Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
PFT was excellent on episode 800. Coolio on his deathbed calling out for Weird Al, and calling Hot Dog Hotington were both good bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I just loved the constant cackling in the background for 800. Buddies having a good time, bussin' each other up.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

PFT was excellent on episode 800. Coolio on his deathbed calling out for Weird Al, and calling Hot Dog Hotington were both good bits.

I believe it was "Hotting Dog"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
2 hours of involuted Andy Daly character continuity let's see how this goes

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

fez_machine posted:

2 hours of involuted Andy Daly character continuity let's see how this goes

Pretty good, OP

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I just loved the constant cackling in the background for 800. Buddies having a good time, bussin' each other up.

I was a little zoned out and missed how it started so I can't say I completely understand what's going on with this moody blues joke but i am pumped about how much fun they're all having with it

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
He said the band name was Whiter Shade of Pale which is a Procul Harum song, which is what they're all going on about.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ll admit I’ve never heard of that band before, but loved that sequence of the episode. Definitely worth rewinding to where it all starts falling apart.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I was a little disappointed to see that CBB 800 was a Bryan Denniston appearance - that character and the Royal Family are well-trod territory at this point - but it was a really fun listen. It's hard to miss with that lineup.

On this week's Walton on Walton, PFT's appearance as Gene Fontanelle AKA "Peachy," pro basketball's first mascot, is a can't miss. Starts in a goofy place and then he just keeps piling on weirder and weirder specifics (His story about being dragged from the theater mere minutes into E.T., screaming "He's up to something!" was a personal highlight.) I'm glad to hear that they're moving back to the Eat Pray Dunk format moving forward, Mark Rennie is the perfect...Foil? Compliment? for the Walton character.

To beat the College Town drum once again, Lisa Gilroy is one of the guests this week playing Hankley Cleverly, a 9-year-old British polymath who is the college's youngest and most successful student; it's (unsurprisingly) another manic, fantastic Gilroy character/performance.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Fezz posted:

He said the band name was Whiter Shade of Pale which is a Procul Harum song, which is what they're all going on about.

To be precise, he said the band name was Light Fandango, which is from the song Whiter Shade of Pale.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

JethroMcB posted:

I was a little disappointed to see that CBB 800 was a Bryan Denniston appearance - that character and the Royal Family are well-trod territory at this point - but it was a really fun listen. It's hard to miss with that lineup.

On this week's Walton on Walton, PFT's appearance as Gene Fontanelle AKA "Peachy," pro basketball's first mascot, is a can't miss. Starts in a goofy place and then he just keeps piling on weirder and weirder specifics (His story about being dragged from the theater mere minutes into E.T., screaming "He's up to something!" was a personal highlight.) I'm glad to hear that they're moving back to the Eat Pray Dunk format moving forward, Mark Rennie is the perfect...Foil? Compliment? for the Walton character.

To beat the College Town drum once again, Lisa Gilroy is one of the guests this week playing Hankley Cleverly, a 9-year-old British polymath who is the college's youngest and most successful student; it's (unsurprisingly) another manic, fantastic Gilroy character/performance.

Gene Fontanelle quickly became one of my favorite PFT characters. I really hope he shows up on CBB.

Walton on Walton has been great each week, I loved last week's episode with Will Hines, and I'm psyched for more Mark Rinnie.

I think College Town finally turned the corner for me, I really enjoyed the last two episodes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gene Fontanelle felt like a Branson Reese character, i hope we see him again too

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I read this quiz question and could only think "We're grandfathers, stay away from our granddaughter."

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Phwoar what a line up

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Neil Campbell as himself on CBB is really jarring.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
bark bowerk

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Is there any story behind Lily kind of going after Sharon Horgan other than her recent appearance not going great?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'd be curious to go behind the scenes to learn exactly how many seconds of effort neil put into his character this week (not complaining)

(bark bark)

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
We have big dawg at home

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I briefly listened to that T-Pain record based on what Scott said. He’s wrong about it not being auto tuned, but boy is it something. Don’t Stop Believing at least sounded like a band trying to play the song from memory, and they don’t all necessarily share the same memory.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I kind of like how it sounds a bit like a jam sesh or house band. That sounds insulting, but I don’t mean it that way.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is College Town a sequential thing you should start from the beginning, or can you just jump in anywhere? I'm intrigued by the promises that it's good now but I don't really feel like listening to the growing pains

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is College Town a sequential thing you should start from the beginning, or can you just jump in anywhere? I'm intrigued by the promises that it's good now but I don't really feel like listening to the growing pains

You can just jump in wherever, there's continuity with Seth and Erin's characters but it's all minor, incidental stuff. (And they recount all the noteworthy bits regularly.)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope Edi Patterson keeps coming back for Entree peeE neur, i always love her appearances

also carl tart's trump impression caught me completely off guard lmao

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Ainsley McTree posted:

also carl tart's trump impression caught me completely off guard lmao

It was legitimately great

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Every segment of this Entree P. Neur episode is better than the last. "Ah there's no beating Carl singing "Respect" as Trump demanding that the backing track be turned off. No, Edi's reaction to learning that 21 Savage is British has to be the high mark. Ahhh, never mind, nobody's coming up with a line better than "My name's Jim Jacabovich and I'm gonna get right to it: I'm tired of all these people tellin' me to get a vasectomy." Wait, no, Lisa Gilroy just said that she's a student at "The Little School for Little Gorgeous Boys", there's no topping that."

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Happy Wet Day for all who observe. Going to enjoy some cherry tomatoes, extra wet today.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I am enjoying Brett's recurring role as Mark Padavano

also his recurring role as the pervert Brett Morris on this book changed my life

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He's also very fun as Teddy on College Town

It's fine to face facts: Brett's actually getting pretty good

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I always liked hearing from Brett, but I also enjoyed Scott getting mad at any engineers who got on the mic.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

He's also very fun as Teddy on College Town

It's fine to face facts: Brett's actually getting pretty good

I enjoy him on CBB and I’m glad it’s become a little showcase for him but I’m also glad the engineers don’t get on mic for the main show for the most part

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah imagine how annoying it would be if Kevin ever talked.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Chef Kevin is bae no cap

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

They brought him on stage for the hollywood handbook live show i went to (east coast so I assume he tours with them, unless he just happened to be in town that day) and I thought he did well

they didn't let him have a chair where people could see him though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I didn't see this live but I've always enjoyed this from Kevin.
https://youtu.be/LQEgZJfbX9Y

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I was at that show, it was a fun one! Kevin did a great job of working the crowd for someone who's not an entertainer.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

I just got my book in (signed by Scott, PFT, and Lauren) and it is thicc.

I flipped through it a bit and it’s worth the price alone for Foam Corner.

I’m really looking forward to reading the whole thing. It’s a really really nice production.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Shoegazing posted:

I just got my book in (signed by Scott, PFT, and Lauren) and it is thicc.

I flipped through it a bit and it’s worth the price alone for Foam Corner.

I’m really looking forward to reading the whole thing. It’s a really really nice production.

Oh dang I'm jealous! Mine isn't estimated to arrive for another couple weeks. I kind of felt bad after hearing Scott complain about how many he had to sign haha. But not that bad because he got my money.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Few weeks out on mine as well. Also I accidentally ordered two when I couldn't find my first order in my email and thought I hadn't ordered one yet so I'll have to see if there is any difference in the signatures before I give a copy to a friend of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I got Scott, PFT, and Andy Daly.