Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Bottas posed nude for the GP Racing April 2023 issue.

Not really NSFW but spoiling it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm just disappointed that's not in a higher circulation magazine

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Alpha Romeo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

spaceblancmange posted:

already know how it ends, yawn

Imagine if they go rogue, he survives Imola and they do 6 series of him winning every title until 2001.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/F1DataAnalysis/status/1638485574888701952

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Anime Store Adventure posted:

There’s no way that merc is going to redesign their car enough to compete against Red Bull. I want it to happen too but this is magical thinking based off of only quotes from the team.

I’ll happily eat my words but there’s no way.

I'd love to see some competition for the top spot but there's no way Mercedes is going to find 20+ seconds of pace without a magic lamp or something

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

(tied with Haas)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I'd love to see some competition for the top spot but there's no way Mercedes is going to find 20+ seconds of pace without a magic lamp or something
They could find a lot. Their issue is clearly drag, they just don't seem to have the regulation concept nailed at all.

Jeddah 2021:

Jeddah 2023:

Most of everyone has made big gains, and the RBR is only 2-3kph faster than an Alpha or a Haas at top speeds.
Merc have obviously decided they were fast enough in a straight line before, so their concept is maximizing other factors. Some teams have clearly seen the regulation change as an opportunity to lower drag and increase straight line speed and made huge gains similar to RBR.

If they can broadly copy another team's low drag concept and then iterate, they should be a lot closer.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'm sorry but I almost let that sit there without saying "lmao mclaren"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mercedes have a plan, part of it is what they are briefing publicly and the other part involves burning the Red Bull factory down

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They're banking on Newey killing another driver at this point

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Zedd posted:

What wrong with LobosJr? Aside from being a gamer ofc; haven't watched stuff of his in ages but he seemed okay.

I don't think he's a sex pest but he definitely fooled around behind his fiance / girlfriend's back and got called out on it on stream. In the same class as pretty much every other gamer identifying person out there by being at least sex pest adjacent.

Trap sprung, etc

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

I don't think he's a sex pest but he definitely fooled around behind his fiance / girlfriend's back and got called out on it on stream. In the same class as pretty much every other gamer identifying person out there by being at least sex pest adjacent.

Trap sprung, etc

Can’t be true. Everybody knows gamers don’t get any.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Anime Store Adventure posted:

There’s no way that merc is going to redesign their car enough to compete against Red Bull. I want it to happen too but this is magical thinking based off of only quotes from the team.

I’ll happily eat my words but there’s no way.

I can’t imagine they have the wind tunnel time to design a whole new car. Unless it’s their turn to trade plans and they make a black Aston.

Time will tell though

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

doesn the cost cap stuff prevent Merc from making any major changes in the current season?

or is it still early enough so they wouldnt have spent on many replacement parts and instead focus on new design? I'm not sure how the budget allocation works but it seem like that would be a significant constraint in any major design changes

not to mention they likely still don't have a ton of wind tunnel time or w/e since the tiered model is now in place and they were still 3rd last year...

Anyway MotoGP starts this weekend so we can watch some actual racing.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

SocksAndSandals posted:

doesn the cost cap stuff prevent Merc from making any major changes in the current season?

depends on their catering

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

or is it still early enough so they wouldnt have spent on many replacement parts and instead focus on new design? I'm not sure how the budget allocation works but it seem like that would be a significant constraint in any major design changes

not to mention they likely still don't have a ton of wind tunnel time or w/e since the tiered model is now in place and they were still 3rd last year...

What cost cap?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

trigger warning: meme idea

anakin: we are looking at all visible parts of the car
padme: that includes the under floor right??

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

SocksAndSandals posted:

With dual Italian reigning champions. An actual race with actual passione

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
max has been very busy on iracing

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

this is crazy to me

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

some of the most fun i've had in iracing is battling in the midfield while the top 4 or 5 cars are all miles away. i wonder if it gets boring just winning every race from P1. those are high sof splits too and he seems to be just walking it.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Sunk Dunk posted:

vs

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
do you think max wears his race suit when he does iracing (i think so)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

maybe he was on his plane? that makes it less crazy

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Beep boop racing automaton must race.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the milk machine posted:

do you think max wears his race suit when he does iracing (i think so)

his race suit is different from his racing suit and he probably only wears it when he goes to race meetings with his dad and the piquets

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im so jealous of him. just to be so good at something, and not only so good, so passionate that you can do it in real life, as a job, for fun, in the simulator. he must be so much happier than me

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
if i were a multimillionaire race car driver i would simply enjoy life when i'm off instead of playing racing video games like a sad sack.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

When I played iRacing I dutifully practiced for an hour or more a day on the first track of week one of Mazdas. I qualified great and ended up on pole for my first race. Got off the start great and then got so loving nervous that I spun completely unaided in turn 1.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Also Ferrari

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

nawilo_420 posted:

if i were a multimillionaire race car driver i would simply enjoy life when i'm off instead of playing racing video games like a sad sack.
I dunno maybe I'm broke brained but if I was the best in the world at two things I would probably enjoy doing those things.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

the only safety rating Checo worries about is the quality of the rubber

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This speaks volumes

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

I dunno maybe I'm broke brained but if I was the best in the world at two things I would probably enjoy doing those things.

I mean you're pretty bad at posting and yet you persist, so 🤷

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nawilo_420 posted:

I'm a mechanic who works on old poo poo and one time I downloaded a Museum Tank Repair Simulator. It sucked. It had nothing to do with taking old things apart and seeing what broke, it was basically a small business simulator.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

We all spend hours of the year watching funeral processions so I don't think anyone in this thread is any position to talk

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/valtteribottas/status/1638448435249524744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Great to see a Colab with partyboi69