Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

"The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping."

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Personal horrible mechanical failure today. I’m trying to replace my front lower control arms cause the bushings are shot. I got the left side done and I went to go on to the right, got half way taking it out when I realized to get one of the bolts out, I’m going to have to take the loving A/C compressor out.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

If that actually was what the picture was implying...

1) Wouldn't there be scrape marks on the pavement?
2) Wouldn't the rear bumper of that truck be destroyed since even it isn't high enough to fully clear that as it exited out the back
3) Shouldn't there be one HELL of a lot more fluids on the road?

That looks more like someone was transporting a transmission and it fell out or whatever happened to drop the transmission happened awhile ago and it was just moved to the side of the road.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Large Testicles posted:

Personal horrible mechanical failure today. I’m trying to replace my front lower control arms cause the bushings are shot. I got the left side done and I went to go on to the right, got half way taking it out when I realized to get one of the bolts out, I’m going to have to take the loving A/C compressor out.

Can you unbolt an engine mount and jack the engine up instead?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

fridge corn posted:

Can you unbolt an engine mount and jack the engine up instead?

Hadn’t thought about that. I ended up throwing it back together cause I had to go to work but I’ll look into doing that next attempt

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo there are some good ones there for sure. I loved this especially.

https://youtu.be/3HKp2tRKo38?t=98

And the last one :3:

"A shop told him to remove his CV axles" :stare:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I read that as "he removed his CV axles himself and then, when incredulously questioned why, said a mechanic told him to"

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Or "shop" is his stupid as gently caress buddy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

not exactly a failure but I wasn't sure of a better place to put this
(NSFW audio)
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rrsbylTagl1r0uzl6.mp4

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I once wrapped a barbed wire fence up in a driveline and it looked sort of like that.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I once wrapped a barbed wire fence up in a driveline and it looked sort of like that.

It took me a minute to realize that's not what happened here.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I once crashed into a barb wire fence while riding a bike and looked like that except with a lot more blood.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

bull3964 posted:

If that actually was what the picture was implying...

1) Wouldn't there be scrape marks on the pavement?
2) Wouldn't the rear bumper of that truck be destroyed since even it isn't high enough to fully clear that as it exited out the back
3) Shouldn't there be one HELL of a lot more fluids on the road?

That looks more like someone was transporting a transmission and it fell out or whatever happened to drop the transmission happened awhile ago and it was just moved to the side of the road.

Correct. I think it fell out of a truck and they stopped to pick it up.

Also, that's a 4L80e not a 4L60e. Unfortunately it's got a broken bellhousing so it's not worth the $450+ it would be worth as a core right now if it was intact. They were going even higher than that on eBay last summer.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I was going to make a 4L60 joke. Damnit Ken.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Leperflesh posted:

not exactly a failure but I wasn't sure of a better place to put this
(NSFW audio)
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rrsbylTagl1r0uzl6.mp4

Hell of a way to scare off cat thieves.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Large Testicles posted:

it's fuckin dead on Hot for Teacher

Exactly!

Jesus Christ - cargo baskets are only like $50 at HF.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Jesus Christ - cargo baskets ratchet straps are only like $50 $5 at HF.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yes, but how much is your quad, particularly when it fall off and through the car behind you?
(I understand the "logic.")

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Darchangel posted:

Yes, but how much is your quad, particularly when it fall off and through the car behind you?
(I understand the "logic.")

That requires forward-thinking.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Huh, I guess I can see why I have to replace the coil on cylinder 1 every 20k miles

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

sharkytm posted:

That requires forward-thinking.

True.
Lot is f folks not great at that. I have my moments myself.

The Door Frame posted:

Huh, I guess I can see why I have to replace the coil on cylinder 1 every 20k miles

Spillage from the oil fill?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Darchangel posted:

True.
Lot is f folks not great at that. I have my moments myself.

Spillage from the oil fill?

Nope, that's water. This engine is known to accumulate moisture near cylinder 1, but I never realized what "accumulate" means

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

The Door Frame posted:

I zoomed in, and then just tried to wipe the schmutz off the coil through my phone screen

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Nope, that's water. This engine is known to accumulate moisture near cylinder 1, but I never realized what "accumulate" means

Oh, I was looking at the wrong end! Wow. Does it have a beauty cover? If so, I’d leave that off and check it often.
Edit: I, too was phone posting and didn’t zoom enough.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I forgot to comment on the quality of this post yesterday. Well done.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Oh, I was looking at the wrong end! Wow. Does it have a beauty cover? If so, I’d leave that off and check it often.
Edit: I, too was phone posting and didn’t zoom enough.

Yeah, I broke the cover on accident, but I'm ordering a new one. I'd never seen that kind of puddle underneath when the cover was on

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The Door Frame posted:

Wow that took me a while to spot as well. WTF.
Guess you gotta get that coil cover back on there ASAP.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
These are always good, but the timestamp I linked is the first time I've gasped in a while :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R3IQwjI50A&t=298s

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Goddamn there were some absolutely crazy ones in that video

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/bryanpassifiume/status/1639996023941615618?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

chev front ends and bros. never even once.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"My lift/wide stance kit is a threat to myself and others."

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
There's zero chance that bro truck bro didn't know there was something up before the wheel bearing finally let go. The Kia driver should absolutely sue for negligence. In a just world, that truck is owned by the bro's profitable business, but more than likely they come away with the insurance payout + the bro's net worth, which was & is now a damaged Chevrolet Silverado.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Welp that's it I'm done driving.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Holy poo poo the airtime

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:stare:

I don't know what I expected but that wasn't it

smax
Nov 9, 2009

That tire hadn’t had enough either, it came back for a second hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
That fuckin car got enough air for the bro truck to drive underneath it while in the air.

Also yeah, fuckin tire ain't had enough has to come back for another one.