out. I feel like I just had so much content backlogged after hitting 90 before that I wanted to do, including leveling multiple jobs to 90, all of my doh/dol jobs, blu to 70, unlocking past raids and trials, etc. There's so much content in this game. Anyways, I love FFIV and these post 6.0 patches have been such a treat for me.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

I caught up on msq after finishing 6.0 back in January 2022 and not touching any of it after. I wish I had kept up through the patches and am definitely staying on top of it from here on out. I feel like I just had so much content backlogged after hitting 90 before that I wanted to do, including leveling multiple jobs to 90, all of my doh/dol jobs, blu to 70, unlocking past raids and trials, etc. There's so much content in this game. Anyways, I love FFIV and these post 6.0 patches have been such a treat for me.

Well, holding off means you can use the gatherer and crafter tribes to gain EXP on those jobs, etc.!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Onean posted:

Spellsword/Mystic Knight has been one of the Jobs I really want them to add, but I have no real idea for how they'd go about it. RDM is already kinda close to what I'd like, just I'd like it to be imbuing melee attacks all the time instead of as a burst. Since RDM is already pretty close, I'm not sure they find Spellsword/Mystic Knight unique enough to do.

The totally wild way to do this would be to make Mystic Knight a tank that doesn’t use MIT but instead just buffs the crapwater out of the DPS so that they do so much damage that they crush bad guys before they can take the tank out.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if they did mystic knight I think it'd be like a melee summoner where you have phases that modify your moves

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

what even are the most desired jobs left? I'm assuming it's mystic knight (judging by recent thread posting) and geomancer (something I see pop up a lot).

also wonder what weapons they'd use. geomancers would almost certainly use bells, but there's already big, small, and medium sized swords in the game so I wonder if they'd go crazy with that one.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Give me a time mage job

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

quiggy posted:

Give me a time mage job

Okay

*gives you AST*

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vitamean posted:

what even are the most desired jobs left? I'm assuming it's mystic knight (judging by recent thread posting) and geomancer (something I see pop up a lot).

also wonder what weapons they'd use. geomancers would almost certainly use bells, but there's already big, small, and medium sized swords in the game so I wonder if they'd go crazy with that one.

Green Mage and Gambler are also fairly popular depending on where you go.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
this might sound hosed up, but are retainers people? or is it a dragons dogma pawn thing?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Could see them doing beastmaster, gambler (/corsair), geomancer, magic/mystic knight. i'd be happy if they stopped adding jobs at some point, there's already so many. another ff mainstay is mime but idk how they pull that off

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guessing Puppeteer because of the second boss of the 6.3 dungeon and the note about its creator getting horny for puppets and going on a journey.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Vitamean posted:

I am still banking on Corsair for a 2nd scouting job, dual-wielding a cutlass and pistol.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zeruel posted:

this might sound hosed up, but are retainers people? or is it a dragons dogma pawn thing?

They're highly competent professionals who can store roofs in their pockets.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zeruel posted:

i think they're an advanced form of mammets given that they used to be stored in warehouses

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i kind of wish thief was its own job instead of turning into ninja. feels like it could be its own distinct thing and exist simultaneously with ninja

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

super sweet best pal posted:

Guessing Puppeteer because of the second boss of the 6.3 dungeon and the note about its creator getting horny for puppets and going on a journey.

That's the origin of a fairly repeated background character who ultimately is the reason Haukke Manor happened.

They've said that if they do Beastmaster it will almost certainly be a limited job (like Blue Mage).

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

One time my retainer brought me a stuffed marlin and I desynthesized it into a live marlin. I don't know if this helps answer the question, I just wanted everyone to know.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Zeruel posted:

they're voidsent imo. They need ventures to remain on Etheirys

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

One time my retainer brought me a stuffed marlin and I desynthesized it into a live marlin. I don't know if this helps answer the question, I just wanted everyone to know.

that's how you make it as accurate as possible

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

quiggy posted:

Give me a time mage job

they removed DoTs from every other class so that they could put time mage in the game in 7.0 and make every one of its GCDs a DoT

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vitamean posted:

It'd vary immensely based on where you ask, but I've generally vibed out that the most common in general are something like...

-Chemist
-Necromancer
-Garlean Gunblade User That's Totally Different From Gunbreaker (you can safely ignore these people for other reasons, they usually have semi-related bad opinions)
-Geomancer
-Time Mage
-Beastmaster
-Green Mage but nobody can agree what the gently caress it'd do
-Blanket category of 'jobs that would basically just be different flavors of a thing we already have' (Ranger, Thief, Berserker)

I genuinely don't think I've actually seen a lot of people outright saying they want Mystic Knight, that's more in the category where every so often you see one person ask for it and then a bunch of people reply with 'yeah that'd be cool'. Meanwhile there's like, A Crowd of people who really want Geomancer and will tell you fairly often.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 22, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vitamean posted:

they'd probably BS a new stylized sword weapon, like "Rune Saber" or something

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i want beastmaster but it'd be a limited job based on taming mobs like a wow hunter and i want limited jobs to be slightly less limited (let them queue for instances with npcs, cowards)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the gently caress game even had green mages

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

hexwren posted:

They are in one game, Tactics Advance 2, where they're a buff-focused magic job.

Green Magic appeared as a school of magic containing those spells in XII, but even in XII's job system update they weren't a job themselves.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
i count "make blue mage a real job and kill the limited job concept" as one of those too

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

hexwren posted:

all your favorites

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hexwren posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and their thing is applying debuffs.

They used maces I think.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

They were also a Viera class, so hopefully they'd be tied into the Viera of FFXIV somewhat. Basically nature themed dps casters.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

That's the origin of a fairly repeated background character who ultimately is the reason Haukke Manor happened.

Oh it's that guy from the wind-up voidsent minions? Still think it'll be him as the questgiver if it happens.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

that explains it. i got about ten minutes into the first tactics advance, the game told me not to use swords. I'm like "what the gently caress is this poo poo," used swords, got a red card, game over, never played the thing again. gently caress all that poo poo

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I once again submit a Wakka-inspired "Blitzer" as a Physical Ranged DPS job. This is the only thing I want from this game. Make it a Meracydian job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hexwren posted:

that explains it. i got about ten minutes into the first tactics advance, the game told me not to use swords. I'm like "what the gently caress is this poo poo," used swords, got a red card, game over, never played the thing again. gently caress all that poo poo

lmao way to go