Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Weren't most of the action scenes just taken straight from the Japanese show?

In the original American version, yeah. It wasn’t until several seasons down the road that the action scenes were filmed with the regular scenes.

I have a friend that’s in the current Netflix show and they film it all in New Zealand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Weren't most of the action scenes just taken straight from the Japanese show?

Yes that's why they came up with the rangers teleporting to the fights. Really a genius way to jump to the different footage.

e: whoops. On mobile. Thought I was at the last post and didn't see Joey's.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 22, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Excuse me, Power Rangers was a documentary, and events happened in real time.

Nov 6, 2002

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol Trout will never win

spent his whole career never playing in a moment that mattered, and when it shows up can't handle the pressure

:smugdog:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

spent his whole career never playing in a moment that mattered, and when it shows up can't handle the pressure

:smugdog:

I know you're making a cheap joke but there were 17 inches of break on that final slider, no one's hitting that.

Catching up to the 100 mph fastball down the middle on the pitch before was his chance, but it turns out that it's hard to hit things thrown that hard even for the Mike Trout's of the world unless you're sitting on it. Which I don't think he was.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pr0n which of the loyalist chapters made the top 5? I bet the space wolves and black templars were up there - those dudes are dicks.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I only remember Red Talons. And some offshoot chapter of Ultramarines that loves skull and bones regalia. I’m a Iron Snakes guy after reading Dan Abnett Brotherhood of the Snake novel

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I read today we've had 132 consecutive days with 8+ inches of snow on the ground. The prior recorded record was 80. Let me tell you, I'm really loving sick of snow.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

wandler20 posted:

I read today we've had 132 consecutive days with 8+ inches of snow on the ground. The prior recorded record was 80. Let me tell you, I'm really loving sick of snow.

This is funny to me because Chicago had the exact opposite winter, we had very very little snow. We more or less had an extended cold fall instead of a real winter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My relationship status in regards to last year's tax returns still not done, having a side business with a PPC loan awaiting loan forgiveness and driving uber during the pandemic with no taxes taken out: It's complicated

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Very little snow outside Boston as well. Last week we were supposed to have a major storm, friend a bit further out West got 2 feet, but instead we got maybe 4 inches of heavy snow, then it instantly warmed up and rained away before I even had to shovel.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It won't stop loving raining in California :smithcloud:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Were you in a drought afflicted area at least? It's been like a month since that was a problem right?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Were you in a drought afflicted area at least? It's been like a month since that was a problem right?

The reservoirs are pretty full again but all the excess just runs off but it really matters more if Norcal gets snow than anything else.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The whole state was a drought afflicted area. Time to plant more almond trees, just in time for the next major drought in a few years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Glumslinger posted:

It won't stop loving raining in California :smithcloud:

WE NEED IT

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

wandler20 posted:

:hmmyes:

Thank christ the potential 6" they were talking about at the end of last week ended up just rain here, I am done maintaining the driveway.

It has been 35 - 40 the last few days, so a lot of the stuff out in the open is gone, but it's consistently colder where we are tucked into the woods. We'll have snow visible in the backyard for another couple of weeks.

The official start of spring is Oberon release, and this year is going to be one where they get chilled in a snowbank instead of enjoyed sitting on the deck.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Meanwhile in Louisiana, we’re getting weather alerts like this.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:hmmyes:

Thank christ the potential 6" they were talking about at the end of last week ended up just rain here, I am done maintaining the driveway.

It has been 35 - 40 the last few days, so a lot of the stuff out in the open is gone, but it's consistently colder where we are tucked into the woods. We'll have snow visible in the backyard for another couple of weeks.

The official start of spring is Oberon release, and this year is going to be one where they get chilled in a snowbank instead of enjoyed sitting on the deck.

Lucky. My 10 day forecast only has 2 days above freezing and barely at that. The city has been piling snow up on the corner of my driveway so I have these massive 6' and 8' piles that are going to take forever to melt. My neighborhood is basically one lane traffic at this point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah the problem with California is the reservoirs and infrastructure of collecting and keeping rain is impossibly dire and every year politicians from every side bitch about it just so people know they are acknowledging it and giving it lip service and then they do absolutely nothing about it. It all just runs off and goes away and then in the summer they tell people they can't wash their cars and infuriates everyone.

The snowpack in the sierras sticking around until the summer is the important thing, if it rains and melts it just runs off too.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

wandler20 posted:

Lucky. My 10 day forecast only has 2 days above freezing and barely at that. The city has been piling snow up on the corner of my driveway so I have these massive 6' and 8' piles that are going to take forever to melt. My neighborhood is basically one lane traffic at this point.

Oh yeah, our street isn't that bad, but still 3'-4' plow wash on either side, around 6' at the corners of driveways where it's getting piled on two different directions, and a HUGE 6'+ drift where they have pushed snow off the road at the end of the cul-de-sac where our driveway is. Can confirm it is still wide enough for me to drive by the UPS truck going the other way, but I did stop and wait so we wouldn't pass each other in a turn.

Knock on wood, but right now the potholes are only a problem for ~25% of it until we're out on a main road. Based on past experience, they won't get to filling the potholes in our neighborhood until every other street in the city has been done first.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I have found myself periodically watching these videos about the water situation in the west. It was extremely dire towards the end of last year but with CA’s apparently constant rainfall and a pretty big snowpack in the CO Rockies this year hopefully we’ll be doing a little bit better.

e: the guy uses one of those speech to text things to narrate the videos which is a little off putting at first but I think he’s just not comfortable recording himself. That or he’s a Russkie/Chicom psyop and recording his actual speaking voice would give the game away :tinfoil:

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 22, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

Yeah the problem with California is the reservoirs and infrastructure of collecting and keeping rain is impossibly dire and every year politicians from every side bitch about it just so people know they are acknowledging it and giving it lip service and then they do absolutely nothing about it. It all just runs off and goes away and then in the summer they tell people they can't wash their cars and infuriates everyone.

The snowpack in the sierras sticking around until the summer is the important thing, if it rains and melts it just runs off too.

We have a new enormous reservoir coming into service, the Sites Reservoir, but it's still years away from being ready to start filling.

In general adding storage capacity in California is incredibly difficult for a ton of reasons. The one that matters the most to me is that making a new reservoir obliterates a landscape and the ecology within it. What we really need to do, and this actually is on the politicians, is wipe away the old water rights system and replace it with a fair system that provides enough water to California's actual essential agricultural sectors while depriving the cash export crop industries of their ability to overdraw and continue to expand unsustainable farming.

But even though farming is less than 3% of California's economy, its lobby has a huge influence on both the legislature and the public, and people will generally vote against measures that a commercial will tell them "stops us from growing YOUR FOOOOOD!!!!" because you know, we can't survive without exporting 90% of our vast pistachio crop.

e. also we are at snowpack way above average even for the seasonal peak in April so we're gonna be good statewide this year.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

This is funny to me because Chicago had the exact opposite winter, we had very very little snow. We more or less had an extended cold fall instead of a real winter.

dc had maybe one inch at best

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Woke up to this in SoCal, driveway was finally clear other day

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This is enough for the year, can I get a literal rain check for next winter?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Tucson has for a while started pumping excess water into its aquifer and has restored it somewhat-- is California doing that where possible?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Qwijib0 posted:

Tucson has for a while started pumping excess water into its aquifer and has restored it somewhat-- is California doing that where possible?

lol

edit: afaik Mono Lake is the only place that's happening and that's only after decades of lawsuits

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 22, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

IIRC it's mostly not possible, for the ancient aquifer that they're drawing water out of in the southern part of the state. There's places where the ground dropped 30 feet and they'd basically be trying to inflate it up again or something?

But anyway there's no water to pump into that aquifer, 100% of our storage is needed just to water almonds and fill swimming pools. If we actually had a water surplus for a decade maybe someone would think about doing this but probably they'd just not do it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
can everyone just stop eating almonds, we are all dying of thirst

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a neat cape posted:

And what, just eat my ice cream plain????? Like a commoner???????

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It was warm enough last night that I slept with the windows opened.

The weather for the rest of the week is cold & rainy with a fair chance it turns to snow.

At least I did all my outdoor lawn & gardening tasks last Saturday.

a neat cape posted:

I need it for my non-dairy milk. Drinking regular milk has dire consequences.

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

I’ll stop eating almonds if they get rid of golf courses.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, the big old scary Trump Grand Jury isn't even meeting today.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

harperdc posted:

Inspired: Translating and releasing the recent season that was Teen Vogue levels progressive.

Oh?

kiimo posted:

My relationship status in regards to last year's tax returns still not done, having a side business with a PPC loan awaiting loan forgiveness and driving uber during the pandemic with no taxes taken out: It's complicated

From what I was reading in the comments the game can't do anything that complicated (it can only do simple filings), but I'd fully expect someone to try

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Almonds are bland as hell eat a cashew instead

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

I need it for my non-dairy milk. Drinking regular milk has dire consequences.

oat milk.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

Almonds are bland as hell eat a cashew instead

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

Ha, the big old scary Trump Grand Jury isn't even meeting today.

As soon as Liberal Twitter got all excited for some bombshell to drop last Tuesday I knew it would be a gigantic dud.

Usually has more carbs & overall calories than I'd like.

I should go back to using soy milk.