Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

Perfect Effect's Mega Doragon (yes that is how it's spelled/said). They also did an Optimal Optimus called Beast Gorira which, as far as i'm concerned, fixed Optimal's design.

Edit: Unfortunately re-issues for the figure have been more than scarce so finding them now for a good price is gonna prove difficult.
oof, ow, my bones

guess I'll pray for another reissue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

where the hell is my preorder link for tigerstripe G2 Grimlock

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

Here's my Beastie Boys and Girls

I have another one on its way from China right now, I will post when I get it (hopefully this week).

Where’s that giant TM2 Megatron from? Was it third party?

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Sockser posted:

It'll be here any day now, along with the one for Velocitron Hot Rod.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Where’s that giant TM2 Megatron from? Was it third party?

Jiang Xing MetalBeast-01. Plenty of reviews up on Youtube for it, and almost all of it is universal praise.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

TaurusOxford posted:

Jiang Xing MetalBeast-01. Plenty of reviews up on Youtube for it, and almost all of it is universal praise.

That's the one. It's a good dragon. Definitely not a bad dragon.

Joe Fisto posted:

This enormous hunk of Chinese IP infringement arrived today. Taratnula for scale.

Now I just need an MP type Optimal Optimus and my BW leaders are complete!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Anybody got the little tiny one?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sockser posted:

Yeah, I need to know this too. I need more garish eyesores for medical reasons.

The reason is they make me happy.

Anyway, I came here to post this:

No idea if this is real or not.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Back is out too. Kinda lazy?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hasbro, this is the fourth time you've brought SS86 Kup to Show and Tell

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dabir posted:

They just think he's neat!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Before the back of the box got posted, I thought that was supposed to be Springer from that scene where they use that giant bolt thrower against Devastator in the 86 movie and was hoping we'd get like a cardboard cutout of the bolt thrower vehicle.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Back is out too. Kinda lazy?

I like getting a Dion, I don't like that it's the same mold as Orion Pax. And apparently we actually saw Dion's vehicle mode and it doesn't look much like that.

In other leak news, we're getting Nacelle as an Amazon exclusive.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/03/22/new-exclusive-transfomers-figure-listings-found-478660

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Knormal posted:

I like getting a Dion, I don't like that it's the same mold as Orion Pax. And apparently we actually saw Dion's vehicle mode and it doesn't look much like that.

Yeah but that's why they put Orion Pax on the front of the box in the exact same pose as Dion

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean I can’t think of an existing mold that’d suit Dion better

And lbr they aren’t gonna make a whole new mold just for Dion.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nodosaur posted:

I mean I can’t think of an existing mold that’d suit Dion better

I don’t remember those two, is the other ‘bot Celine?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dabir posted:

Look what else are they gonna do with that extremely bespoke mold?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Are you ready to be kawaii?

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Not really.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Last Call posted:

I've got the Optimus on preorder, I think it's clever. Bumblebee looks alright, and is a pretty big step up over their Megatron.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joe Fisto posted:

I don’t remember those two, is the other ‘bot Celine?

They're from that episode where the Aerialbots go back in time; Ariel got rebuilt into Elita-1, and Dion got rebuilt into a yardsale.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Nodosaur posted:

I'd have agreed with that like 10 years ago. But now they're doing repaints based on g2 production art (pretty obscure stuff if you're not a turbo nerd like new), new mold for Jhaxius, we got that heavy retool for super Megatron, etc.

I don't buy a ton of retail Hasbro anymore (mostly mp and 3p), so those are just quick things off the top of my head. But they've shown they're very willing to go obscure for even new molds these days. I don't consider anything impossible.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Look it's either Dion or Devcon and they picked Devcon.

Actually we still don't know what Devcon will transform into. He's a voyager, right?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
One of the Terrorcons in Rise of The Beasts is called Transit and I really hope they are a bus

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

One of the Terrorcons in Rise of The Beasts is called Transit and I really hope they are a bus

Transit is a bus and apparently a Decepticon.

https://twitter.com/ROTBTrailer/status/1638799274128416768?t=2s0zMNRMQ12YFLTnN4PeIA&s=19

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Sweet! An evil bus! He better get a toy

e: we also better get a Stratosphere toy as well

Regular Wario fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 23, 2023

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here are some new renders from Takara.

Wheeljack even has suspenders.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bay really is back, huh

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

The Last Call posted:

gently caress the figure, I wanna know where I can buy that hoodie

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is Wheeljack’s toy actually going to be VW branded? Or did they genericize it?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well, that's a VW logo right there. Looks like a nice design.

Surprising that they're apparently homaging the original bat Optimus Primal with scimitars.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I decided to pick this one up after seeing it in the store. I love a purple bot, and that headsculpt is fantastic. Very simple, almost G1 transformation, but that's ok. Good bot.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Surprising that they're apparently homaging the original bat Optimus Primal with scimitars.

He was a bat??

Also Beast Wars Primal had scimitars originally.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

SlothfulCobra posted:

I thought I remembered the leaked prototype images of the toy not having the VW logo on the front in vehicle mode.

Edit— just checked the wiki, the Target exclusive one is unlicensed. No word on if we’re getting a SS version.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 23, 2023

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

DoctorWhat posted:

Look what else are they gonna do with that extremely bespoke mold?

Wish they'd do something else with the Cosmos mold. Never could get my hands on one.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

arsenicCatnip posted:

gently caress the figure, I wanna know where I can buy that hoodie

Please do not gently caress the figure

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Wish they'd do something else with the Cosmos mold. Never could get my hands on one.

Maybe a Path Finder redeco?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Well Walmart has exclusive rights to that tooling for probably another year or so. They also spent less money/resources on making the Cosmos mold (about as much as they'd normally spend on RETOOLING a deluxe; they managed the same thing with Override) so they may not be as hungry for ROI.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

xZAOx posted:

I'd have agreed with that like 10 years ago. But now they're doing repaints based on g2 production art (pretty obscure stuff if you're not a turbo nerd like new), new mold for Jhaxius, we got that heavy retool for super Megatron, etc.

I don't buy a ton of retail Hasbro anymore (mostly mp and 3p), so those are just quick things off the top of my head. But they've shown they're very willing to go obscure for even new molds these days. I don't consider anything impossible.

Jhiaxus is a major villain in the Marvel comics and has had major roles in IDW1 and 2.

Dion is a minor character who died in a story about someone else’s origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Scorponok also gets a reveal of is alt mode and his son's weapon mode.

He's getting an SS deluxe but apparently next year.