Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hello thread!
We're six months away from joining y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

mazel tov, do you know if its going to be a boy or a girl yet?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

lobster shirt posted:

mazel tov, do you know if its going to be a boy or a girl yet?
Ty
She got the generic screening blood test and it says girl. We're meeting the doctor next week to go over the results and I'm sure he'll tell us officially.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

spring break two weeks both of us work, pray for mojo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cassette Moodcore posted:

spring break two weeks both of us work, pray for mojo

We're on spring break too. Had to beg borrow and steal to get the kid into a daycare that was still open.

Then it promptly closed because a teacher got COVID.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Hello thread!

Congrats!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yesterday and this morning he's been saying Froggy and Naked, words he learned at bath time.

It's sounds so much like he is singing "gently caress you" and the n-word. Just over and over in that toddler babble cadence. It's the best

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This morning my daughter asked me if I have ever been an octopus and I got a little disappointed at how life is going to let her down

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

loquacius posted:

This morning my daughter asked me if I have ever been an octopus and I got a little disappointed at how life is going to let her down

You haven't been an octopus yet

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yesterday I was reading with my son and we were in my bed which is a king so it's pretty big.

he says "do you want this blanket?"

and I said "no but thanks"

and then he says "what about this pillow?"

and I grabbed the pillow and said "thanks"

and then after a moment of silence he says "what I'm actually saying is you could come cuddle up next to me if you wanted to."

:3:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
:kimchi:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Very proud of my 4 year old for identifying a 10 year old boy she wanted to be friends with and just chatting him up. Get that bag girl.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

HootTheOwl posted:

Hello thread!

Congratulations!

Baby girl Is over a month by now. Had some gas problems with the original formula. But now she Is on a more expensive one.

And just found out that putting her in the belt baby carrier in hammock mode knocks her right out for her night sleep.

Sandtrout Catsuit
Feb 15, 2008

They were all over his body now. He could feel the pulse of his blood against the living membrane.
4th grader doing her spelling homework: "I made all the example sentences about how I don't like the police!"

We had her IEP meeting yesterday. The teachers praised "her world knowledge."

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

We had a great sleepover party last night for one of my tween kids. They had tons of fun and stayed up until 5am eating sugary snacks and watching movies. Just good old fashioned kids stuff, my heart is very full today. :)

We refused to give the wifi password out to kids who brought their own devices, which wasn't super popular but I think the right call. My wife just commented that "did you notice all the kids who asked for wifi passwords were the ones who had anxiety stuff going on?" and she's absolutely right.

Food for thought, Cspam parents.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

why not give them the wifi password, not sure i understand

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

So they have to hang out with each other instead of looking at their screens.

e: it worked too, they even had a Ouija board going at one point

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh that makes sense lol, i gotcha

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Another Bill posted:

This is adorable. I LOVE that they were into the ouija board.

We have started potty training the little one. The idea that there might be a time where I'm not changing diapers daily almost seems unreal.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Greg Legg posted:

This is adorable. I LOVE that they were into the ouija board.

We have started potty training the little one. The idea that there might be a time where I'm not changing diapers daily almost seems unreal.

we're a ways away from that with our girl and the thought kind of makes me sad for some reason? we even doing cloth diapers so im spraying poo poo out of one a day almost every day. maybe i have brain damage from sleep deprivation

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dreylad posted:

maybe i have brain damage from sleep deprivation

Thread title

Oh don't worry you'll still get to spray shitted up clothes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

look at this way, you are exchanging having to change diapers all the time for constantly stressing and worrying about the toilet needs of little kids who go from "i am fine" to "i am five seconds away from making GBS threads my pants" in a heartbeat

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah okay that's a good point.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Another Bill posted:

I take it they don't have a data plan on their phones? (a concept so foreign to me that initially I just didn't understand your post and had to think about it for a good minute)

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

look at this way, you are exchanging having to change diapers all the time for constantly stressing and worrying about the toilet needs of little kids who go from "i am fine" to "i am five seconds away from making GBS threads my pants" in a heartbeat

*checks watch*

"Ok time to go potty."

"I don't have to."

"Go to the potty."

"No I don't."

*bribes are offered, threats made, voices are raised*

"See? You peed. That's pee in the potty. You had to go potty."

"No I didn't."

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Toddler boy is using words effectively. When I put him on the changing table he looks up at me and says "I pooped :(" and I open it up and there's poop there. Proud of my boy.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

Note: the five seconds may be in either direction.

As mentioned, the baby started eating porridge this month. This meant that his pooping went from 4 times per day to no poop Tuesday through Saturday last week. A bit scary for the parents, but he gave no shits. And it wasn't even a poop explosion!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I wait at the bus stop with my eldest and some other parents each morning but this time it was just me with them. an old dude I've never seen before detoured and jogged close to us in a funny looking track outfit and one of the kids pointed and started yelling "hey, look banana man" and then all of the kids started screaming "banana man banana man" until he disappeared. I'm glad he didn't keel over from embarrassment. buzz off weirdo!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Microplastics posted:

I take it they don't have a data plan on their phones? (a concept so foreign to me that initially I just didn't understand your post and had to think about it for a good minute)

I don't know honestly but I don't think so. I know my kid has a data plan but it's limited (2gb/month).

We were really pleased with how it sorted out and now we're talking about getting a basket at the front door for guests of all ages to deposit their phones into upon arrival.

e: A banana yellow tracksuit sounds cool as hell and I kind of want one

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol

welp this is the second time I've been laid off during a pregnancy. I have had two pregnancies and two layoffs and they always overlap

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

lol

welp this is the second time I've been laid off during a pregnancy. I have had two pregnancies and two layoffs and they always overlap

In Denmark at least, the burden of proof is on the employer to prove they didn't fire you for being pregnant. At least check with your union if they'll raise a stink with you. This assumes that you're not in a shithole country of course.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
gonna go out on a limb here...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BonHair posted:

In Denmark at least, the burden of proof is on the employer to prove they didn't fire you for being pregnant. At least check with your union if they'll raise a stink with you. This assumes that you're not in a shithole country of course.

guess what

A hundred people got laid off today. No union. Think I'm SOL

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

guess what

A hundred people got laid off today. No union. Think I'm SOL

Sucks poo poo. But still, part of me believes your Norwegian, you might reasonably be able to get a few extra months pay. Back when I had my first kid, I was fired from my job in the trial period and probably in reality as a stealth budget cut. My union basically told me I had no case, but that they'd pretend I did. This gave me two or three extra months pay, which was nice.
Join a union imo.

Anyway, I'm posting because the 5 month old is sleeping on me and posting is all I can do. My arm and coccyx hurt.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

lol

Best of luck, YOSPOS discord has some resume templates I yanked from a cybersecurity boot camp and a bunch of computer toucher resources. You'll bounce back, I believe in u

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Just heard from a daycare place I don't remember applying to that they have an opening for our eight month old for the summer!

Skimming through the paperwork... oh just $2,900 a month you say? That's real shocking you have openings.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah it was pretty wild to realize that we would save money if i just didn't work and looked after the kid full-time instead of working and sending my entire paycheque to the daycare

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
And you know that money isn't going to the actual human beings who watch your kid.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dreylad posted:

yeah it was pretty wild to realize that we would save money if i just didn't work and looked after the kid full-time instead of working and sending my entire paycheque to the daycare

This came up in the toons thread recently, there's a stigma for SAH parenting as rich-people poo poo, I suspect because people don't realize exactly how hosed our childcare system or lack thereof is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dreylad posted:

We had the same realization but ended up working it out with my office so that I could work from home. We would bring in a nanny 3 days a week from 9am-3pm to help out Tues-Thurs. It sounds like a lovely job but you'd be surprised how many people are semi-retired or part-time students looking to pick up some hours.

It was great, especially because I was basically around my kids their whole upbringings.

e: It was 10 years ago, we were paying $15/hr then so ~270 a week.

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 16:11 on Mar 29, 2023