Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Lightbearers kinda suck rear end at the entire "not dying" thing.
Just a dogshit immortal race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Lightbearers kinda suck rear end at the entire "not dying" thing.
Just a dogshit immortal race.

It's not that they can't go down, it's just they get up again. You're never gonna keep them down.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kith posted:

I made the mistake of posting [...] on reddit

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

:hmmyes:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

edit: thankyou for the gold kind stranger

that sucks kith, specially when the run was dope :(

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I guess I was wrong about when to start my stopwatch for Partition, because it said 6:58 while the game must have thought it was over 7

Oh well, try again in 3 weeks

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Kith posted:

i couldn't sleep so i knocked out a solo flawless run of legendary avalon ("actually legendary this time" edition)

also included: narration and other musings in fireteam chat

Impressive. I guess it's time to finally pull out that dusty exotic I haven't touched in years.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Horsebanger posted:

edit: thankyou for the gold kind stranger

that sucks kith, specially when the run was dope :(

its whatever lmao i just thought it was wild because i'm trying to do a nice thing for folks and the backlash is just ?????

ponzicar posted:

Impressive. I guess it's time to finally pull out that dusty exotic I haven't touched in years.

Thank you! It's a good gun, I highly recommend it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
As a general rule of thumb if you struggle with something they don't then you are a "dumb baby blueberry who should go play something else" and if you can do something they struggle with you're "a tryhard elitist jerk who is the reason the game is too hard for anyone to play any more".

You did good Kith, sorry it wasn't appreciated.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
If you equip two special weapons and a heavy weapon, does the game get a little more liberal with ammo drops?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

huh weird.. Zavala handed me a pamphlet on the way to this week's nightfall. "Cabal Thresher Turrets and You"

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why dont they build their entire army out of the thresher

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bleck posted:

If you equip two special weapons and a heavy weapon, does the game get a little more liberal with ammo drops?

Yes. You also get more heavy in addition to more special.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
3rd and final Legendary Avalon complete :toot:

It has unique dialog once you've completed the Control Alt Complete quest

Asher certainly got his revenge...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Zokari posted:

why dont they build their entire army out of the thresher

A thresher with a bunch of scorpion turrets glued to it would be unstoppable!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Legend of Acrius on Nezarec is fun, and it does about as much damage as rockets from what I've seen, win-win. I had pretty good luck with the other raid exotics so I'm expecting like 100 clears before I get the shotty

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
ok solo flawless legend avalon done

cheesed the heck out of it

gyrfalcon hunter, used fighting lion + commemoration in first encounter in honor of kith, swapped to ikelos smg and wishender for second and third.

orb on shield break with the right element + devour + health on orb pick up = you are wolverine

hangout outside the pit, periodically refreshing invis until the last few seconds

you can dodge right as you deposit the motes to prevent the pop up??

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I started D2 just before shadowkeep (aka no-shadow-backsies) and feel dumb as hell for having this question after 5 years of playing but

How do I know which legendary gun is good?

I know the correct answer is "Do you enioy using it and are you able to clear content with it? Then it's good for you." But in reality to me a scout rifle is a scout rifle is a scout rifle, same with auto rifles, sidearms, shotguns, snipers, etc. I have no idea what the differences between the different frames are or why I want perk X over perk Y or actually on this particular gun perk Y is better than X.

I use DIM and it thankfully has automatic built in community recommended perks so when I have five copies of go figure I huck the four that don't have tiny little thumbs ups on them. Except often times guns will have multiple recommended perks and I have no idea which version to use or why.

I don't know why this roll is a god roll, etc. Hip fire on a shotgun seems good, but it's not liked by the community on this particular drop, so clearly there's a reason as to why not.
How I pick good gun and have fun?
https://www.d2checklist.com/
D2 Checklist really helped me start to get this and pare things down. It'll highlight godrolls, close to godrolls, pve or pvp, or which perks themselves are good. Plus, it's quick to sort by weapon type, frame, and element to see if you already have 7 pulse rifles that all do the same thing and really only need 1. Some of the new weapons each season don't show up for some time until their recommended rolls get added into the data sets out there.

Also, on the home page when logged in it shows things vendors have for sale that you're missing or are worthwhile, so I've caught a few missing armor sets and weapons that way.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mazerunner posted:

used fighting lion + commemoration in first encounter in honor of kith

:hehe:

congrats on the run! no shame in cheesing it, there are so many aspects of that mission that suck bad lmao

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
What's a reasonable level for a more casual player to attempt legend lost sectors? I tried my first one today at 1805. The first few champions I could whittle down, but the boss together with another champion plus ads... not so much.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GhostDog posted:

What's a reasonable level for a more casual player to attempt legend lost sectors? I tried my first one today at 1805. The first few champions I could whittle down, but the boss together with another champion plus ads... not so much.

Less of reasonable level and more “is this an easy lost sector” because within LLS themselves some are considerably harder than others.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

got hierarchy of needs, hell of a way to start the day. Excited to mess around with it after college

Also dusted off my old godroll chroma rush and it cooks, hope those primary weapon buffs are substantial for autos cause id love to run it in raids

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Actually the best part of this week's seasonal story is when I took a call from Amanda in the HELM and then I had to take a whole-rear end spaceflight to Earth to take another call from Devrim because he doesn't know the HELM's number or something

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Deterministic Chaos is smoooth

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it has its own area code though, like jesus christ i know LMGs are big guns but it has a bunch of poo poo sticking off of it on top of that

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I like the wing on the side that feels like it would be smacking your guardian in the face as they run.

To be honest I don't really like that you need to hold to fire to get the benefit. A small grace period for tap firing would be nice.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Actually the best part of this week's seasonal story is when I took a call from Amanda in the HELM and then I had to take a whole-rear end spaceflight to Earth to take another call from Devrim because he doesn't know the HELM's number or something
Holoprojector messages are the 'this could have been an email' of the Destiny story. Substantially less annoying if you have an SSD I guess but for last gen console players it's an opportunity to check facebook I guess.

Also Amanda being dead is going to be the new "Cayde is dead, but has audio in this strike / story mission" after they redid a bunch of the strikes to remove his audio... and replaced it with Amanda.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/benjjjyy/status/1638210976435585030?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

We’re about to see a speedrun in the launch to nerf category

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Holoprojector messages are the 'this could have been an email' of the Destiny story. Substantially less annoying if you have an SSD I guess but for last gen console players it's an opportunity to check facebook I guess.

Also Amanda being dead is going to be the new "Cayde is dead, but has audio in this strike / story mission" after they redid a bunch of the strikes to remove his audio.

They doesn’t have any audio in strikes does she? And they already removed her dialogue from the seasonal battlegrounds, I read.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They doesn’t have any audio in strikes does she? And they already removed her dialogue from the seasonal battlegrounds, I read.

Off the top of my head she talks in the original Nessus Battleground, the one that ends at the start of Proving Grounds.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm not sure. Where Amanda has strike dialog? The seasonal battlegrounds have frequently had dialog the updates to reflect events in the seasonal story - this one is no different. She wasn't in the arms dealer strike that I did last night, and I don't really see why she'd be in lake of shadows either.

The revamped Arms Dealer strike was kind of neat. I like that they route you a little differently. I like that it acknowledges that it's a new strike, and there's enough that's a little different that it feels fresh. I think they said they plan to revamp another one (Inverted Spire?) next season, so looking forward to that. Wonder if they'll also start to unvault strikes and revamp those.

I don't really like that boss room featuring gunships that you can't really get cover from? (Although I think you can shoot the gun off of the dropship you otherwise can't shoot down.) In general that boss room feels a little mean, and I don't really love the spot early in the strike where you pick up a ball and it goes "psyche" and spawns a crapload of enemies where you need to take the ball so you basically need to drop it and clear them out first.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Wonder if they'll also start to unvault strikes and revamp those.
It's nice that the changes to the scripting engine and internal teams are enabling them to work on new content, but it sure would be nice if they'd pivot away from adding to The PvE Mode Nobody Gives A poo poo About™ and add maps to crucible or gambit.

Savathûn's Song would be cool to have back, but unless they also bring Titan back I feel like new players are going to be confused from the aesthetic about if they're on Europa or Neomuna or that one crucible map.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

rumor is that Titans coming back in Season of the Deep, bringing back Savathuns Song and Will of the Thousands would be cool.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's nice that the changes to the scripting engine and internal teams are enabling them to work on new content, but it sure would be nice if they'd pivot away from adding to The PvE Mode Nobody Gives A poo poo About™ and add maps to crucible or gambit.

Savathûn's Song would be cool to have back, but unless they also bring Titan back I feel like new players are going to be confused from the aesthetic about if they're on Europa or Neomuna or that one crucible map.

I imagine that new players must exist in a constant state of utter confusion at this point, I doubt Titan coming back would make much difference tbh. Imagine logging in to Destiny for the first time ever and the Lightfall cutscene plays lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just had a dumb idea where they should have crucible maps pull double duty for some kind of pve horde mode. Or maybe a crucible/gambit rotator mode that leans into a pve aspect.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The new Arms Dealer seems to be specifically set up to mess with people who try to run the playbook from the old version. Especially the lift, which will definitely completely kill anyone who tries to charge and burn the boss

arsenicCatnip posted:

rumor is that Titans coming back in Season of the Deep, bringing back Savathuns Song and Will of the Thousands would be cool.

That was a Mars strike, but they already brought back a chunk of Mars for the heist battleground so who knows

haveblue fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 22, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Just had a dumb idea where they should have crucible maps pull double duty for some kind of pve horde mode. Or maybe a crucible/gambit rotator mode that leans into a pve aspect.

Make crucible matches be in public spaces / patrol zones :getin:

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

haveblue posted:

That was a Mars strike, but they already brought back a chunk of Mars for the heist battleground so who knows

was WotT mars? I thought you fought Xol on Titan.

I barely played the game during this point so I'm probably just misremembering

Oxyclean posted:

Valor Battlegrounds where you clear out waves of enemies with Redjacks so they can be used as crucible maps

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Make crucible matches be in public spaces / patrol zones :getin:
The Trostland church area on EDZ could maybe be a fun FFA crucible map. Get some old school FPS vibes with players finding random corners to camp in.

arsenicCatnip posted:

was WotT mars? I thought you fought Xol on Titan.

I barely played the game during this point so I'm probably just misremembering

Valor Battlegrounds where you clear out waves of enemies with Redjacks so they can be used as crucible maps

Yeah Will of the Thousands was Mars, it was part of the Warmind story. You go through the Rasputin mind labs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Weird. looking at screen caps I was definitely thinking of Will of the Thousands but I thought it was on one the Titan rigs and Xol was coming out of the ocean.