Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BonHair posted:

I tried to convince my wife that actually in nature it's normal for the first baby to die because the nursing isn't working, but she wouldn't have it. Weird.

Nah, actually I wanted to do the far more CSPAM thing and get some experimental hormones so I could produce actual daddy milk, but apparently that's "too weird".

Who says you need hormones? Not this ALotD from the before times: https://unassistedchildbirth.com/inspiration/milkmen-fathers-who-breastfeed/

https://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/awful-link-1318/

Burned into my brain for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

The Chairman posted:

it tends to be, Black Friday deals in the US are usually a combination of cheap stuff heavily discounted to get people in the door and clearance pricing on last year's models and other large items they want to get rid of to make space for stuff that sells better over the holidays

they make Black Friday only models :capitalism:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Hiring managers acknowledge as much. In a survey of more than 1,000 hiring managers last summer, 27% reported having job postings up for more than four months. Among those who said they advertised job postings that they weren’t actively trying to fill, close to half said they kept the ads up to give the impression the company was growing, according to Clarify Capital, a small-business-loan provider behind the study. One-third of the managers who said they advertised jobs they weren’t trying to fill said they kept the listings up to placate overworked employees.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/that-plum-job-listing-may-just-be-a-ghost-3aafc794

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Somewhere in the usa there is a bot applying for a fake job listing at a ghost kitchen that lists it's address as an air bnb owned by a guy in another state who doesn't pay the mortgage on it and has a hidden camera in the bathroom that auto uploads the footage to a cam website that pays for it with a defunct crypto currency. Several banks will collapse because of this.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm gonna make a bot that I can sell to businesses, which applies to the business's own fake listings to inflate the numbers.

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin
how is the daily swaps going? anything stand out? got a list of banks taking advantage and by how much?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Somewhere in the usa there is a bot applying for a fake job listing at a ghost kitchen that lists it's address as an air bnb owned by a guy in another state who doesn't pay the mortgage on it and has a hidden camera in the bathroom that auto uploads the footage to a cam website that pays for it with a defunct crypto currency. Several banks will collapse because of this.

It's the old joke about two economists on a desert island, but modernized and streamlined

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Orange Devil posted:

Nickel Standard.

Nickelbugs.

William Jennings Bryan is spinning in his grave.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm a rare earth mineral-bug

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This place is insanely popular and has daily drive-thru backups that spill way out into the street. I like fried chicken as much as anybody, but I still don't get it.

This place create traffic snarls that are like In N Out tier.

And for some reason they put a Raising Canes, a drive thru Starbucks, and Chik Fil A , all within a block from each other without the sandbagging and shrieking rage that follow say, a proposed bike lane. None of the usual suspects suing everyone to prevent change came out for this and they’re getting these things built just as fast as they can .

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

Nickel Standard.

Nickelbugs.

poz my nickel hole

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

skooma512 posted:

This place create traffic snarls that are like In N Out tier.

And for some reason they put a Raising Canes, a drive thru Starbucks, and Chik Fil A , all within a block from each other without the sandbagging and shrieking rage that follow say, a proposed bike lane. None of the usual suspects suing everyone to prevent change came out for this and they’re getting these things built just as fast as they can .

A new fast casual place opened here recently that ran a weekly promotion where, on a certain day, drive thru orders were discounted. The whole idea is to create a traffic jam that generates buzz. The city, rather than telling them to gently caress off, sent police to direct traffic.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Fitzy Fitz posted:

A new fast casual place opened here recently that ran a weekly promotion where, on a certain day, drive thru orders were discounted. The whole idea is to create a traffic jam that generates buzz. The city, rather than telling them to gently caress off, sent police to direct traffic.

the system works

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/that-plum-job-listing-may-just-be-a-ghost-3aafc794

One-third of the managers who said they advertised jobs they weren’t trying to fill said they kept the listings up to placate overworked employees.

... this would actually explain a few things that went on at work over the last three years.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

hey did this thread open a cursed box or something because it sucks poo poo lately worth the Taliban talk

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
taliban ftw

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Professor Shark posted:

hey did this thread open a cursed box or something because it sucks poo poo lately worth the Taliban talk

Good job you just necroed the derail dipshit

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I know a tech company that was running the same job postings through multiple rounds of layoffs. Don’t think any insiders were fooled.

Professor Shark posted:

:qq:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

taliban ftw

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Cuttlefush posted:

taliban ftw

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

were you dead?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lumpentroll posted:

were you dead?

Every time I am quoted I steal another year of life

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Every time I am quoted I steal another year of life

Hi

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Cuttlefush posted:

taliban ftw

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Mods please name chang to DERAIL DIPSHIT, TIA.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

lumpentroll posted:

were you dead?

This was a good burn.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mawarannahr posted:

if you're going to a Starbucks at an airport or a country or something the ice americano is tolerable by virtue of dilution and freezing cold

lol

and like 300 are in london alone
I passed a regular starbucks near oxford street and turned a corner and then I saw fancy starbucks
couldnt have been more than 300 meters apart.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I once sat in a Manhattan Starbucks where I could see three other Starbucks through the windows.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

I’m like a sorcerer

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Nickelback.

Nickelbacked coin.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nickelbacked fungible tokens

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

and like 300 are in london alone
I passed a regular starbucks near oxford street and turned a corner and then I saw fancy starbucks
couldnt have been more than 300 meters apart.

There also tons on the motorways

I remember the drive from London to Cornwall just being a constant parade of vaguely Scandinavian wooden Starbucks shacks at every services on the way

And driving up north, it's less obvious, but there's still loads

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Those are clearly 3D printed too, which means they'll shatter the second any road debris hits them, much like real nuts I guess

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
sources are reporting that putin, upon seeing shayne rossini's update, has withdrawn from ukraine, ceded russia to a restored kyvian rus, and has walked into the barents sea.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

It's a joke, no? Those are cherries

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Amphigory posted:

It's a joke, no? Those are cherries

Oh you sweet innocent child

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Why would you need a box of truck nuts though. Even assuming you need them in the first place

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Here is the exact model they 3D printed after scaling it up to normal size:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1621102

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Why would you need a box of truck nuts though. Even assuming you need them in the first place

I assumed the picture was taken by the wife when she found the nuts for sale, she only bought one but took the picture in front of the box of them being sold.